Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Old 11-12-14, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Arrow -- Season 3 News, Rumors, Spoilers, Castings

Will they hire Caity Lotz to be the stunt double? Because no way Katie Cassidy is believable doing action moves. She is only slightly better than Willa "Don't call me Sarah Michelle Gellar" Holland at the fighting scenes.
Old 11-12-14, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Unclejosh View Post
Will they hire Caity Lotz to be the stunt double? Because no way Katie Cassidy is believable doing action moves. She is only slightly better than Willa "Don't call me Sarah Michelle Gellar" Holland at the fighting scenes.
.... or just use the stunt double that was used for most of the action shot when Caity Lotz was Canary...
Old 11-12-14, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

or that
Old 11-12-14, 05:17 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

god dammit, no. they killed off the wrong sister.
Old 11-12-14, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

*sigh* That picture is like having Harrison Ford as Han Solo, killing him, and then having Gunther from Friends wear his costume.
Old 11-12-14, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Man this sucks.
Old 11-12-14, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I still miss Caity Lotz, but I think she looks pretty good.

Not "Thea's midriff" good, but not as bad as I was fearing.
Old 12-18-14, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Marc Singer has landed a recurring role on The CW's television series "Arrow."

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the 66-year-old actor will appear on 14 episodes of the current season of the show, which will air weeks after it returns from its winter hiatus on January 21. Singer will portray General Matthew Shrieve on the show, the only fully human member of the Creature Commandos, in DC Comics and his character will play a "significant" role in the series' flashback storyline. The actor is best known for playing Dar in the "Beastmaster" film series.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/m...ow-1041283.php
Old 12-18-14, 10:23 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Bailey Quarters was Felicity Smoak decades ago.
Old 12-19-14, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
I like it. But then I was never a part of the Caity Lotz lovefest.

I just hope they get her a good fight double and that we never again see fight choreography as lame as the Ollie vs. Ra's fight.
Old 07-12-15, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Arrow (The CW) -- Season 4 News

Ollie's new costume for season 4

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/...s-damien-darhk

Neal McDonough was cast as Damien Darhk

Old 07-12-15, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Arrow (The CW) -- Season 4 News

The cast at Comic Con

Old 07-12-15, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

http://deadline.com/2015/07/legends-...on-1201474659/

At Warner Bros. DC Entetainment Comic-Con block tonight, executive producer Marc Guggenheim announced that the initial episodes of Arrow and The Flash will set the groundwork for midseason series DCís Legends of Tomorrow. In addition, Hawkman will be added as a new character to the show.

John Diggle's reported new costume

Last edited by DJariya; 07-12-15 at 02:24 AM.
Old 07-12-15, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Flash (The CW) Season 2 News

Casting news along with some plot information: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/378...from-comic-con

One interesting moment of the first season finale of The CW's "The Flash" saw a tip of that hat to the original golden age incarnation of the scarlet speedster - Jay Garrick. It was a literal one too as the character's iconic helmet came through a time vortex and landed in our universe.

Speaking at a DC Entertainment panel earlier this week (via CS), executive producer Geoff Johns confirmed that the moment wasn't just a cute reference: "That's not an Easter egg, that's a story point. We're going to see Jay."

Well it seems the promise has been made good with today's Comic Con panel for the show announcing that Teddy Sears ("Masters of Sex") has been cast as Garrick. In the show, Jay is a strange figure who arrives in Central City to warn Barry of an impending danger that he alone can't hope to stop.

Executive producer Andrew Kreisberg says: "Having Jay Garrick come onto the show was one of our earliest ideas. It is so exciting, as we rush into season two, that we finally get to bring the Crimson Comet to life. We couldn't imagine anyone more suited to play the original Flash than Teddy."

That isn't the only casting news related to the show today though as Shantel VanSanten ("The Messengers") has been set for the role of Patty Spivot, a cop and science enthusiast who serves as Detective Joe West's partner. She obsessed with metahumans, and has no idea that her new crush Barry is The Flash.

In interviews following the panel, star Grant Gustin revealed that Barry will show off a new power involving lightning in the second episode. Producers have already confirmed that we will be seeing more of the multiverse in the second season, and many have speculated that this is how we'll likely get the return of Dr. Wells (Tom Cavanagh) to the show along with an appearance by other Flashes.

Gustin confirms that news, telling Cinema Blend: "Wells and Barry won't be interacting at all, right out of the gate. Wells is on the show, but we're introducing the multiverse concept so that's why he still exists somewhere."

On top of that it has been confirmed that the Wally West version of The Flash is coming to the new season, but the role has not been cast yet.

