TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ray Donovan (S4E10) -- "Lake Hollywood" -- 8/28/16

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-16, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Ray Donovan (S4E10) -- "Lake Hollywood" -- 8/28/16

First Aired: August 28, 2016
Facing a crisis involving one of their own, Ray and the team figure a way to use Kovitzsky-gallery art as leverage. Meanwhile, a distraught Hector calls for Ray's help after his wife decides to move away with their daughter in an effort to get away from the incest scandal.

Episode 10 of 12
Old 08-29-16, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts
Re: Ray Donovan (S4E10) -- "Lake Hollywood" -- 8/28/16

Didn't Hector just recently lose a fight maybe about a month ago in the timeline? And now he has another fight in a month? Isn't a 2 month span between fights a little too quick - especially for an established boxer like Hector's supposed to be?

I didn't quite understand the ending. Is Ray going to work for the Russians now as a way of paying back, or does he have something else up his sleeve?
Old 08-30-16, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
Didn't Hector just recently lose a fight maybe about a month ago in the timeline? And now he has another fight in a month? Isn't a 2 month span between fights a little too quick - especially for an established boxer like Hector's supposed to be?

I didn't quite understand the ending. Is Ray going to work for the Russians now as a way of paying back, or does he have something else up his sleeve?
Hector said he'd give Ray whatever he wanted if he took care of the sister situation. My take is Ray going to give the money he gets from Hector to the Russian mob, since he did end up helping dispose of Lisa Bonet.
Old 08-31-16, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts

There is no way the Russian "situation" is going to get resolved by paying them off. He tried that once and it didn't go very far. Also, Sonia Kovitzky already warned Ray that he would be better off running rather than trying to negotiate with her mob uncle. So all of it is gonna come to a head by the end of season.
Old 08-31-16, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~
There is no way the Russian "situation" is going to get resolved by paying them off. He tried that once and it didn't go very far. Also, Sonia Kovitzky already warned Ray that he would be better off running rather than trying to negotiate with her mob uncle. So all of it is gonna come to a head by the end of season.
That's what I was thinking. It seemed to have gone beyond a money thing... which is why I thought that maybe Ray would work for them as it may have been the only thing to satisfy them... if not that, then something else that doesn't involve money (at least directly).

Really curious to see what happens.