DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Fear the Walking Dead (S2E09) -- "Los Muertes" -- 8/28/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/635684-fear-walking-dead-s2e09-los-muertes-8-28-16-a.html)

DJariya 08-28-16 08:43 PM

Fear the Walking Dead (S2E09) -- "Los Muertes" -- 8/28/16

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...72&oe=583F1E39

An all new episode of AMC's fan favorite original series "Fear the Walking Dead" airs Sunday, August 28th at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. In the second episode, "Los Muertes," written by Alan Page and directed by Deborah Chow, after the fall of the compound, Madison, Strand, and others forge a tenuous path forward. Meanwhile, Nick is recruited for a perilous assignment.

Episode 9 of 15

Bill Needle 08-28-16 10:20 PM

Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S2E09) -- "Los Muertes" -- 8/28/16

The incomprehensibly careless stupidity of the characters continues to be an immense distraction.

Zombies stage diving off balconies was a highlight.

DeadLamb 08-29-16 05:00 AM

I kind of enjoy semi-hate watching this show now. It's like it's hung around enough that it's grown on me in a warped sort of way. Sort of like that George Costanza's plan to get women, just keep hanging around.

kind of sucks that is seems the cool ship fell victim to budget cuts. I don't even know where to go when it comes to talking about this show. Being it really seems that the bulk of the set ups are just due to chunky writing.

like you can take all that fits in the cart so just throw a light item on top but nope, that would not work for the story so make do something else. Long rant about getting fallowed, yet nothing about avoiding it etc. It's just, strange.

Finisher 08-29-16 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by DeadLamb (Post 12884772)
I kind of enjoy semi-hate watching this show now.

That's where I'm at. Show is a piece of shit, it's not going to improve .. but I'm sort of OK with it. I'm not watching much at the moment, so hate watching this POS doesn't really bother me.

zoomgirl 08-29-16 11:20 AM

When they realized they no longer had a boat, I realized I no longer give a shit about this show. I am dropping it. Maybe I will binge it when it has finished airing...but that is a HUGE IF.
I am actually rooting for the Zombies to eat them all.

Bill Needle 08-29-16 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by zoomgirl (Post 12884923)
I am actually rooting for the Zombies to eat them all.

When the obnoxiously angsty daughter was looking for Ofelia and the zombie flew past the window for a moment I thought "Yes!" before I realized it wasn't Ofelia.

gmanca 08-29-16 12:36 PM

I bailed, this show took just a bit of the conceit of the original but has all of the stupidity and then some.

This probably ends next season.

Joe Schmoe 08-29-16 01:22 PM

I liked a bit more than last week's episode, but that's not saying much. The only interesting part was the pharmacist saying he survived a zombie bite. He's probably lying, but it would be great if it's true and led to a cure/vaccine that had an impact on the other show.

Josh-da-man 08-29-16 04:54 PM

I'm thinking Alex has the Abigail.

Jackskeleton 08-29-16 05:59 PM

I'm not sure there's actually a cure of vaccine to getting mauled by a group of zombies. Or, you know, you don't actually need a cure or vaccine for, you know, just dying.

Joe Schmoe 08-29-16 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton (Post 12885268)
I'm not sure there's actually a cure of vaccine to getting mauled by a group of zombies. Or, you know, you don't actually need a cure or vaccine for, you know, just dying.

There's probably no hope for turning zombies back to their old selves, but maybe a vaccine would prevent the survivors from turning if they were to get bit.

mnementh 08-29-16 08:48 PM

I wonder if the pharmacist will change like the guy on Z Nation.

VinVega 08-31-16 10:43 PM

I noticed they revealed that Madison is from the south originally. It's going to be weird then they reveal she's Rick's sister or something.

Josh-da-man 09-01-16 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by VinVega (Post 12887039)
I noticed they revealed that Madison is from the south originally. It's going to be weird then they reveal she's Rick's sister or something.

Hm. That's interesting.

In the comics
Spoiler:
Rick had a younger brother named Jeffrey, who was in Europe when the outbreak happened. Kirkman has said that Jeffrey would never appear in the series, though his story was covered in a one-shot called "The Alien," that was written by Brian Vaughan.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Th...ead:_The_Alien

That might be another connection "Fear" has with the main series. Folks who are caught up with the comics should also pick up some similarities between Nick and... current happenings in the comics. The tv series hasn't gotten this far yet, so tv viewers won't pick up on anything yet wrt Nick.

