Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S4E01) -- Season Premiere -- "The Ghost" -- 9/20/16

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S4E01) -- Season Premiere -- "The Ghost" -- 9/20/16

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-16, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S4E01) -- Season Premiere -- "The Ghost" -- 9/2

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
I think the show averages around 1.2 million viewers per week. Something like 50 million people went to go see Captain America: Civil War in North America. If 10% of them are "into the movies enough", then 80% of that group don't watch the show.

It's really small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.
I would think any person with enough interest in the movies to know who Coulson is, has enough general interest in the subject matter to know why he is still alive. Without actually watching the show.
If you have an interest in movies you have all kinds of knowledge about movies you've never seen.
Old 09-21-16, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S4E01) -- Season Premiere -- "The Ghost" -- 9/2

Okay, school cancelled on account of flooding (which is a new one for us..), so watching AOS. I liked the introduction of the Life Decoy Model, Aida; FitzSimmons are officially shacking up; Ghost Rider was decent; and we're moving into some supernatural stuff, as opposed to just enhanced humans. Daisy is still great, as is May and Coulson.
Old 09-21-16, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
None of it?
Its certainly better than it started out. If I were you I'd just start watching this season and see if you think its worthwhile. There really isn't all that much that you wont be able to pick up and figure out.
Old 09-21-16, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I think the second half of season one is a decent watch especially if you liked winter soldier.

It's weird how that was so tied in with the movies, including a Nick Fury cameo, and then it became the red headed stepchild. With SHIELD out of the shadows there's more potential there, though, just seemingly little will to do it.
Old 09-21-16, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

It was an okay start. I liked seeing some of the flashes of Ghost Rider.

Daisy being rogue will probably last a few episodes. I'm sure she will end up back at Shield by midseason.

Wonder when they will bring in O'Mara as the director.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-21-16 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-21-16, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Episode 2 is when O'Mara makes his first appearance.
Old 09-21-16, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts

Any info on who that female killer ghost is supposed to be?
Old 09-22-16, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

While he isn't Johnny Blaze, it was neat seeing some version of Ghost Rider. He's the main reason I came back to check things out. I completely dropped SHIELD after the alien love interest last season.

This was a pretty good start to the season with a couple of interesting threads.
Old 09-22-16, 06:45 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I wish they didn't put the fact that Ghost Rider was gonna be in it all over the place. That would have been such an awesome, "Holy crap, is that Ghost Rider?" moment, but instead it was obvious right from the beginning it was him.
Old 09-22-16, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
I wish they didn't put the fact that Ghost Rider was gonna be in it all over the place. That would have been such an awesome, "Holy crap, is that Ghost Rider?" moment, but instead it was obvious right from the beginning it was him.
I actually managed to skip over any info about Ghost Rider so I was surprised but confused by him having a car.
Old 09-22-16, 10:07 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Krayzie
I actually managed to skip over any info about Ghost Rider so I was surprised but confused by him having a car.
I'm sure many people who don't follow the mainstream Marvel universe closely were confused (I know I was). I am sort of tangentially aware of the different iterations of GR, but I kind of forgot one of them drove a car.
Old 09-23-16, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
Agreed. If anything I imagine at least some people tuned in to see the Ghost Rider from the films and were pissed to find out it was the much lamer version. Based on that first episode this GR stuff can't end soon enough. Rogue Quake isn't any better. Seems like it is indeed time to kill this show.

I still think outing Coulson back in the films could be great. They could have a great, short scene where those not in the know suddenly find out he has been helping them from the sidelines the whole time.
Old 09-23-16, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was expecting Ghost Rider to have a white horse.

That having been said, I thought it lackluster. Some part neutral and some part underwhleming. Hopefully it'll improve.
Old 09-23-16, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I admit, I am not familiar with this incarnation of Ghost Rider. I had no idea there were multiple variations and one being hispanic.

Curious how many people tuned in expecting the Johnny Blaze motorcycle riding Ghost Rider from the films.
Old 09-24-16, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

This show is barely holding my interest still.