Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-19, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Rumor Tom Ellis was seen on set

https://comicbook.com/2019/10/12/tom...te-earths-set/
Old 10-12-19, 05:20 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Re: The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Rumor, Kitchen Sink was seen on set.
Old 10-12-19, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 867 Likes on 391 Posts

I hope the Wonder Twins show up!

But seriously, most of you (if not all) are probably against this, but I wouldn't mind a cartoon version of a hero showing up. Kind of like a Spider-verse thing.
Old 10-12-19, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk God

The Tom Ellis thing is highly suspect. It doesn't come from any legitimate news source just someone's Twitter feed.
Old 10-12-19, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 111 Posts

The Tom Ellis thing is popping up everywhere now. Not sure if they're basing it off of that one report or not, but wow if true. It does make sense that Lucifer and Constantine might have a scene together.
Old 10-13-19, 06:33 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
Guess where this bullshit rumor started? WeGotThisCovered and HeroicHollywood, the biggest peddler of fake bullshit news related to comic books. Fuck both of those sites
Now they are reporting:
Justin Hartley and Robert Wuhl are joining the Arrowverse event. Hartley will be reprising his role as Oliver Queen and the Green Arrow from Smallville, while, even more intriguingly, Wuhl will be returning as Alexander Knox from Tim Burton’s Batman.

Old 10-13-19, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess the Knox thing would go along with the newspaper picture floating around...and I guess that's probably all they were going to get from that movie. Nicholson, Basinger, and Keaton probably wouldn't do it, but I do like them connecting the universes. They still need Lynda Carter, someone from Gotham, Teri Hatcher and/or Dean Cain, Helen Slater as Supergirl, maybe a cameo from Preacher, and maybe something from the DC Universe shows/Pennyworth. Oh, and Powerless, even though no one besides hardcore fans remember that show.

EDIT: Grain of salt, but now there's a rumor that the DC Universe Titans will cameo...
Titans Characters in Crisis on Infinite Earths

Last edited by MysterioMan007; 10-13-19 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-13-19, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk God

The crossover airs in about 2 months. I highly doubt they are still casting and adding anymore characters.
Old 10-14-19, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

If Michael Keaton or Michelle Pfieffer called up I think they'd figure something out.

But yeah, on the whole they're already filming. I doubt they just shoehorn in another whole cast. Also, I thought the Titans were already rumored?
Old 10-14-19, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
is there any explanation as to why all the supermen look different? they are all supposed to be the same guy, right?
Think of it this way...It's the Multiverse. Literally limitless variations of characters on these Earths:

-No Superman on one
-Black Superman on one
-Female "Superman" on one
-Russian Superman on one
-Evil Superman on one
-Man of Steel Superman on one
-Reeve Superman on one
-50's Reeves Superman on one
-etc. limited only by imagination and limitations set by the company. ie Boiling the limitless Multiverse down to 52 Earths...

Alternative versions of Superman

In my opinion putting everything about DC in the context of a Multiverse makes thing so much easier.
Old 10-14-19, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
If Michael Keaton or Michelle Pfieffer called up I think they'd figure something out.

But yeah, on the whole they're already filming. I doubt they just shoehorn in another whole cast. Also, I thought the Titans were already rumored?
It's a cameo. It could be like 5 seconds of screentime. It could be as simple as Flash seeing them as he's running through some multivereses. They were rumored, then debunked, and now rumored for a CAMEO.
Old 10-14-19, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

They wanted Michael Keaton for the crossover and he was willing to do it - the rumor is that WB nixed his appearance.
Old 10-14-19, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Again, such a headscratcher. What's the worst that could happen? They sell more Batman & Batman Returns DVDs/Digital copies to younger viewers who want to check it out? Would that be so terrible?
Old 10-14-19, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I saw a post on Reddit from someone that has a history of accurately confirming or denying rumors, and seems legit. He’s been 100% correct on episode titles for Titans most recently. According to him,
Spoiler:
the rumors of Titans and Hartley cameos are not true. The Tom Ellis rumor is true, and is actually more than just a cameo.
Old 10-17-19, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Stephan Lobo been cast as The Spectre.