Also confirmed is that Zoom will serve as the primary villain in the new episodes. In the comics Zoom can alter and manipulate his personal timeline - making him seemingly impossible to stop. The new season kicks off on October 6th.
Old 07-12-15, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Flash (The CW) Season 2 News

I have a bad feeling that they are going to use the New 52 Wally West...
Old 07-12-15, 10:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
I have a bad feeling that they are going to use the New 52 Wally West...
That's been a given ever since Joe and Iris were first cast as black.
Old 07-12-15, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Silly me! Forgot Wally was Iris nephew. Then I think they'll probably be making him younger in an Impulse kind of role.
Old 07-12-15, 11:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
Silly me! Forgot Wally was Iris nephew. Then I think they'll probably be making him younger in an Impulse kind of role.
It makes sense. Wally was Barry's teen sidekick as Kid Flash long before Wally became the second adult Flash. (Third if you count Jay.) On Arrow, Oliver has his sidekick with Roy, and now Barry will get his sidekick too.
Old 07-12-15, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Oliver Queen is set to get a costume upgrade for the upcoming fourth season of "Arrow" with DC Entertainment and The CW releasing the first official photo of Stephen Amell decked out in his new gear which is more akin to Green Arrow's New 52 look.

A couple of new details about the fourth season have also cropped up from the Comic Con panel for the series over the weekend. Villains Mr. Terrific and Anarky will pop up during the year, with the former being portrayed as gay in this continuity and will work with Felicity Smoak.

John Diggle will also score a new costume which seems to be an all black number with a black bike helmet of sorts. Finally, it has been confirmed that the initial episodes of "Arrow" and "The Flash" this season will set the groundwork for "DC's Legends of Tomorrow," while Hawkman will be added as a new character to the show. The new season of "Arrow" kicks off in October.
Old 07-12-15, 12:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
John Diggle's reported new costume
About time Diggle got a costume. I always found it hilarious that Oliver, Roy, Sarah, and Laurel have costumes and masks to hide their identities, but Diggle never had anything at all.
Old 07-12-15, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk God

http://io9.com/arrow-season-4-will-f...-in-1717377942

Arrow has gotten pretty dark and insane the past couple years, with Oliver’s world being torn down again and again. But yesterday at Comic-Con, the cast and producers teased that Arrow season four will actually be brighter...and will feature magic.

There was an “orgy of plot twists” in season three, and season four will not be that crazy, said Guggenheim. “It’s a new beginning.” The producers also promised much more focus on Diggle and Felicity, as almost co-leads with Oliver.

Oliver won’t be looking back as much at his past mistakes, and instead will be moving forward, the producers added. They want to do much more “Oliver in a suit” stories—Oliver will go back to having a public persona, and will divide his time between being the Arrow and being Oliver much more this year. “We’re going to have a lot of fun with that,” said Producer Wendy Mericle. And we’ll be spending more time in Starling City again.

“One of the things we lost in half of season two and season three was the public persona of Oliver Queen,” said star Stephen Amell. “It’s really important that I get out there, doing things.” People who enjoy seeing Oliver’s civilian world “are going to be really excited.”

Added Amell, “Ever since Slade Wilson walked into the Queen mansion, Oliver has been up against it,” with the possible exception of the start of the season three opener. “That guy has been in dire straits. I think it was important to get through that, to get where we are now—but I also don’t think it would be interesting to go back there again, for the same reasons.”

Arrow being Arrow, he’ll still face dire circumstances, but “the way that Oliver deals with it is going to be different.” And of course, Oliver can’t be “The Arrow” any more, so he’s going to be a different sort of crime fighter.

But meanwhile, a big theme in season four is the existence of magic. This will change everything—and John Barrowman, who plays Malcolm Merlyn, says he’ll be at the center of that because he’s “Merlyn the Magician.”

“There’s a nice new element of magic and mysticism this year,” said Amell. And in typical Arrow fashion, this new element will also tie into Oliver’s flashback story. “When it appears on the scene, it is something he is afamiliar with from his time away.”

“I’ve read three episodes so far, and all of them seem bigger than our season finale last year. So we’re in for some long long days and nights,” said Amell.

One big question mark about Arrow season four is how they’ll handle the flashbacks, now that Oliver’s story is getting closer to his escape from the island. “We have a plan,” said Guggenheim, “but what we do with the flashbacks this year will really surprise people.” And he said they keep talking about their endgame with the flashbacks. He also said that we won’t see any non-Oliver flashbacks until episode eight this year, because they interrupted the Hong Kong storyline too early last year and it killed some of the momentum of that story.

