Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-19, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Re: The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Emily Bett Rickards booked a 1 month play appearance in July. That’s her next gig.

Old 04-04-19, 08:20 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Re: The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Damn. I hope Amell will be able to make it without his side piece.
Old 04-05-19, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Anyone hearing the they want to crossover some DC Universe shows with CW CRISIS?
No. From what I've heard, DC Universe producers want nothing to do with the Arrowverse. Maybe something has changed, but that was the word on the streets earlier in the year. Tom Welling as Superman would be the real prize for Crisis, but I don't think they'll have enough money to get him to appear.
Old 04-06-19, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Tom Welling as Superman would be the real prize for Crisis, but I don't think they'll have enough money to get him to appear.
They just freed up Emily Bett Rickard's salary for the season. They can just direct that to Welling's bank account.
Old 04-06-19, 09:35 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
They just freed up Emily Bett Rickard's salary for the season. They can just direct that to Welling's bank account.
He's not worth it.

Just have Brandon Routh play Superman from an alternate Earth. That would be a hoot.
Old 04-08-19, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Need Routh, Cain, Welling and Slater in Super suits. And a Burt Ward from a timeline where Batman has passed on and Robin is Holy Legacy-training the next generation of his world's Batman & Robin.
Old 04-15-19, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Suspicious timing because of the recent Felicity news, but rumors are swirling that Welling will appear in Arrow's season eight in some undetermined role. Hard to say if this comes from Arrow producers trying to deflect from the PR hit of Felicity's early exit, or wishcasting by fans.

Welling has repeatedly sworn he'll never wear a Superman costume to fans across the years at appearances.

https://thenerdstash.com/tom-welling-arrow-season-8/
Old 04-15-19, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

If true, let's keep this ball rolling and get some Erica Durance in there.
Old 04-15-19, 07:29 PM

If true, let's keep this ball rolling and get some Erica Durance in there.
Durance has been on Supergirl.
Old 04-16-19, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Let's really keep the ball rolling and bring in Allison Mack
Old 04-16-19, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

They should get all the actresses that screen tested for Lois Lane in "Superman: The Movie" to play alternate world Lois Lanes.
Old 04-16-19, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Personally I'm praying that they stunt cast George Reeves
Old 04-19-19, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

For people in the Chicago viewing area, the CW is moving from WPWR to WCIU in the fall. It's only been on WPWR for a few season. Before that, it was on WGN. Is being a CW affiliate not profitable?

https://www.robertfeder.com/2019/04/...ork-affiliate/
Old 04-19-19, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dex14

Durance has been on Supergirl.
Didn't know that so I'll amend my request. Can we get Erica Durance as Lois in the cross-over.

Or we could get a Maverick, Danny Glover/Mel Gibson scene. That wouldn't be terrible.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 04-19-19 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-19-19, 08:44 PM
Banned

Didn't know that so I'll amend my request. Can we get Erica Durance as Lois in the cross-over.

Or we could get a Maverick, Danny Glover/Mel Gibson scene. That wouldn't be terrible.
Be hard to make Durance Lois because she's not human in her current roll.
Old 04-20-19, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Umm, toss her into a blouse/skirt and some heels and give her a press badge and she's Lois. What am I missing here?
Old 04-20-19, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts

Umm, toss her into a blouse/skirt and some heels and give her a press badge and she's Lois. What am I missing here?
She plays Supergirl’s mother on the show so she’s Kryptonian. Of course on Earth 44 she could be a Lois Lane.
Old 04-20-19, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Kdogg
Of course on Earth 44 she could be a Lois Lane.
Ding. Ding. Ding. This is the multi-verse. She can play multiple characters. Plus, is it likely Kara's mom shows up in Crisis?
Old 04-23-19, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Marc McClure should come back to play James Olsen's dad. Make NO explanations for anything.
Old 04-23-19, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

I think Crisis should blow away and end all the CW shows so they can reboot on the DC Universe app. Then we can get some good writin', cussin', nudity, fuckin', hardcore violence, and gore.
Old 04-23-19, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Burt Ward should juicy soft serve manboobs and acclaim Booster Gold
Old 05-16-19, 11:54 AM

“Crisis on Infinite Earths” will truly be the Arrowverse’s biggest crossover yet.

EW has confirmed that the highly anticipated event will include Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and Batwoman, the newest Arrowverse series. “Crisis on Infinite Earths” will be five hours long and air over two quarters, the CW announced at its upfront presentation to advertisers in New York Thursday morning.

There have been questions about which shows would be involved in “Crisis” ever since it was announced in December because the most recent crossover, “Elseworlds” only included Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl, but not DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. Concerns about Legends of Tomorrow‘s inclusion rose after the CW revealed that its fifth season was being held until midseason. Luckily, it seems as though that isn’t stopping Sara (Caity Lotz) and the rest of the gang from joining the crossover fun. Given the fact that “Crisis on Infinite Earths” shares its name with one of DC Comics’ biggest stories, it’s not entirely surprising that Greg Berlanti and company are making sure all of the Arrowverse’s superheroes are involved.

Even though “Crisis” won’t air until later in the year, the Arrowverse has already started preparing for it. Both The Flash and Arrow‘s most recent season finale set up the event in major ways. The former finale revealed that Grant Gustin’s Barry Allen vanishes in a “crisis” in the year 2019, and the Arrow season 7 finale ended with the Monitor (LaMonica Garrett) recruiting Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) to save the multiverse from, you guessed it, an impending crisis.

The Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, and Batwoman will air this fall on The CW.
https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/16/arrowve...531f2741XOlh00
Old 05-16-19, 06:33 PM
Banned

That still won't get me to watch Batwoman (and probably most of the other CW shows this season).

Waiting to hear the general impressions from the forum before I jump in again.
Old 05-16-19, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

I’m still annoyed that CW only keeps five recent eps up on the app and on demand.

If you miss an ep and get too far behind forget it.
Dtv here inexplicably has dropped CW and I can’t record them since last year so if I get behind too bad for me.
Old 05-16-19, 08:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by whotony
I’m still annoyed that CW only keeps five recent eps up on the app and on demand.

If you miss an ep and get too far behind forget it.
Dtv here inexplicably has dropped CW and I can’t record them since last year so if I get behind too bad for me.
Are they up on DC Universe? If so take the free trial and binge them. I’m thinking of doing this anyways as they now offer 4K/surround for some shows (like Doom Patrol).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.