Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fear the Walking Dead (S2E10) -- "Do Not Disturb" -- 9/4/16

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-16, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Fear the Walking Dead (S2E10) -- "Do Not Disturb" -- 9/4/16

As we embark on the second half of the second season of "Fear the Walking Dead," the Clark/Manawa, Salazar and Strand families fracture. The events that took place at the Abigail compound have set all of our heroes adrift. Now they must forge their own paths to survive. Alicia struggles with Madison's refusal to let Nick go, while Travis tries to protect Chris from the apocalyptic darkness that threatens to consume him. Strand is lost in grief, and the power of Daniel's dark past leaves Ofelia disillusioned about their survival and ability to rebuild new lives.

"Fear the Walking Dead" is executive produced by showrunner Dave Erickson, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and David Alpert and stars Kim Dickens as Madison, Cliff Curtis as Travis, Frank Dillane as Nick, Alycia Debnam-Carey as Alicia, , Mercedes Mason as Ofelia, Lorenzo James Henrie as Chris, Colman Domingo as Strand and Danay Garcia as Luciana.

Episode 10 of 15
Old 09-05-16, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S2E10) -- "Do Not Disturb" -- 9/4/16

I liked the stuff with the wedding party, and I was happy we got a break from Nick and the Kool-Aid he's been drinking lately. We finally caught up with Travis and Chris, but they made Chris irredeemable when he committed cold blooded murder. Going forward, I'll be rooting for him to die. I hope Travis lets him go and starts looking for Madison. I wish we had seen how Madison and Strand saved themselves after they were surrounded at the bar last week, and I'd really like to know what happened to Ofelia.
Old 09-05-16, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk God

The wedding party opening was interesting. I was almost expecting the Dad to turn and chew off his daughter's lips after giving him CPR. Nice to see Brenda Strong guest star as the mother from the wedding party. Surprised that she and the groom are still alive.

Yeah Chris is officially an irredeemable piece of shit after what he did. Hope he gets eaten or turned by the finale.

^^ In the teaser for next week, it looks like they will show how Strand and Madison got out of that mess.

Yeah what the hell happened to Ofelia? She just vanished.
Old 09-05-16, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
The wedding party opening was interesting. I was almost expecting the Dad to turn and chew off his daughter's lips after giving him CPR. Nice to see Brenda Strong guest star as the mother from the wedding party. Surprised that she and the groom are still alive.

Yeah Chris is officially an irredeemable piece of shit after what he did. Hope he gets eaten or turned by the finale.

^^ In the teaser for next week, it looks like they will show how Strand and Madison got out of that mess.

Yeah what the hell happened to Ofelia? She just vanished.
The dad DID turn and bit his daughter's cheek. Did you miss that part?
Old 09-05-16, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
The dad DID turn and bit his daughter's cheek. Did you miss that part?
I know. I saw he chewed off her cheek. Just saying I was almost expecting the other thing to happen instead when she was giving him CPR. That would have been a little more gruesome.
Old 09-05-16, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Did anyone hear where Chris Hardwick went for his honeymoon? I didn't catch it...
Old 09-05-16, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by windom
Did anyone hear where Chris Hardwick went for his honeymoon? I didn't catch it...
He went to Japan
Old 09-06-16, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Chris has always been a piece of shit. I've been hoping for him to die for as long as I can recall.

And his dad is an idiot. Hey, it's pitch black out, and since you don't know how to drive and we're in this unknown vehicle, why don't you give it a shot. What could go wrong? I know, nothing did go wrong, but it was incredibly stupid, anyway.
Old 09-06-16, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by andicus
Chris has always been a piece of shit. I've been hoping for him to die for as long as I can recall.
When I first read this, I thought you were talking about Chris Hardwick!

Sorry, that my sarcasm didn't come across in my question about his honeymoon...as he seemed to mention having just been in Japan every 5 minutes or so.
Old 09-06-16, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

^ No, he seems alright.
Old 09-06-16, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
A couple of months ago, I went to see Chris Hardwick perform his stand up act where I live on Long Island. I caught his comedy special on cable a few weeks prior and was expecting him to be pretty funny. The show went off on a tangent a minute or so into it & turned into a Q&A with the audience where he actually talked about his upcoming wedding for most of the night. I left there knowing what his wedding theme was going to be, where and when, where the honeymoon was going to be, how he proposed, etc. Needless to say my friend and I were pissed, but the audience was into it for some reason. I bitched about it on his facebook page the next day & he actually messaged me apologizing & offered me a refund, which I felt like a scumbag taking, so I didnt.
Old 09-06-16, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276
A couple of months ago, I went to see Chris Hardwick perform his stand up act where I live on Long Island. I caught his comedy special on cable a few weeks prior and was expecting him to be pretty funny. The show went off on a tangent a minute or so into it & turned into a Q&A with the audience where he actually talked about his upcoming wedding for most of the night. I left there knowing what his wedding theme was going to be, where and when, where the honeymoon was going to be, how he proposed, etc. Needless to say my friend and I were pissed, but the audience was into it for some reason. I bitched about it on his facebook page the next day & he actually messaged me apologizing & offered me a refund, which I felt like a scumbag taking, so I didnt.
He seems like a nice enough guy - just not very funny. Also not sure why he keeps getting hosting gigs.
Old 09-06-16, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, he has been mentioning his wedding for awhile on @midnight and it's been bad enough, but now it's been a running topic on the last few Talking Deads. We get it, Chris...you're a nerd who can finally tell the world that you've lost your virginity.
Old 09-06-16, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,888 Posts

I hope at least got to lay some pipe down Jenny McCarthy back in the day.

Old 09-06-16, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
He seems like a nice enough guy - just not very funny. Also not sure why he keeps getting hosting gigs.
I think he's pretty funny which is why I went to see him in the first place but he was wayyy too happy about getting married for a dude.
Old 09-06-16, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I got to see him flash his wedding ring again on @midnight tonight and show some pictures from Japan. I've never seen a dude so into showing off his wedding ring.
Old 09-08-16, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty good episode. And given all the talk about the balconies jumping walkers, I liked that they showed many of them either splatted below, or so broken up they were not able to walk. So the issue is there just should have been more.

If I was Curtis I would be worried he was going off me next. Either get with the program or leave them behind.
Old 09-08-16, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
If you're not sure why he gets these gigs, just watch any of the other "After-Shows" on the various cable networks that are hosted by other people. He does a good job of navigating between keeping things light while occasionally hitting some serious notes.
Old 09-09-16, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,888 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
If you're not sure why he gets these gigs, just watch any of the other "After-Shows" on the various cable networks that are hosted by other people. He does a good job of navigating between keeping things light while occasionally hitting some serious notes.
Yeah, when you watch any other after show, you realize what a genius Hardwick is. The A&E ones (Sons of Anarchy, Bates Motel) are unwatchable, and After the Thrones on HBO was like watching college kids in a terrible youtube video regurgitating the plot for a half an hour.

The Scream aftershow could have been good, but it was all over the place.

That Hardwick can pull this off for an hour every week is astonishing.
Old 09-09-16, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eh, after shows in general are just a waste and cheap tactics to keep viewership. It's the "List of 5 things that can give you cancer; Number 3 will SHOCK YOU!" click bait for television.
Old 09-09-16, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but I always felt the quality of Talking Dead was directly related to the guests, not Hardwick himself. The better episodes have been because either the cast members, or special guests, had interesting things to say or were entertaining on their own. Hardwick repeating the same lines each episode, and believing he is funnier than he actually, is actually quite tiring. I either watch the whole episode because the guests are great or fast forward through all but the behind the scenes stuff and next episode preview.