The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-20, 11:27 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts
Re: The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

I hope we get to see him as a Lantern.
Old 12-02-20, 01:13 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Re: The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Originally Posted by dex14
I hope we get to see him as a Lantern.
That would be cool- I stopped watching after the last crossover where he finds the ring, so I suppose he hasn't made any appearances since then?
Old 12-02-20, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F
That would be cool- I stopped watching after the last crossover where he finds the ring, so I suppose he hasn't made any appearances since then?
He found the ring in the Arrow series finale. He was on an episode of The Flash after that.

Last edited by dex14; 12-02-20 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-02-20, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Melissa Benoist has leaked it she's no longer willing to play the character after Supergirl ends. I didn't think she'd be up for it, she has an outside shot at having a productive acting career after the show ends.
Seems like a few people seem annoyed at having to play these characters. Nothing wrong with having a six-year run and moving on to something else though.
Old 12-03-20, 07:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dex14
He found the ring in the Arrow series finale. He was on an episode of The Flash after that.
He was on as Green Lantern?
Old 12-03-20, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Eric F
He was on as Green Lantern?
No. It was a weird episode and almost didn’t really acknowledge what happened considering his family had already skipped town. It seemed like it was done before the crossover.

Last edited by dex14; 12-03-20 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-03-20, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
Seems like a few people seem annoyed at having to play these characters. Nothing wrong with having a six-year run and moving on to something else though.
I don't think it's that, per se. It's being isolated in Canada for 6+ years of your life and not having a personal life because of it. I begrudge no one for wanting to move on after a given show ends. Let them get some separation and live a little and then they'll be more open to returning for a cameo here and there.
Old 12-03-20, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I don't think it's that, per se. It's being isolated in Canada for 6+ years of your life and not having a personal life because of it. I begrudge no one for wanting to move on after a given show ends. Let them get some separation and live a little and then they'll be more open to returning for a cameo here and there.
That seemed to be a big thing for Amell. Plus he has flipped flopped a bunch of times in the last year about whether he’d do another appearance.
Old 12-03-20, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, I was thinking Amell because of his interview on Rosenbuam's podcast. Similar stories about Carlos Valdez have come out too. These actors love the roles, money, fame & don't mind the work itself and love the fans but at some point they want a personal life (and in these cases, outside of Canada )

Seems like all this makes for a strong case for 13 episode seasons like Stargirl.
Old 12-03-20, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

You'd have far less complaints from the actors if these shows were shooting in Cali. But the reality is that would almost double the production budget.
Old 12-03-20, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
They do likely need some time. People are asking them about coming back as a guest before they even start filming their last season. People can change their minds and I can see how being stuck in an area that is not really your home and limited to what you can do for so long can get to you. Plus Supergirl moved up there after season one. So you start somewhere else and then a year later you are told, time to move to Canada!
Old 01-08-21, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...source=twitter

The Green Arrow and the Canaries proposed spinoff is dead.

The backdoor Pilot aired as episode 9 of the final season of Arrow.
Old 01-09-21, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

I was a fan of Arrow pretty much the whole ride even at its worst but have to admit I had zero excitement for this. As, obviously, did the network.
Old 01-10-21, 05:42 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

I felt the characters fit in better with the Legends of Tomorrow.

We still need to wait and see what's going to happen with the whole Arrowverse. Between COVID and the ineptitude at Warnermedia due to the merger with AT&T, it feels that the Arrowverse itself isn't going to last that much longer. Legends and Flash seem to be on its last few seasons. Batwoman was just revamped and we don't know how long it will last given the poor quality of the first season. Supergirl is ending. Black Lightning inexplicably got cancelled. Superman and Lois will start soon but we don't know it's future. Stargirl is being kept out of the Arrowverse. All of this while AT&T fumbles the DCEU.
Old 01-10-21, 05:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Red Hood
I felt the characters fit in better with the Legends of Tomorrow.

We still need to wait and see what's going to happen with the whole Arrowverse. Between COVID and the ineptitude at Warnermedia due to the merger with AT&T, it feels that the Arrowverse itself isn't going to last that much longer. Legends and Flash seem to be on its last few seasons. Batwoman was just revamped and we don't know how long it will last given the poor quality of the first season. Supergirl is ending. Black Lightning inexplicably got cancelled. Superman and Lois will start soon but we don't know it's future. Stargirl is being kept out of the Arrowverse. All of this while AT&T fumbles the DCEU.
I don't foresee Superman and Lois lasting very long at all. Stargirl will last just as long as the production values remain high and Luke Wilson remains in the show. The other shows I don't know. I can understand why Black Lightning got cancelled, the story became very confusing and hard to follow.
Old 01-10-21, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

Yeah no one was excited about the Canaries spinoff.

