Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lucifer (FOX) -- Season 2 Thread -- premieres 9/19/16

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-16, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Lucifer (FOX) -- Season 2 Thread -- premieres 9/19/16

THE DEVIL'S MOM ESCAPES FROM HELL ON THE ALL-NEW SEASON TWO PREMIERE OF "LUCIFER" MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, ON FOX

Lucifer is distracted by his mother's escape from hell, as he and Chloe investigate the murder of a stand-in actress. Meanwhile, Chloe's faith in Lucifer is tested by the new medical examiner, Ella. Also, Amenadiel hopes to rein in Lucifer's wild side, as they both deal with the absence of Maze in the all-new "Everything's Coming Up Lucifer" season premiere episode of LUCIFER airing Monday, Sept. 19 (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (L-201) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

Cast: Tom Ellis as Lucifer, Lauren German as Chloe, DB Woodside as Amenadiel, Lesley-Ann Brandt as Maze, Kevin Alejandro as Dan, Scarlett Estevez as Trixie, Rachael Harris as Linda Martin, Tricia Helfer as Charlotte and Aimee Garcia as Ella.

Guest Cast: Rusty Schwimmer as Roberta Beliard, Jessica Sula as Amy Dods, Jeremiah Birkett as Robber and James Swalm as Boyfriend/Otis.

Expected to be a 22 episode season

The midseason drama APB, from the creator of Burn Notice & from one of the Producers of Person of Interest, will take over this timeslot in February during Lucifer's midseason hiatus.

I think there's enough interest here to try to do Lucifer as a weekly thread.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-19-16 at 03:04 AM.
Old 09-19-16, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts
re: Lucifer (FOX) -- Season 2 Thread -- premieres 9/19/16

22 episodes?

Seems like too much. I much prefer shorter, tighter seasons.
Old 09-19-16, 09:02 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

A lot of filler.
Old 09-19-16, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, 22 episodes is depressing to hear. This was one of my fave guilty pleasures last year - good casting all around. But 22 eps means way too much filler - we're gonna have a season worth of "crime of the week" BS - which was severely weak last spring.

I really wish this was only a 13 episode season. It is going to go way too downhill with full 22 episode season this year, although I'll still be watching it for the start of this season, at the very least. Shame the Presidential Debates will interrupt next week, meaning we get one episode premiere, and then must wait another two weeks for any followup or idea as to how this season is likely to unfold.
Old 09-19-16, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
22 episodes?

Seems like too much. I much prefer shorter, tighter seasons.
Lucifer was mostly case of the week with a light ongoing storyline. The ongoing storyline did pick up more towards the end. I suspect season 2 will add more case of the week episodes.

The only reason why it was 13 episodes in the 1st season was because it premiered midseason in late January. Midseason shows usually are locked at 13 episodes or less. Since it was a hit and they decided to bring it back for the Fall, it now has to fill out the schedule until May.

The show is airing in 2 blocks (Fall and Spring), so you could look at it as 2 mini seasons.
Old 09-20-16, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Fun start.

The opening robbery scene and what Lucifer did was

Nice to see Aimee Garcia join the cast. She was on the ill fated Rush Hour from last season. Glad she picked up another gig right away.

I'm glad that Chloe didn't turn on Lucifer after hearing that "explanation" from Amenadiel about his abilities.
Old 09-20-16, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Solid first episode!

Something seemed sketchy with the doc when Lucifer burst in. I guess Maze may have been hiding? Could explain why Doc was trying to stop their sessions.

Loved the open bit too! :

Interesting choice by Chloe.

Seems like something is up with brothers powers. Should drive some plot for half a season. My thought is with all these dieties on Earth something is causing their powers to stop working.

Anybody else notice how Luci was playing All Along the Watchtower, which was also featured in Battlestar Galactica - a show which Helfer also stared??
Old 09-20-16, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good start to my fav network show from last season. Even if they did sort of just dump all repercussions from last years story line for the dad cop. Oh you stole a gun from evidence and someone got shot etc but whatever, here ya go take your badge back. We also need to you work totally random cases so you can run into your ex-wife and Lucifer more. So that guy has some huge plot armor going on.

but other then that, show hit the ground running right where it left off. Looking forward to see where the mom story line goes.

randomness.. that reaction to the extra taser action
imagebam.com
Old 09-20-16, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,457 Likes on 927 Posts

I didn't watch the first season. Is Maze usually that impertinent?

In the comics, she loved Lucifer both as a person and as her master. She worked very hard to be the perfect servant, and eventually raised and commanded an army for him.
Old 09-20-16, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Danger

In the comics, she loved Lucifer both as a person and as her master. She worked very hard to be the perfect servant, and eventually raised and commanded an army for him.
The show is very loosely based on the comics.
Old 09-20-16, 08:59 PM

Wow, did this show drop in quality for me. A. There's no reality where Dan shouldn't be in prison. But five minutes in, he's already back assisting on the *same* case. Again?!? Contrived attempt to insert fakey TV drama some Hollywood hack writer thought sounded like a genius idea, howdy!

B. I find the Supernatural ripoff nervy and sad. Its like before the first writers room for the seasons plot began, somebody thought "Man, that whole multiple God family idea I just saw last night on the CW? Yeah, lets steal that - but in a fun, lighthearted, and completely irrational way!" God's evil sister? One thing. God-mom? Never mind again trying to humanize *inhuman*, far more ancient constructs, by injecting everything with sexualized romantic relationships, it borders on the incestual - never mind, up against Supernatural, coming a heck of a lot closer to outright polytheism.