https://www.cbr.com/crisis-on-infini...-stephen-lobo/

Old 10-18-19, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk God

https://www.etonline.com/lucifer-sta...over-exclusive

Tom Ellis denies he's in the crossover. He says he was just in Vancouver to visit a friend.
Old 10-19-19, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

There are rumors that the Stargirl DC Universe show may be moved to CW.
Old 10-19-19, 12:23 PM
Banned

DCU is on its way out anyways. Titans is the best DC show and I can see that moving to CW's upcoming streaming service, HBO Max or somewhere else.

After this season I'm not big on the remaining CW DC content, the decline in quality over the past 2 seasons has been rapid.
Old 10-19-19, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Deftones
There are rumors that the Stargirl DC Universe show may be moved to CW.
That Stargirl rumor was from one of the guys from Collider. He highly emphasized it was a rumor. It was later debunked by a StarGirl fan site who checked with Warner Bros.
Old 10-19-19, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Eric F
DCU is on its way out anyways. Titans is the best DC show and I can see that moving to CW's upcoming streaming service, HBO Max or somewhere else.

After this season I'm not big on the remaining CW DC content, the decline in quality over the past 2 seasons has been rapid.
Yes we get it. You think the Arrowverse sucks and you want to bail badly.
Old 10-19-19, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Yes we get it. You think the Arrowverse sucks and you want to bail badly.
He might be right? I only watch Arrow and Flash. With Arrow ending, I just got Flash. Batwhatever looks awful. I think Legends is interesting, but I'm more into the characters interacting with Flash and Arrow than off on their own. Be interesting to see ratings for these shows in another 2-3 years.
Old 10-19-19, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk God

DC is still a strong IP for The CW.

Batwoman has a big streaming deal with HBO Max. The CW is not cancelling it. It will likely get a full season even though the ratings aren't that great and it's getting torn up by these "Comic experts".

I think The Flash has 2 more years left in it's lifespan. Supergirl likely 2-3 more years. Legends has maybe 1 more year left. Black Lightning is still early in it's run so it's unknown right now.
Old 10-19-19, 01:32 PM
Banned

Doesn't mean the shows are good- the quality of the shows just aren't what they were.

It seems more that CW is just looking for content to put on its streaming services rather than quality- sort of like Netflix.

I would love a supernatural show set in the DCU. Unfortunately Swamp Thing was cancelled straight out and it was pretty good. A Zatanna based show would be a nice fit for the CW.
Old 10-19-19, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Eric F
Doesn't mean the shows are good- the quality of the shows just aren't what they were.

It seems more that CW is just looking for content to put on its streaming services rather than quality- sort of like Netflix.

I would love a supernatural show set in the DCU. Unfortunately Swamp Thing was cancelled straight out and it was pretty good. A Zatanna based show would be a nice fit for the CW.
The CW doesn't have a streaming service. It's only their free in-season ad supported app.

Once the season ends, their content goes to Netflix, HBO Max and CBS All-Access. The Arrowverse shows and stuff prior to 2019 are all contracted on Netflix and will stay there until they officially stop airing for good.
Old 10-19-19, 06:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJariya
The CW doesn't have a streaming service. It's only their free in-season ad supported app.

Once the season ends, their content goes to Netflix, HBO Max and CBS All-Access. The Arrowverse shows and stuff prior to 2019 are all contracted on Netflix and will stay there until they officially stop airing for good.
I'm not sure what your point is here- CW is a Warner owned property, same as HBO Max- where much of their content will eventually end up.

In any event they're looking for content right now, and I doubt very much they care the quality of the end product- just the quantity. The DC shows are still relatively popular and fill a big niche. We've discussed in the past about how the quality of the shows have declined in the past few years, as if the writing staff is being spread too thin.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.