DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Easy (Netflix) -- C: Swanberg; S: Bloom, Cash & others -- Series Thread -- 9/22/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/637439-easy-netflix-c-swanberg%3B-s-bloom-cash-others-series-thread-9-22-16-a.html)

DJariya 09-22-16 01:25 AM

Easy (Netflix) -- C: Swanberg; S: Bloom, Cash & others -- Series Thread -- 9/22/16

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/wp-con...UK-600x900.jpg

Easy is an anthology series from creator Joe Swanberg that explores diverse Chicago characters as they fumble through the modern maze of love, sex, technology and culture. The eight-episode series, written and directed by Swanberg, features Orlando Bloom, Malin Akerman, Jake Johnson, Marc Maron, Dave Franco, Hannibal Buress, Emily Ratajkowski, Michael Chernus, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Aya Cash, Jane Adams, Elizabeth Reaser, Evan Jonigkeit and more.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
ˇ Aya Cash
ˇ Dave Franco
ˇ Elizabeth Reaser
ˇ Gugu Mbatha-Raw
ˇ Hannibal Buress
ˇ Jake Johnson
ˇ Jane Adams
ˇ Malin Akerman
ˇ Marc Maron
ˇ Michael Chernus
ˇ Orlando Bloom

CREW INFORMATION:
ˇ Joe Swanberg as CRTR/EP/DIR (Pilot)

GENRE(S):
ˇ comedy (all)
ˇ comedy (single-camera)
STUDIO INFORMATION:
ˇ no information is available

All 8 episodes will be available as of 3:01am ET Thursday

dex14 09-22-16 06:49 AM

Re: Easy (Netflix) -- C: Swanberg; S: Bloom, Cash & others -- Series Thread -- 9/22/1

I'll check this out because of Swanberg.

mphtrilogy 09-23-16 01:23 PM

Re: Easy (Netflix) -- C: Swanberg; S: Bloom, Cash & others -- Series Thread -- 9/22/1

Sampled the first ep, not bad.

Will tune in to the next.

Why So Blu? 09-24-16 08:54 PM

Added it to my queue.

RichC2 09-24-16 10:18 PM

I really liked the first 3 episodes, episode 4 seemed like it was from something entirely unrelated.

Josh-da-man 09-24-16 11:51 PM

Kate "Oates" Micucci has some great nips on her!

RichC2 09-25-16 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 12906905)
Kate "Oates" Micucci has some great nips on her!

Hang your laundry off em :up:

I never thought seeing her in a Bloom/Akerman sandwich is something I wanted to see. TIL.

So much nudity :lol:

david12 10-15-16 02:01 AM

Not to be too bold, but does anyone think this show is about consent?

Watched the first episode. The end seemed...off.

Sgtsnake 10-15-16 05:29 AM

Everything seem off about this show to me. The characters are not that likable and it was kind of difficult to watch. Had trouble getting through the second episode

dex14 11-17-17 09:38 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7PxzSVhdj3s" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Season 2 will be up on Netflix on December 1.

RichC2 11-17-17 10:06 AM

Didn't think this got renewed, sweet.

andicus 11-17-17 10:45 AM

I enjoyed the first season, but bailed on the vegan episode.

Will definitely watch S2.

The Infidel 12-06-17 07:51 PM

Wasn't aware of this series' existence until today, so I tried it out. Only three episodes in, but I'm really enjoying this. Short, amusing episodes that don't drag out the drama, and resolve fairly happily by the end. My question is, why have I never heard of Elizabeth Reaser before? Smokin!!!

andicus 12-06-17 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by The Infidel (Post 13221017)
Wasn't aware of this series' existence until today, so I tried it out. Only three episodes in, but I'm really enjoying this. Short, amusing episodes that don't drag out the drama, and resolve fairly happily by the end. My question is, why have I never heard of Elizabeth Reaser before? Smokin!!!

You didn't watch Mad Men? She was only in a couple of episodes, but they were good.

If you haven't heard of this, you can also watch the first series. It was pretty good, excluding the one episode that I didn't make it through.

RichC2 12-08-17 07:50 PM

Started the 2nd season, first episode was an interesting take on millennial PC Fight or Flight.

There is more tie back to Season 1 than I was expecting

The Infidel 12-09-17 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by andicus (Post 13221134)
You didn't watch Mad Men? She was only in a couple of episodes, but they were good.

If you haven't heard of this, you can also watch the first series. It was pretty good, excluding the one episode that I didn't make it through.

Well, according to her resumé on IMDB, I haven't seen a single thing she's been in, which would explain why I've never heard of her.

Just finished binging both seasons, and I found the second season finale ending kind of weird.

Spoiler:
Kate Micucci's character gets a phone call, and you're not sure who it's from. The boyfriend who just broke up with her? The lady she was babysitting for? Maybe the couple she had the threesome with?

slop101 12-24-17 12:58 PM

Just finished the 2nd season... meh.
I liked the first season a lot more.

dex14 08-25-18 05:27 PM

Renewed for a third and final season: https://deadline.com/2018/08/easy-re...rg-1202450798/

dex14 04-26-19 12:11 PM

Re: Easy (Netflix) -- C: Swanberg; S: Bloom, Cash & others -- Series Thread -- 9/22/16

<iframe width="676" height="380" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GdJCN7f9ttM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Creator Joe Swanberg’s EASY returns for a third and final season, featuring some new faces as well as many returning fan favorite characters, all of whom are navigating the modern maze of love, sex, technology, and culture in Chicago.

The new season stars Zazie Beetz, Sophia Bush, Aya Cash, Michael Chernus, Kiersey Clemons, Dave Franco, John Gallagher Jr., Jake Johnson, Evan Jonigkeit, Melanie Lynskey, Marc Maron, Kate Micucci, Gugu Mbatha Raw, Elizabeth Reaser, Jaz Sinclair, Kali Skrap, and Jacqueline Toboni. Easy Season 3 premieres May 10, only on Netflix.

RichC2 05-26-19 02:57 PM

Re: Easy (Netflix) -- C: Swanberg; S: Bloom, Cash & others -- Series Thread -- 9/22/16

I'd watch a spin-off series based on Kate Micucci's character on this, they're thoroughly the most entertaining episodes from each season

andicus 07-06-19 02:23 AM

Season 3 Episode 5 was some seriously good shit. Really enjoyed it. Great performances by Michael Chernus and Elizabeth Reaser.