Reload this Page >

Fear the Walking Dead (S2E14/15) -- 2 Hour Finale -- "Wrath/North" -- 10/2/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-02-16, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Travis is blindsided by new refugees at the hotel. Meanwhile, Nick must make the decision to leave the Colonia or stay with Luciana.

In the second-season finale, Travis' rage causes unrest at the RBH; and Madison must decide if she will stand by Travis. Meanwhile, Nick takes on leadership of the Colonia as Narcos close in.

Show was renewed for a 16 episode 3rd season back in April. Will air sometime next year.

http://deadline.com/2016/04/fear-the...mc-1201738374/
Old 10-03-16, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S2E14/15) -- 2 Hour Finale -- "Wrath/North" -- 10/2/16

When the 2 bromigos were thrown from the bed of the truck, they probably should have died or sustained serious injuries. Hard to believe Chris' injury was worse than theirs.
Old 10-03-16, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S2E14/15) -- 2 Hour Finale -- "Wrath/North" -- 10/2/16

I was worried that Chris was going to make it, until I saw the compound fracture.

Why did the one dude come back as a walker when he had his head crushed?
Old 10-03-16, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I truly hate the Madison character. But I can't tell, is everything she says and does incredibly stupid because the writers are also that stupid? Or is it a character choice on their part to make her this catastrophically dumb? That fact that it is so consistent isn't helping me decide one way or the other. If there is something that can be done in an unnecessarily foolish way, you can count on her to carry it out. But she always seems surprised that her idiotic choices and actions have predictably terrible consequences, so maybe the character's colossal stupidity is in fact intentional. But it seems an odd choice to make a lead so inherently detestable when it's not in a plot antagonist way, but instead in an "I wish this character would disappear between seasons" way.
Old 10-03-16, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Did anyone catch Unser from Sons of Anarchy? He was the one shooting at Ophelia.
Old 10-03-16, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
I truly hate the Madison character. But I can't tell, is everything she says and does incredibly stupid because the writers are also that stupid? Or is it a character choice on their part to make her this catastrophically dumb? That fact that it is so consistent isn't helping me decide one way or the other. If there is something that can be done in an unnecessarily foolish way, you can count on her to carry it out. But she always seems surprised that her idiotic choices and actions have predictably terrible consequences, so maybe the character's colossal stupidity is in fact intentional. But it seems an odd choice to make a lead so inherently detestable when it's not in a plot antagonist way, but instead in an "I wish this character would disappear between seasons" way.
I don't like her either, but at least she admitted lighting up the hotel sign was a mistake. I mainly dislike her because Kim Dickens isn't a great actress.
Old 10-03-16, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276 View Post
Did anyone catch Unser from Sons of Anarchy? He was the one shooting at Ophelia.
Yep and he might be one of the few reasons I'd tune in to the next season. What a snooze fest of a 2-hour finale.

Does anyone else not believe they killed Chris offscreen?
Old 10-03-16, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo View Post
Yep and he might be one of the few reasons I'd tune in to the next season. What a snooze fest of a 2-hour finale.

I actually thought it was a good finale.
I def believe Chris is dead.
Also, I guess Ruben Blades character is officially dead.
Old 10-03-16, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I do give them credit for the way they killed off Chris. Having it happen outside of his family's current universe and not milking it for all the drama they could squeeze out of it was a nice choice IMO. So was Travis' reaction, though the silly sequence of events that followed what Travis did negated a lot of that. I thought for sure there was going to be some reveal that the other two ran away and left him for dead and only said he was dead as an excuse for abandoning him. But instead I was pleasantly surprised that what actually happened was true to their characters and they did not use some predictable and lame twist to keep him alive and make next season the quest to find Chris (instead of Nick, which is what we are actually getting).
Old 10-03-16, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wouldn't call the death of Chris off-screen given they took us to the scene, gory leg fracture and all.

I'm still not loving or hating this show. Just enough to enjoy, but far too much goes astray for me to recommend it to anybody not already watching.

I do welcome them getting back to the US for the next season. Hoping we get some more storylines that involve the military or government.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 10-04-16 at 12:03 AM.
Old 10-04-16, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bunkaroo View Post

Robert Kirkman and the actor who played Chris confirmed his death on Talking Dead.
Old 10-04-16, 08:40 AM

Following the usual rules of Television, I wasn't sure about Chris's death at first, but it's been established. Honestly, I've forgotten where we left Blades at this point.
Old 10-04-16, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Note sure why so many are going on about the death of Chris. It's actually kind of ridiculous that most shows handle all character deaths as something that happens in front of other characters. The reality is that things like what happened to Chris happen all the time. Seems like they showed the whole thing just so those that are questioning it wouldn't be confused.

If anything I would be wondering what Coleman's role will be going forward. But they confirmed on The Talking Dead that he indeed will be back and have a large role in the show going forward.
Old 10-04-16, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

His death didn't have to happen in front of the other characters but it didn't have to happen as a flashback narrative.

