DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Z Nation (SyFy) -- Season 3 Thread -- premieres 9/16/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/637360-z-nation-syfy-season-3-thread-premieres-9-16-16-a.html)

dex14 09-16-16 06:52 AM

Z Nation (SyFy) -- Season 3 Thread -- premieres 9/16/16

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...62&oe=5885ED39

Z NATION follows a team of everyday heroes during their epic struggle to save humanity following a zombie apocalypse. After discovering their mission to bring Murphy (Keith Allan, "Rise of the Zombies"), the only known survivor of the zombie plague, to a viral lab took an unexpected turn, the team is now split on the future of mankind. Murphy wants to create a race of human-zombie "blends," while the gang, led by Lieutenant Warren (Kellita Smith, "The Bernie Mac Show") are determined to stop him at all costs. In the Season 3 premiere, Warren's group is taken prisoner by a new foe, but it won't be long before Murphy and Warren face a showdown. Z NATION stars Smith, Allan, DJ Qualls ("Supernatural," "The Man in the High Castle"), Anastasia Baranova ("The Darkness II"), Russell Hodgkinson ("Big Fish"), Nat Zang, Joseph Gatt, Emilio Rivera ("Sons of Anarchy") and Matt Cedeņo ("Devious Maids"). An original co-production, Z NATION is produced by The Asylum.

Z NATION "No Mercy" - 8/7c *SEASON THREE PREMIERE*

In the long-anticipated season three premiere event, the gang comes together in a flashback, to protect the town against a new, dangerous enemy, The Man. New allies form, as they battle zombies like never before.
15 episode third season.

dvd-4-life 09-16-16 07:23 AM

Re: Z Nation (SyFy) -- Season 3 Thread -- premieres 9/16/16

Is this going too be available on Hulu the next day?

DJariya 09-16-16 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life (Post 12900326)
Is this going too be available on Hulu the next day?

No it will be available on SyFy's website and app.

dvd-4-life 09-16-16 10:31 AM

I have my Direct TV DVR set too record it(Direct TV comes and goes) so I needed a back up plan.

Orbi-Wan Techno 09-17-16 11:32 AM

Holy cow, great title sequence, and an extremely entertaining episode. No cliffhanger resolution, but picking up with alternative plot lines that took place in previous season. I saw the Feral Kid and immediately thought Road Warrior...

Bill Needle 09-17-16 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by N2DVD (Post 12901172)
Holy cow, great title sequence, and an extremely entertaining episode. No cliffhanger resolution, but picking up with alternative plot lines that took place in previous season. I saw the Feral Kid and immediately thought Road Warrior...

I don't really care for backdating show history (or flashbacks in general). Would have been great if shown in the middle of last season. But taken on its own I did like the episode and yeah great title sequence.

Coladar1 09-17-16 01:46 PM

As always, this show that could strives to be something amazing. This could've easily been a feature film, obviously what they were going for in shooting it as they did. But yet again, ZNation rises to be exceptional. I've always maintained this show could kick TWDs ass as far as true originality - Murphy just makes a unique take on the Zombie genre. .

This premiere just proves ZNations greatness yet again. I'm so glad this show is on the air - makes my Fridays something special. We will obviously be seeing more of Mr. Clean as the season rolls on - he sure does make for a great antagonist - and are his bosses part of the Z Nation?

Can't wait to see the followup (the actual followup) to last season. But, props for killing off 5k - how many shows would have the balls to introduce a character like that, and a young kid no less, then kill him immediately? I don't think even TWD would do that. And I'm loving they let loose on the cursing - shit this and shit that... makes tthe show feel that much more realistic. Cheers for ZNation, yet again.

Inhumans99 09-23-16 02:14 PM

Re: Z Nation (SyFy) -- Season 2 Thread -- back for more brains, baby! Premieres 9/11/

The 2 hour season opener was okay, and this may turn into another one of my runs in background while I am more interested in playing Best Fiends on my tablet type show. Hopefully things perk up with tonights episode.

