Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Great Food Truck Race Season 7 (Food Network, premieres 8/28/16)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 08-28-16, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Families Hit the Road for a Face-Off on Season 7 of The Great Food Truck Race

This summer The Great Food Truck Race returns for a new season, premiering Sunday, Aug. 28 at 9|8c. But this time things are a little bit different: Six teams of families have taken up the fight for the $50,000 grand prize as host Tyler Florence springs difficult challenges their way. None of the family members have ever operated a food truck business before, so they’re in for the ride of their lives, with some family drama along the way. The Great Food Truck Race: Family Face-Off kicks off in Los Angeles and follows a scenic route down the California coast, finishing on Catalina Island, where the best food trucking family will ride off into the sunset with the grand prize.

This Season’s Competitors
BigMista’s Fatty Wagon (Neil Strawder, Phillis Strawder, Eric Lara) — Long Beach, Calif.
Carretto Siciliano (Vinny Guadagnino, Paola Guadagnino, Angelo Giaimo) — Staten Island, N.Y.
Fortune Cooking (Tom Lin, Julie Hill-Lin, Tiffany Webster) — Livonia, Mich., and Denver
Grilled Cheese All-Stars (Michael Kalish, Charlie Kalish, Bryce Adams) – San Francisco and San Diego
Lei-Away Leidies (Carey Ofahengaue, Summer Prescott, Autumn Prescott) – Provo, Utah, and Laie, Hawaii
Sweet Southern Soul (Tiffany Ermon, Tikia Travis, Kizzma Snoddy) — Chicago and Atlanta

In Los Angeles, Tyler welcomes the six family teams to the race, but before anyone can even see their brand-new trucks, they’re in for a challenge. The teams must complete a funnel cake-eating contest to find the keys to their trucks. Later in the day, Tyler offers up a prime location to the trucks for a pretty price — the highest bidder gets the spot. By the end, the team with the least amount of profits will be sent home.

Upcoming stops include Ventura County, for a strawberry festival; Santa Barbara, where there will be an ostrich egg hunt; Palm Springs, for a roadside attraction challenge; and the finale on Catalina Island, where Tyler will award the winning family team.
Old 08-29-16, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: The Great Food Truck Race Season 7 (Food Network, premieres 8/28/16)

Only starting with 6 teams seems like it will be a short season.

Week 1 and it seemed none of them really did any good. I can't believe the Italian team won with a $400 setback and a parking ticket. I'm rooting against them just because it's another reality star trying to find another 15 seconds of fame.

I wanted to root for the grilled cheese guys, but when you are just cranking out store-bought bread and cheese for $5 a pop ... Well that's just lame. There is a trend of "gourmet grilled cheese" but it seemed these schmucks aren't part of it.

The barbecue family seems like one I can root for, even though they thought selling grits in California was a good idea. The whole "barbecue son" thing was cute.

Last edited by Abob Teff; 08-29-16 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-29-16, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It probably is a short season. It already seems like it's starting a couple weeks later--it used to premiere right after the finale of Food Network Star.

Those were some bad totals. Three of the trucks would've done better to just stuff their seed money in the till and not cook anything at all.
Old 08-29-16, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reminder, was able to tune in from the start, looks like a short and sweet season!
Old 10-01-16, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Just watched the final two episodes, and it was a very quick season, with nothing too interesting, no real villains, and all in California. That one guy could play up his Z-list reality-star status was annoying, and not really fair, but whatever.

I wonder if they'll stick with this format or if it's the beginning of the end.
Old 10-01-16, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i didn't think it was worth having the shorter season at all
Old 10-03-16, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very disappointing season, no traveling across the country, and was tired of Vinny and his D list status after the first episode. I'm happy the team won that did though at least.