DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Fear the Walking Dead (S2E11) -- "Pablo and Jessica" -- 9/11/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/637303-fear-walking-dead-s2e11-pablo-jessica-9-11-16-a.html)

DJariya 09-11-16 02:09 PM

Fear the Walking Dead (S2E11) -- "Pablo and Jessica" -- 9/11/16

https://media.giphy.com/media/26uf7j...PNkY/giphy.gif

An all new episode of AMC's fan favorite original series "Fear the Walking Dead" airs Sunday, September 11th at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. On the fourth episode, "Pablo and Jessica," written by Kate Erickson and directed by Uta Briesewitz, Alicia and Madison work to unite two competing factions. Nick draws upon skills from his past to take on a new role at the colonia.

Episode 11 of 15

DeadLamb 09-12-16 10:55 AM

Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S2E11) -- "Pablo and Jessica" -- 9/11/16

Getting a real tired of zombie blood being the new deflector shield/tachyon particle/Hiro "Time Traveler" Nakamura get out of bad story telling jail for free card.

I get that you can't be too nitpicky when it comes to shows of this nature. Playing along with the dumb stuff they do is part of watching the show. Yet they are crutch'ing up on zombie blood and how it lets people move around freely a bit too much.

it's just lazy story writing being they use a bit of zombie blood on the face to duck out of big plot points or issues all the time. Then turn and avoid using it to like say clear out zombies, a time when you would clearly use it.

at least The Walking Dead fully committed to a level one would need to go with the zombie blood that maybe it's not something you fall back on the all the time. Fear the Walking Dead? It might as well be sun screen.

that said, I'll keep hate watching this show with the hope the characters I don't like fall victim to zombie nom nom nom.

Koby 09-12-16 04:17 PM

Yeah on TWD they pretty much cover themselves with blood n guts. On FTWD, Strand barely smeared a little blood on his face and was good to go. haha. Then jumping over counters, etc... basically not blending in at all and even slamming doors shut; the walkers still didn't react to anything. Even if the smell was covered, you'd think they would react to a door slamming at least as they've been shown to react to sound. But FTWD is one of those shows that you can't think very much else it just falls apart.

Tom Banjo 09-12-16 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Koby (Post 12897128)
Yeah on TWD they pretty much cover themselves with blood n guts. On FTWD, Strand barely smeared a little blood on his face and was good to go. haha. Then jumping over counters, etc... basically not blending in at all and even slamming doors shut; the walkers still didn't react to anything. Even if the smell was covered, you'd think they would react to a door slamming at least as they've been shown to react to sound. But FTWD is one of those shows that you can't think very much else it just falls apart.

Not only that, but back in season 1 when they covered themselves in guts, the disguise was only temporary. The walkers started to detect them after a while despite the guts.

bunkaroo 09-12-16 10:18 PM

West Coast Zombies be lazy.

Cusm 09-14-16 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo (Post 12897423)
West Coast Zombies be lay-lay.

Fixed.

Koby 09-14-16 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo (Post 12897423)
West Coast Zombies be lazy.

But these are 'south of the border' zombies. =O

Deftones 09-14-16 04:54 PM

Not having the boat out in the water already was a lazy way to ramp up the tension.

hdnmickey 09-15-16 09:21 AM

I would have slapped myself if I had posted this during season one, but Nick and Alicia are getting me on board with the show. They have both vastly improved since season one. The rest however... less is more. -ohbfrank- Even Strand is is annoying lately. :(

Finisher 09-15-16 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey (Post 12899564)
I would have slapped myself if I had posted this during season one, but Nick and Alicia are getting me on board with the show. They have both vastly improved since season one. The rest however... less is more. -ohbfrank- Even Strand is is annoying lately. :(

Nick grows on you. The Emmy Rossum lookalike is nice to look at, so as long as her character's not doing insanely stupid shit she's tolerable. Everybody else should be killed.

This past episode felt more competently shot than others, maybe it was just me.

Meathead 09-22-16 10:06 AM

All I could think of while Madison was banging away to get the zombies to follow her... lol

https://66.media.tumblr.com/67fdf5d9...iueuo1_500.gif