Orbi-Wan Techno 09-24-16 09:26 AM

Yay! Regular timeline episode! 10K is OK! Well, maybe not totally OK....

Yay! Chinese Zombie Pokeball! Oops, works on humans too...

Yay! Zombie tumbleweed!

Yay! Citizen Z and the naked Eskimo fan girl!

Yay! The crew gets some new and improved weapons thanks to their new Chinese sort of allies!

Love this show.

Bill Needle 09-24-16 12:32 PM

Yep, right back in the groove. This show really knows what it is and does it very well.

Inhumans99 09-24-16 03:41 PM

Watching last nights episode now...sounds like my fears were unfounded and it is back to being the same show I fell in love during the first season.

Original Desmond 11-27-16 03:24 AM

Not really feeling this season, sick of the Murphy character

And looks like no one else is watching anyway

Eric F 11-27-16 10:32 AM

I'm watching. I gave up on Walking Dead and get my zombie fix here. It's still good fun- I find Walking Dead too depressing.

DWilson 11-28-16 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Original Desmond (Post 12956472)
Not really feeling this season, sick of the Murphy character

And looks like no one else is watching anyway

This show has also followed the path of breaking up the core group and doing a lot of episodes featuring individual characters. I'm wondering if that's a budget issue.

Abob Teff 11-28-16 03:03 PM

Caught up on several episodes ... Honestly, the main Murphy plot line has lost a good portion of my interest (starting with the stuff in Mexico last season). I know there has to be a driving main story, but this one has gone stale.

They have lost the balance between the funny "standalone" episodes and the main story. For awhile they had gone too heavy on the comedy, so it does have to be a balance. I like Doc, but we are swinging too far into his zany adventures.

That said, I really liked the election episode. Did anybody else catch the Walking Dead reference about the other candidate? Skeezy and Sketchy say something about seeing Lannister (Game of Thrones reference?) die by a dumpster and there was no way he could have survived.

DWilson 12-10-16 05:25 PM

Another episode focusing on one small part of the cast/storyline. The season finale should bring everyone together and that will kind of decide if I'm staying with the show.

It seems like they're moving toward having Murphy's daughter being a grown woman for the next season, -which makes no particular sense, though I can see why they might want to do it.

Frankly, I feel the show's been a bit of a letdown this season.

Eric F 12-10-16 11:02 PM

They actually figured a way to get DJ Qualls involved with the main plot- something nobody asked for.

DWilson 12-17-16 10:24 PM

I was kind of hoping they'd pull it all together in the season finale. Instead, the episode was kind of a mess, and the last ten minutes were very frustrating, since they threw in several storylines and incidents without a payoff until next season.

Bill Needle 12-18-16 10:45 AM

Yeah the season definitely went downhill. By the end I was watching more out of a sense of obligation than anything else. I'll check in next season but I'm not exactly waiting on pins and needles.

Abob Teff 12-18-16 12:09 PM

This has really dropped on my radar. I'm still recording it and will put it on within a few days, whether I actually watch it or not is iffy. Seems it is becoming more background noise that I check in on. What I think my issues are:

1.) It's landed in TWD territory where it went from "anybody could die at any time" to "the sacred ones must not be hurt". The new "main" characters have either not been interesting at all (el Chapo and the Kung-fu impaired Asian scientist) or essentially written off right away (Litte Red Riding Hood and Mad Max Boy). The existing cast has mostly gotten stale (Warren, Murphy) or been changed so much I don't care anymore (10K). Addie :wub: and Doc have just gotten boring.

2.) It was always hokey, but usually knew where to balance the abusurdity with the seriousness in order to move the story forward. Now it is taking itself too seriously with out-of-place humor tossed in as an after thought. Murphy as a plot driving device worked; Murphy as the Big Bad sucks.