TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Horror Story: Roanoke (S6E01) -- "Chapter One" -- 9/14/16

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-16, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: American Horror Story: 6 (S6E01) -- "Chapter One" -- 9/14/16

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
There is still a lot of chatter that Peters is playing Manson. The mystery seems to be how they would tie it to a story about Roanoke.
It could still be true. But the rumors started because he has a Manson-like haircut for some other movie he's doing right now.
Old 09-18-16, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

I wonder if they would ever do multiple unrelated stories in the same season? IMO they basically already have. Aliens on Asylum. Bates on Coven. NPH on Freaks.
They did have a lot of people at the Murder House one. I don't really remember Bates on Coven. Can you refresh my memory. But NPH makes sense on Freaks because he loves magic and that sort of stuff.
Old 09-18-16, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jacob_b
They did have a lot of people at the Murder House one. I don't really remember Bates on Coven. Can you refresh my memory. But NPH makes sense on Freaks because he loves magic and that sort of stuff.
Don't forget, whatever last years title was? We had Coven + Murder House appearances.

And the Halloween serial killer special sure tied into Freak Show.

But I still maintain, the whole show was a TV show in a TV show - what this year will "unveil". I see no other way it ties the whole series together (this season) as Creators have maintained in interviews. And it works, with what we have seen thus far.

And Bates was the returned 18th-19th century slave driver in modern times, based on a historical figure.
Old 09-18-16, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coladar1
And Bates was the returned 18th-19th century slave driver in modern times, based on a historical figure.
Which barely tied into the Coven storyline since she got on the wrong side of Bassett's voodoo priestess by killing her man. But even that made more sense than the aliens in Asylum and NPH on Freaks.
Old 09-18-16, 02:13 PM

Which barely tied into the Coven storyline since she got on the wrong side of Bassett's voodoo priestess by killing her man. But even that made more sense than the aliens in Asylum and NPH on Freaks.
Yeah, aliens in Asylum was crazy to the max... but!!! Did that not fit the "theme"? Asylum = crazies. And having alien abductions is about as nutso as it gets.
Old 09-18-16, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Again, never have watched past seasons ... but from the little I know it have read, why is there any kind of need to tie them together? If I enjoyed this season I was going to go back and try to work my way through them. However needing to tie them together is the type of pretentious crap that would prevent me from doing so.

Am I right about my "Roanoke" theory? That was a wild guess.
Old 09-18-16, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Again, never have watched past seasons ... but from the little I know it have read, why is there any kind of need to tie them together? If I enjoyed this season I was going to go back and try to work my way through them. However needing to tie them together is the type of pretentious crap that would prevent me from doing so.

Am I right about my "Roanoke" theory? That was a wild guess.
But they already started with that - they've had sneak shots each season - *and we already had the Murder House nurses in this seasons reenactment!* Like I've said multiple times already, last year had Murder House, Coven, and Freak Show.

Why tie them together? Ask Ryan Murphy. But I say, why not if they can do it "right."

And yes, Its Roanoke - someone spoiled that on Twitter in July via costuming and whatnot. Whether Peters shows up as Manson, and we have a full blown time portal on our hands, who knows...
Old 09-19-16, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

If there is another damn time portal like we have had in a couple of horror movie series the last year or so I am cutting off all ties to horror until that shit ends...
Old 09-19-16, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I ended up watching the replay of this and I have to say that when I new what I was getting into, narrative wise, this played much better. I definitely enjoyed it more on my second viewing.
Old 10-03-17, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

I watched the first episode (Blu-ray) last night and, eh, don't like the format. Hard to really get into the flow.
Old 10-03-17, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Again, never have watched past seasons ... but from the little I know it have read, why is there any kind of need to tie them together?
Ryan Murphy explicitly stated that they would not be tied together. That changed somewhere around season 4 or 5, and they started linking things up in insignificant ways. Now he seems to be open to anything. The AHS shows really do anything they want. It's pointless to assume the story is headed in one direction.

The "-verse" thing is really hot right now. People love it. Remember back when we went crazy over Tarantino using that cigarette brand in multiple films? Now we have a -verse for twenty different franchises.