Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-19, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
Re: The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Originally Posted by Eric F

Called it (again)!

So it looks like the show will make it up to the crossover where Oliver will kick the bucket (as per his agreement with The Monitor for sparing Kara and Barry).
I keep hearing that Kara meets her maker in Crisis and the Supergirl show ends, possibly leading into a different series like Superman, or much more likely, The Legion of Super-Heroes.

Old 03-07-19, 05:35 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Re: The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I keep hearing that Kara meets her maker in Crisis and the Supergirl show ends, possibly leading into a different series like Superman, or much more likely, The Legion of Super-Heroes.
Yuck.
Old 03-08-19, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,131 Posts

I'd watch it but yeah, I'm not a LoSH fan. Well, the cartoon was good.
Old 03-09-19, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 111 Posts

IMO, Arrow should have ended a long time ago. I haven't really enjoyed since Season 2, but I try to stay with things until the end. Still enjoy the Flash. Supergirl, I am not a huge fan of, but like Arrow, watch out of habit, loyalty, or stupidity...whichever you perfer. I don't think they can pul off Crisis on a TV format, especially if all we see is Arrowverse worlds. If it doesn't involve the other properties over the years, it's already failed, IMO. Secretly hoping that Amell meeting with Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum earlier this year was trying to include Smallville somehow in this storyline. But, I honestly think this story would be better pulled off on the big screen as long as Zack Snyder is kept far away from it.
Old 03-09-19, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think the CW is begging Welling and Rosenbaum to make an appearance in Crisis. Dean Cain is more or less confirmed to be in Crisis as one version of Superman.
Old 03-09-19, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Dean Cain would be fun, but Welling and Rosenbaum would be epic.
Old 03-09-19, 06:19 PM
Banned

I think the CW is begging Welling and Rosenbaum to make an appearance in Crisis. Dean Cain is more or less confirmed to be in Crisis as one version of Superman.
Dean Cain is already on Supergirl.
Old 03-10-19, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Dean Cain is already on Supergirl.
But not as an older version of Superman from Lois & Clark...
Old 03-10-19, 05:05 PM
Banned

But not as an older version of Superman from Lois & Clark...
I get that. What I meant was it wasn't a stretch for the CW to get Cain to appear as Superman when he's already in the series.

Old 03-10-19, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 111 Posts

I get that. What I meant was it wasn't a stretch for the CW to get Cain to appear as Superman when he's already in the series.
John Wesley Shipp played the 90's Barry Allen Flash from the old TV show and he plays Jay Garrick in another dimension and Henry Allen in their present dimension, so it's not unheard of. They could do the same with Helen Slater as older Supergirl from the 80's movie if for some reason they needed to...

Old 03-30-19, 02:44 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Whoa -
Emily Bett Rickards Announces Arrow Exit Ahead of Final Season
https://tvline.com/2019/03/30/arrow-...0h0Cz-t9TyXvYw
Old 03-30-19, 05:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dex14
Whoa -
So almost all of season 10 will be set in 2040 Star City. Eh.
Old 03-30-19, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts

Counting Felicity's wardrobe changes is one of my favorite things to do during Arrow. Now what?
Old 03-30-19, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 960 Likes on 667 Posts

So almost all of season 10 will be set in 2040 Star City. Eh.
Boo. That sucks. Seems like they wrapped up that storyline pretty nicely with the latest episode. Maybe they actually will kill off Oliver?
Old 03-30-19, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 960 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Whoa -

Wow that really sucks? After all this she couldn't stick around for 10 episodes? Or even a few? I wonder what's behind that?
Old 03-30-19, 10:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tanman
Boo. That sucks. Seems like they wrapped up that storyline pretty nicely with the latest episode. Maybe they actually will kill off Oliver?
Just conjecture on my part. Without Felicity I can't see them doing much with the current timeline.
Old 03-31-19, 08:41 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

yeah, kind of shitty she can't suck it up to finish it out properly.
Old 03-31-19, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

This is a little strange. Maybe she was surprised by the renewal for season eight.
If the rumors of Carlos Valdes leaving The Flash are true The CW loses its too biggest nerds.
Old 03-31-19, 02:13 PM
Banned

Could be why they brought back that other girl hacker on Arrow to take Felicity's place.
Old 03-31-19, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Arrow would have been better off as a show if Felicity had left three seasons ago. The show's inner dynamics didn't work nearly as well when she was pushed up to co-lead with Amell.

Since this thread got bumped, I'll pass along a very interesting rumor I heard. The CW wants Legacies to possibly crossover with one of the Arrowverse shows next season. Legacies is the teen vampire/werewolf/witch show loosely connected to the Vampire Diaries and The Originals. Supposedly Legacies would crossover with Legends of Tomorrow next season.

For the two people watching Legacies on this thread, it's been hard to miss all the DC references they've been dropping the past few episodes. Now you know the reason why.
Old 03-31-19, 05:39 PM
Banned

If I have to watch one episode of Legacies it won't kill me. I'm probably going to drop Legends (if it doesn't end before then). Frankly I'm getting tired of all the CW DC shows- even Black Lightning isn't all that good anymore.
Old 03-31-19, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Deadline said that Emily's contract was up after the usual 7 year talent deal and she decided not to renew. Kind of sucks that she couldn't stick it out to finish the series. Unless she's trying to bail now and latch on to a Pilot or something.

They usually start shooting Arrow in late summer. They would probably wrap the series by November or December.
Old 03-31-19, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Arrow would have been better off as a show if Felicity had left three seasons ago. The show's inner dynamics didn't work nearly as well when she was pushed up to co-lead with Amell.

Since this thread got bumped, I'll pass along a very interesting rumor I heard. The CW wants Legacies to possibly crossover with one of the Arrowverse shows next season. Legacies is the teen vampire/werewolf/witch show loosely connected to the Vampire Diaries and The Originals. Supposedly Legacies would crossover with Legends of Tomorrow next season.

For the two people watching Legacies on this thread, it's been hard to miss all the DC references they've been dropping the past few episodes. Now you know the reason why.
I hope not. Legacies is more enjoyable than any of the current DC shows except Legends. And it’s more than loosely connected to Vampire Diaries and the Originals. It’s a direct spin off with deep ties to both.
Old 04-04-19, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Anyone hearing the they want to crossover some DC Universe shows with CW CRISIS?
Old 04-04-19, 12:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Anyone hearing the they want to crossover some DC Universe shows with CW CRISIS?
I wouldn't put it past them. Some of the crossover episodes could be on DC U as a way to promote it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.