Oh, and, again unlike Supernatural, rather than serving as anything reflecting God in a positive light, it seems to showcase only a megalomaniacal psychopath as a deity - abusing power absent necessity or reason. Clearing the board of any who approach similar self-dependence.

C. Its so obvious, I can't believe even they'd go that bottom of the barrel. But "God Mom"?
Spoiler:
Lessee, one new semi regular. Female. In the first 30 seconds, going on about how Lucifer got a bad wrap and crap. Oh, and had a friend named Adolf. Its either crazily contrived writing, or else it *is* that blatantly obvious. I'm not sure which is worse.

The alternative is therapist lady is God-Mom. Either/or, I guess since I'm so massively underwhelmed if this is this half-season's big meta-arc, I really don't care either way.

I hope this season didn't open with their best, because if so, I give this about fifteen minutes of episode 2 before I drop it for good. And, considering Gotham is my only other Monday night watch, that's hardly due to a plethora of content to watch here on my part.
Old 09-21-16, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Fun start.

The opening robbery scene and what Lucifer did was

Nice to see Aimee Garcia join the cast. She was on the ill fated Rush Hour from last season. Glad she picked up another gig right away.

I'm glad that Chloe didn't turn on Lucifer after hearing that "explanation" from Amenadiel about his abilities.

Why would she? If anything he made Lucy more sympathetic. "He's using this facade as a coping mechanism because we had horrible childhoods".
Old 09-21-16, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Danger

This show has almost nothing in common with the comics. They took the characters' names and that is about it.

http://doblu.com/2016/09/02/lucifer-...season-review/

I didn't think this was a strong start to the season. It was little more than procedural filler with a boring case of the week. Trixie was also missing from it.

I really don't like this entire mom thing. I hope it is not dragged out all season.
Old 09-21-16, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
This show has almost nothing in common with the comics. They took the characters' names and that is about it.

http://doblu.com/2016/09/02/lucifer-...season-review/

I didn't think this was a strong start to the season. It was little more than procedural filler with a boring case of the week. Trixie was also missing from it.

I really don't like this entire mom thing. I hope it is not dragged out all season.
http://tvline.com/2016/07/20/lucifer...-mother-photo/

Tricia Helfer was made series regular back in July when filming began.

"Mother" will be around all season.
Old 09-21-16, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I know she's a series regular. I just hope she isn't the main source of conflict for this season.
Old 09-25-16, 12:46 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Not bad, the cast holds this show together and makes it interesting. They needs some kick ass storylines
Old 09-26-16, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Twenty two episodes could work if the it had two ongoing stories. I like that Once Upon A Time does that as twenty two is often too long for one story.
Old 09-26-16, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://tvline.com/2016/07/20/lucifer...-mother-photo/

Tricia Helfer was made series regular back in July when filming began.

"Mother" will be around all season.
I suppose it's inevitable that Dad will be making an appearance sometime.

Season 3, maybe... or season 2 cliffhanger?
Old 10-03-16, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Lucifer (S2E02) -- "Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire" -- 10/3/16

Lucifer
image hosting free

CHARLOTTE FINDS HERSELF AT THE SCENE OF A BLOODY MURDER ON AN ALL-NEW "LUCIFER" MONDAY, OCTOBER 3, ON FOX

When Lucifer's mother, Charlotte, turns up at the scene of a grizzly murder pleading innocence, Lucifer is hesitant to believe her tale. Not wanting to leave her on her own, he instructs Maze to babysit her - and not to torture her, allowing him to investigate the case with Chloe in the all-new "Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire" episode of LUCIFER airing Monday, Oct. 3 (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (L-202) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Tom Ellis as Lucifer, Lauren German as Chloe, DB Woodside as Amenadiel, Lesley-Ann Brandt as Maze, Kevin Alejandro as Dan, Scarlett Estevez as Trixie, Rachael Harris as Linda Martin, Tricia Helfer as Charlotte and Aimee Garcia as Ella.

Guest Cast: Eric Ladin as Liam Pickering; Colin Egglesfield as Ben Wheeler; Michael Goorjian as Elliot Richards; Daniel Edward Mora as Victor Perez

Back Monday night after a week off because of the debates.
Old 10-03-16, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Lucifer (S2E02) -- "Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire" -- 10/3/16

Leaning toward dropping this, the premise has worn thin for me
Old 10-04-16, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Tricia Helfer looked really hot in that tiny mini skirt and top at the beginning of the episode. She still has the body to pull off wearing slutty dresses like that.

I liked how they tied in the episode to the real person that she occupied who was killed.

I did at Charlotte headbutting Mazikeen.

There was no doubt that the innocent and apologetic routine that Mother was putting on was all an act.

Looks like Amenadiel is slowly losing his wings as well.
Old 10-05-16, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm already sick of Tricia Helfer.
Old 10-05-16, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I get the feeling that Fox is practically running this show themselves. It will be interesting to see if the formula ever deviates from mindless crime-solving.
Old 10-05-16, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Damn that shrink is tiny.
Old 10-05-16, 10:29 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Someone give Tricia Helfer a sammich!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.