Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-19, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Re: The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Right but they're airing Sun, Mon & Tues., so why not close it out Wednesday and Thursday? December 11th and 12th are no more holidays than December 8-10th.

I'm with everyone else. That's just dumb.
Sure, but it's still 2 weeks before Christmas.

But, it gives you something big to look forward to when the shows come back in the New year.
Old 08-04-19, 08:43 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Re: The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

I suppose they could bring Constantine back, but it's too much like Supernatural I guess. Either way I probably won't be watching, I'm about done with the CW stuff.
Old 08-04-19, 08:59 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

I got a huge feeling that this is the Arrowverse attempt at an Avengers: Infinity War/Endgame scenario. By this I mean that there is a huge purpose to the month gap and a huge cliffhanger. And I have a feeling that the big cliffhanger will be several heroes dying including Arrow, 90's Flash, Kingdom Come Superman and/or Burt Ward Robin. Thanks to WB's ineptitude in doing well with their DC properties in films, I could see their TV stuff doing the crossover of all these characters that people have been asking for a while. Crisis was the biggest event in DC's history and they are going all in for the TV shows with it.

Is there a list out there of everyone who's confirmed so far for the event?
Old 08-04-19, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk God

The Arrow episode of the crossover will be episode 9 of their season (January 14th), So it would technically be the penultimate episode to their series finale. But Amell presumably would still appear in the Legends episode afterwards since it's the wrap up to this arc.
Old 08-04-19, 09:21 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
The Arrow episode of the crossover will be episode 9 of their season (January 14th), So it would technically be the penultimate episode to their series finale. But Amell presumably would still appear in the Legends episode afterwards since it's the wrap up to this arc.
This says 8. And 9 and 10 will serve as the finale: https://deadline.com/2019/08/arrow-f...202661047/amp/

Old 08-05-19, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,155 Likes on 901 Posts

I kinda fell off watching the CW DC shows, but I’m definitely going to check out whatever appearances Conroy has as Bruce/Batman. The whole Crisis event sounds interesting but hopefully it’s not a clusterfuck.
Old 08-05-19, 12:47 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

At The CW’s party for the Television Critics Association, Arrow producer and crossover supervisor Marc Guggenheim spoke with /Film. Find out how he wrangled Routh back into the Superman costume, how the crossover relates to Superman Returns, and Guggenheim’s thoughts on a classic Supergirl actor.

Jim Lee Helped With Superman

By season seven of Arrow, Guggenheim has developed a good working relationship with DC. When Warner Brothers wanted to include The Flash in their DC universe, they worked it out with The CW’s show. Supergirl managed to have a Superman (Tyler Hoechlin) appear on their show.

Guggenheim said it was legendary comic book artist Jim Lee who helped him include Routh as an alternate Superman.

“It’s never legal wrangling,” Guggenheim said. “It’s the usual dance we do when we’re trying to access characters from the DC universe outside of the Arrowverse. So it’s just conversations. I will tell you, Jim Lee was incredibly instrumental in those conversations. It’s funny, I don’t think of it as legal wrangling so much as diplomacy and Jim was amazing, and such a gentleman about it, a real advocate for the shows, a real advocate for the studios. I have to say it was really painless.”

It probably also helped that Routh will only be the third simultaneous Superman. Once Hoechlin established himself while Henry Cavill was in the movies, it set the precedent for multiple Supermen. Plus, these are infinite earths we’re talking about.

Will This Be Superman Returns Returns?

Superman Returns was a divisive-enough Superman movie that they decided not to make a sequel. Instead came the reboot Man of Steel. I personally think they had time to make two more Brandon Routh movies and still could have rebooted in 2013. So seeing Routh play Superman again could be the sequel some of us have always wanted. Guggenheim was reluctant to call Routh’s crossover appearance a sequel.

“I don’t know if it’s for me to say,” Guggenheim said. “We’re picking up so many years after the events of that movie, maybe a coda is a better word than sequel.”

It’s probably too much to ask for a TV crossover servicing five main characters to also serve as a 13 years later sequel to a movie. Still, it will just be nice to see Routh play Superman again.

A Former Supergirl is Also in the Arrowverse

Routh isn’t the only former superhero reprising his role. Kevin Conroy, a voice of Batman in animation, will play a live-action older Bruce Wayne in the crossover.

Helen Slater, the star of the original movie Supergirl, plays Supergirl’s (Melissa Benoist) adopted Earth mother on The CW. As long as there are infinite earths where movie actors reprise their superhero roles, Guggenheim sounds open to asking Slater to play an alternate Supergirl along with Benoist.

“I feel like at this point, we’ve covered the waterfornt in terms of we’ve talked about every person who’s been in a DC property in live-action, and with Kevin [Conroy] in animation,” Guggenheim said. “Everything is possible. I happen to love the Supergirl movie and I remember the first time I saw it. I would love for her to reprise her role. We’re feeling out a lot of our various parameters in terms of what can we afford and what do we have story for? Can this be a cameo? Can this be a full on story? It’s just this ongoing conversation. we started the crossover earlier than we ever have precisely so we could have these conversation.”
https://www.slashfilm.com/crisis-on-...1qTkGNZcr-EsyI
Old 08-08-19, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Marv Wolfman who wrote the the comic book series CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS has been hired as a consultant for the TV version of CRISIS.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/08/04/...-marv-wolfman/
Old 08-09-19, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Some rumors indicate Warner have blocked Lynda Carter appearing as Wonder Woman in Crisis.
Old 08-10-19, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Really? What would there be to gain by preventing her from showing up as Wonder Woman? Are they worried people will be confused at an older WW on tv with Gal Gadot's movie Wonder Woman?