They need to wrap up all the Arrowverse shows, wait a couple of years and then they can do a reboot of some sort. Supergirl is ending (thank god), Flash and Legends are limping along (creatively), and Batwoman lost its lead after one season.

I will give Superman and Lois a shot and I hope it's good, but I don't have confidence in the Berlanti team any more.
Old 01-10-21, 08:14 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

I still hope that out of the whole DCEU Flashpoint, one of the things that comes out is Grant Gustin taking over the role being played by Ezra. Not only is the Snyder version wrong by all accounts, but Miller is incredibly annoying in it. On the other hand, Gustin has the nuance and sensibilities that Barry Allen has in the comic books. I know most of his interpretation is from the Geoff Johns Flash: Rebirth storyline and beyond, but there's something about Grant that has the look and feel of how Barry should be played on the big screen. I wouldn't oppose having Melissa Benoist and Stephen Amell from the Arrowverse join the DCEU either.
Old 01-16-21, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

No crossover this year for obvious reasons: https://www.darkhorizons.com/cw-ditc...-dc-crossover/
Old 01-21-21, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

SUPERMAN & LOIS 1st episode will be 90 minutes followed by a 30 minute Superman Special.
FLASH season 7 will debut on March 2nd.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-cw...flash-premiere

Old 02-08-21, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,807 Likes on 1,129 Posts

The CW In Talks With HBO Max To Co-Finance Original Shows

The CW is reportedly in talks with HBO Max to co-finance some original shows this summer.

When the first trailer for Superman and Lois hit, many were shocked by the high production value that was more in line with the DC Universe shows than what we’ve typically seen on The CW. Now that HBO Max has become the streaming home of The CWverse along with all the other shows from the network, it sounds like The CW is looking to up the budget.

Deadline reports that The CW is in talks with HBO Max to co-finance original shows for this summer. The deal would allow episodes to premiere on The CW and be available on HBO Max the next day. It’s unclear if this deal will affect any of the current DC shows on The CW, or if it’s referring to a brand-new series that hasn’t been announced yet.
The following users liked this post:
Deftones (02-08-21)
Old 02-08-21, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

A major character is leaving Legends. One of the better ones
Old 02-09-21, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
A major character is leaving Legends. One of the better ones
Not for another two seasons.
Old 02-11-21, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Not sure if anyone has posted it here but Stargirl season 2 premiers on April 1st.
The following users liked this post:
devilshalo (02-11-21)
Old 08-25-21, 02:00 PM

The CW announced on Wednesday that The Flash‘s eighth season will kick off Nov. 16 with a five-part special titled “Armageddon,” and feature a cavalcade of super-powered guest appearances. Among the heroes and villains joining Team Flash: Javicia Leslie’s Batwoman, Brandon Routh’s The Atom, Cress Williams’ Black Lightning, Chyler Leigh’s Sentinel, Kat McNamara’s Mia Queen and Osric Chau’s Ryan Choi.

Additionally, Tom Cavanagh and Neal McDonough are set to reprise their respective adversarial roles of Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash and Damien Darhk.

Here’s the official “Armageddon” logline: “A powerful alien threat arrives on Earth under mysterious circumstances and Barry (Grant Gustin), Iris (Candice Patton) and the rest of Team Flash are pushed to their limits in a desperate battle to save the world. But with time running out, and the fate of humanity at stake, Flash and his companions will also need to enlist the help of some old friends if the forces of good are to prevail.”

In a statement, Flash EP Eric Wallace said the five-parter represents “some of the most emotional Flash episodes ever,” adding, “There are some truly epic moments and huge surprises that await our fans. And we’re doing them on a scale that’s bigger and bolder than our traditional Flash episodes.

“‘Armageddon’ is a lot more than just another graphic novel storyline,” Wallace added. “It’s going to be a true event for Flash and Arrowverse fans, old and new. Honestly, I can’t wait for audiences to see what we’ve got planned.”

Wallace recently teased Season 8’s, ahem, flashy launch, telling TVLine, “Look out for as much fun in the [season-opening] five-part special event as we can possibly give the audience without calling it a ‘crossover.’ Because we want them to get that same feeling as a crossover, even though it’s not a crossover.”
https://tvline.com/2021/08/25/the-fl...cMyfBEix3wjupA
Old 08-25-21, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

No Monarch?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.