The point is shows generally handle things a certain way and viewers are trained to recognize "false deaths". I don't watch the Talking shows so if Kirkman confirmed then fine but I don't think it's off base to think the bromigos could have been lying about what happened to him. Walking Dead also likes to have character's actions be for nothing sometimes, so imagine Travis beat the bromigos to death only to find out Chris is still alive....definitely seemed like something this show would do.
Old 10-04-16, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/04...o-james-henrie

Chris is dead.

Actor confirmed it.
Old 10-04-16, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Decent cliff hanger at least, being there is a lot of different directions they could go now.

as for the normal semi-hate watching side of the show.
Just how low level is this shows budget now? They really needed to spring for the extras to make a zombie horde with this being the season finale. They have been going all el-cheap'o for the zombie stuff all season long by making zombie blood the get out of jail free card as far as zombie attacks.

but now, now the EP where the horde finally gets to go full zombie attack mode and only we get like a handful of people. They didn't really show any of the final badguys vs zombie show down either. After the big show down I think there was even LESS of a horde!!!? Boooooo..
I've seen more people at the opening of a random Winco grocery store in town.

and as far as Chris's death, I've been waiting all season for someone in the core group to finally get taken out being like any good show watching hater I can't stand any of them. Yet a flash back narrative just doesn't cut it on a shows of this nature. Being it's so easy to just go "Oh they lied".
Old 10-04-16, 04:32 PM

I thought it was a good finale, but I still don't like the "spread a little bit of zombie blood" is all it takes to get through a horde like that. You mean to tell me the entire colony was able to grab a zombie, kill it, spread the blood, and then slowly walk out through the big mass of zombies? For one, one of them has to freak out or move a little to get the walkers looking, second, they barely had any blood on themselves! !
Old 10-04-16, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This show is dumb—it's not like it's worth getting worked up over it.
Old 10-04-16, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DeadLamb View Post
Decent cliff hanger at least, being there is a lot of different directions they could go now.

as for the normal semi-hate watching side of the show.
Just how low level is this shows budget now? They really needed to spring for the extras to make a zombie horde with this being the season finale. They have been going all el-cheap'o for the zombie stuff all season long by making zombie blood the get out of jail free card as far as zombie attacks.

but now, now the EP where the horde finally gets to go full zombie attack mode and only we get like a handful of people. They didn't really show any of the final badguys vs zombie show down either. After the big show down I think there was even LESS of a horde!!!? Boooooo..
I've seen more people at the opening of a random Winco grocery store in town.

and as far as Chris's death, I've been waiting all season for someone in the core group to finally get taken out being like any good show watching hater I can't stand any of them. Yet a flash back narrative just doesn't cut it on a shows of this nature. Being it's so easy to just go "Oh they lied".
Don't you think one of the guys getting beaten to a pulp would've said "Hey, we didn't actually kill him" to try to stop said beating? They should've done that anyway, and promised to take him to the accident scene.
Old 10-04-16, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They actually went into it on the Talking Dead about how they purposely tried something different for the death of Chris. I for one agree with their angle in making this one unique. Once the two guys started telling the truth we as viewers got to see it from their point of view. No less real, but at least something different than the dozens of character kills we have seen on TWD.
Old 10-04-16, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
Don't you think one of the guys getting beaten to a pulp would've said
All I'm saying is shows love to cheat on character deaths.
The Walking Dead has set a horrible track record of playing fast and loose with it's character plot armor. So I'm a little jaded when it comes to this spin off.

Being we all know if they really wanted to bring Chris back they could with a simple "No dad, that's not what happened". Plus keep in mind part of the fun of watching this show is the hope a character you can't stand (as in all of them) become zombie food. We got robbed of that too. Boo I say, boooooo*

*will still watch season 3 with hope of zombie nom-nom'ing of the entire family.
Old 10-04-16, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
Don't you think one of the guys getting beaten to a pulp would've said "Hey, we didn't actually kill him" to try to stop said beating? They should've done that anyway, and promised to take him to the accident scene.
That bothered me too, since it seemed so obvious. And when does a character ever hear a loved one died "out there" -- but clearly within easy walking distance from where they are standing -- without saying "No!" and immediately rushing off because "I need to see it for myself!"? But I was actually glad they didn't trot out that out.
Old 10-05-16, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finished the season and now can walk away from the show.

So far it has been a waste of my time and I do not really like most of the characters. Plus the show is boring.

If they announced they were killing off the whole family and continuing the show with Strand as the Lead and maybe toss in that girl who survived the plane crash somehow I might watch next season.

They need to stop the whole toss a little blood and walk by zombies thing that it seems everyone does.
Old 10-29-16, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They need to kill off most of the current characters except Strand, introduce news ones and reboot
Old 10-29-16, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea. I skipped the whole season. It's hard watching characters act so stupid. After awhile you just turn it off.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.