You'd think they'd want to celebrate all things Wonder Woman as she's currently the closest DC has to an MCU Iron Man.
Old 08-12-19, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Really? What would there be to gain by preventing her from showing up as Wonder Woman? Are they worried people will be confused at an older WW on tv with Gal Gadot's movie Wonder Woman?

You'd think they'd want to celebrate all things Wonder Woman as she's currently the closest DC has to an MCU Iron Man.
I can vaguely understand the reasoning process behind the decision. Some fans have made unflattering Wonder Woman comparisons that favor Lynda Carter over Gal Gadot. Marketing wants to control the narrative since Wonder Woman 2 is coming. Anything that could ding Gal's image has a potential to hurt WW2's box office.
Old 08-12-19, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

I actually think not having Carter is a good thing. It was good seeing her, but there was something weird about her acting on Supergirl. Unless something has changed with that I'm not sure I'd want to see her on the crossover.
Old 08-12-19, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I wonder if it’s OK for Routh to return as Superman because there’s currently no big screen Supes for him to conflict with.
Old 08-13-19, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Fan Created due to KC Superman appearing in the crossover. Alex Ross even posted these.

69101969-1342618872566092-9100565530154106880-n
online dice thrower

67869879-1342618852566094-7718090865528274944-n
online dice thrower
Old 08-13-19, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is a rumor that titans cast will appear as their titans characters on Crisis
Old 08-13-19, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by raven56706
there is a rumor that titans cast will appear as their titans characters on Crisis
I seriously doubt that is happening.
Old 08-13-19, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Berlanti is involved with the DC Universe shows as well. Wouldn't shock me at all if a character or two from DC Universe appears.
Old 08-13-19, 04:38 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Fan Created due to KC Superman appearing in the crossover. Alex Ross even posted these.

69101969-1342618872566092-9100565530154106880-n
online dice thrower

67869879-1342618852566094-7718090865528274944-n
online dice thrower
I literally gasped when I saw this. This makes me so sad, but it is awesome.
Old 08-13-19, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder if there will be a release of the crossover event on Blu-ray or DVD at some point after it airs. I’m interested for sure, but I haven’t watched the shows in long enough where I’m going to pick back up where they’re at now. Just want to see the crossover itself and maybe someday catch up entirely.
Old 08-13-19, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Mike86
I wonder if there will be a release of the crossover event on Blu-ray or DVD at some point after it airs. I’m interested for sure, but I haven’t watched the shows in long enough where I’m going to pick back up where they’re at now. Just want to see the crossover itself and maybe someday catch up entirely.
It will be on The CW app when they all air.
Old 08-13-19, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by TGM
I literally gasped when I saw this. This makes me so sad, but it is awesome.
Yeah, they've been blowing people away and making them sad all over the net.
Old 08-13-19, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Hood
I got a huge feeling that this is the Arrowverse attempt at an Avengers: Infinity War/Endgame scenario. By this I mean that there is a huge purpose to the month gap and a huge cliffhanger. And I have a feeling that the big cliffhanger will be several heroes dying including Arrow, 90's Flash, Kingdom Come Superman and/or Burt Ward Robin. Thanks to WB's ineptitude in doing well with their DC properties in films, I could see their TV stuff doing the crossover of all these characters that people have been asking for a while. Crisis was the biggest event in DC's history and they are going all in for the TV shows with it.

Is there a list out there of everyone who's confirmed so far for the event?
Yeah, the CW shows have been hit or miss but I have to credit them that if they pull this off well they’ll have managed to accomplish more than WB has with the films. So cool all these actors they’re bringing in to make this what should be a fun event to watch. Getting to see Conroy portray a version of Bruce is awesome enough. Bringing in Ward is also pretty cool despite the fact that I don’t know how much he’ll really do. Even Routh as Superman again is kinda cool, I know he’s on Legends of Tomorrow but still. Feels like they’re really trying to pull out all the stops to make this something special.
Old 08-13-19, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by raven56706

I'm in a few DC Show FB groups run by a guy who has managed to get people behind the scenes and actors from the shows to join. He also announced that the Titans would be in the crossover over the weekend based on his "sources". He ended up having to retract due to it being, " misunderstanding between him and his usually reliable sources". I laughed that he had to apologize because he's such a sensitive control freak bitch.
Old 08-14-19, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Since they’re cramming so much content in, I wish they’d just air this as a massive independent special event. When they make each piece an episode of a series, they have to waste time shoehorning that series cast and stories into the larger event, and then giving that character the most screen time for the hour. In the process it feels like a mini episode for that character’s series, with 10-20% fitting the crossover. Makes the larger story feel very inorganic.
Old 08-14-19, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They've been pretty good about ignoring running plotlines from each show to focus on the crossover in the past. I've been told this entire season of Arrow will focus on Crisis-related events.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.