DJariya 09-01-16 05:53 AM

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/...ad-character-/

A write up on that theory that Madison could be related to a past or present Walking Dead character.

hdnmickey 09-01-16 08:38 AM

Would be a better fit if Madison was related to Andrea.

I fully expect the boat to show back up. One of the other characters we have seen probably took off with it for now.

It would be great if the pharmacist was telling the truth, and we would get a new major story line, but he's probably full of it.

I wanted to like the shots of the zombies falling off the balconies, but their getting back up and walking like nothing happened ruined what could have been an interesting new twist on walker movements.

andicus 09-01-16 11:10 AM

Regardless of their getting back up, it was still cool!

"They're hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!"

dex14 09-01-16 12:40 PM

I am so completely uncompelled to watch the two that have aired so far.

VinVega 09-02-16 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by andicus (Post 12887307)
Regardless of their getting back up, it was still cool!

"They're hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!"

In the episode when Daryl and Carol fell off the bridge in the van in Atl, the zombies splattered when they hit the ground. Now they can fall from a higher distance and be perfectly fine. I know, I know...just roll with it. ;)

mnementh 09-02-16 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by VinVega (Post 12887979)
In the episode when Daryl and Carol fell off the bridge in the van in Atl, the zombies splattered when they hit the ground. Now they can fall from a higher distance and be perfectly fine. I know, I know...just roll with it. ;)

These zombies are fresher.

I wonder if the hotel guests got bitten then locked themselves in their rooms or if they starved to death watching pay-per-view.

Josh-da-man 09-02-16 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by VinVega (Post 12887979)

Originally Posted by mnementh (Post 12887982)
These zombies are fresher.

I wonder if the hotel guests got bitten then locked themselves in their rooms or if they starved to death watching pay-per-view.

Hrm. Forgot about Caryl and Darol.

I was wondering about those falling zombies. I should think that the fall would either damage the head and brain if it was a head-first or parallel fall, or if they fell legs-first it would shatter the leg bones leaving them unable to walk.

hdnmickey 09-02-16 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 12887996)
Hrm. Forgot about Caryl and Darol.

I was wondering about those falling zombies. I should think that the fall would either damage the head and brain if it was a head-first or parallel fall, or if they fell legs-first it would shatter the leg bones leaving them unable to walk.

Point being no way they come out of it like nothing happened. Even if they don't explode into bits because they're "fresher", the is the issue that even most fully healthy bones don't take those falls without breaking up. I think it would have been great to see some disgustingly broken up walkers, moving as a group, in some really twisted ways. But instead we got more of the same despite the big fall build up to the scene.

mnementh 09-03-16 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey (Post 12888010)
Point being no way they come out of it like nothing happened. Even if they don't explode into bits because they're "fresher", the is the issue that even most fully healthy bones don't take those falls without breaking up.

In a previous Walking Dead thread, I pointed out that Shane snapped Randall's neck but zombie Randall was able to walk. Zombies don't care about injury. ;-)

Josh-da-man 09-03-16 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by mnementh (Post 12888699)
In a previous Walking Dead thread, I pointed out that Shane snapped Randall's neck but zombie Randall was able to walk. Zombies don't care about injury. ;-)

Depends if they actually use their nervous system, or if they move or animated some other way. The brain seems to be vital to their function. Wonder if the brains ever rot to the point the zombie "dies." Presumably their hearts don't beat, so they don't need a circulatory system, so the nervous system may be unnecessary, too.

Shattered legbones, however, would be physically impossible to walk on.

(Of course, nobody ever brings up the fact that zombies violate the second law of thermodynamics.)

Jackskeleton 09-03-16 01:35 PM

Not caring about injury and having an injury literal shatter the ability to do so, or cause head trauma that would, as the past, shown, to disable the zombie, should have been reason enough that a majority of those zombies were just not able to move.

Then again, there was the stupid rock area that the group unleashed the zombies of on themselves in Alexandria that had zombies falling off the cliff on to dirt and being a-okay down there.