And the producers said that unlike in previous seasons, we won’t wait until halfway through the year before really meeting this year’s big bad, Damien Darhk. He’ll be “right in center stage” as the season begins. They praised the casting of Neil McDonough as Damien, saying he can stand up there with Matt Nagle, John Barrowman and Manu Bennett. He’s already eating, breathing and sleeping Damien.

In addition to magic, Mericle said the show will be delving into the theme of “family,” including our main characters’ actual families as well as the found family of Team Arrow. They’ll ask, “What does it mean to be part of a family,” and how are chosen families different from birth families, said Mericle.

But where will the team hang their capes this season, as their new Arrow-Cave? “They’re working out of Big Belly Burger,” Guggenheim joked.

Arrow originally started out as a more “procedural” show, but “we moved away from that very quickly,” said Mericle. Instead, the rule is that “whatever Oliver’s going through emotionally is reflected in the action. That’s evolved, but stayed a constant.”

Barrowman said that the “earthquakey trust” between Oliver and Malcolm will continue, and Malcolm may take Team Arrow under the wing of the League of Assassins a bit. But when “push comes to shove,” Malcolm will sacrifice anybody to survive and get what he wants. Malcolm has a soft spot for Oliver, whom he’s always thought of as a son, and the rest of his crew—but “he’ll still kill them if he has to.”

Barrowman hopes we’ll see the dynamic between Malcolm and Nyssa develop, because it could be really interesting now that Malcolm is in charge of the League. Will she oppose him? Will she start to see him as a father figure? She’s obliged to respect him because of his position, Barrowman said.

Oliver’s relationships with Thea, Laurel and Felicity are all in really good places—but things with Diggle are “really bad,” said Amell. “There are certain lines that you can’t cross, and when you do, you can’t go back.” He really hopes the relationship between the two men can be repaired, but he likened it to a broken leg: You can mend a broken leg, but you’ll always have broken your leg.

Meanwhile, we’ll see the relationship between Oliver and Felicity develop, but not surprisingly, Oliver is still the more restless and angst-ridden of the two. At the same time, we’ll see Oliver “at peace,” in an emotional sense—and almost a physical sense. We’ll be able to see “Oliver removing some of what has happened to him over the past eight years,” in a very physical way, said Amell.

Emily Bett Rickards said Oliver and Felicity are give their relationship “a fair shot,” although there are complications, of course. “We do get to see them as a couple. I don’t know how long—maybe it lasts a year, maybe a couple of episodes.”

And just as Arrow introduced Barry Allen, the show will be starting to introduce some of the characters from the new spin-off show, Legends of Tomorrow.

Both Katie Cassidy and Willa Holland seemed excited to be putting on costumes and fighting crime, and a common theme in both of their interviews was that their characters went through a lot of turmoil and insanity, but it was worth it to turn them into superheroes. “Nobody wakes up one day and throws on a costume and says, ‘I’m going to fight crime,’” said Holland. “The characters have been done justice to and brought to the place where they are,” and she called it a kind of origin story.

Now that Thea has put on the red costume, Holland said, they are “pushing [the name] Speedy as hard as they can, she wants to call herself Red Arrow.” And Holland wants a cape.

And now, Thea has found a purpose, beyond just running a nightclub. She’s getting “an amazing amount of self-esteem” out of being a hero, said Holland.
Old 07-12-15, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't really like the idea of magic coming to Arrow.
Old 07-12-15, 07:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
I don't really like the idea of magic coming to Arrow.
Eh, season 1 was really the only season that was "grounded in reality." Season 2 had the mirakuru which was borderline magic. Plus, the whole connection to Flash as well. Sure it all has "sciency" explanations, but it's a thin line between this make-believe science and magic.
Old 07-12-15, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979 View Post
Eh, season 1 was really the only season that was "grounded in reality." Season 2 had the mirakuru which was borderline magic. Plus, the whole connection to Flash as well. Sure it all has "sciency" explanations, but it's a thin line between this make-believe science and magic.
I was fine with mirakuru till it started being mass-produced, but even then it felt more science than magic. As for Flash I wasn't big on him being in Arrow but I understood the want/need/desire to use the show to promote the other; plus I've always liked crossovers. It's just more so about the way magic tends to be used and overpowers everything like an easy trump card. I guess it'll be fine, I mean so far the 3 seasons we've got haven't been bad (even though I don't really care for 'the Atom'. Arrow is one of my favorite shows on air currently and I'm still excited to see them finally giving the name Green Arrow.
Old 07-12-15, 07:54 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Arrow needs some sort of superhero power. Like Wolverine's advanced healing.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.