Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Old 01-10-19, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

"Lightning" in her new costume with Tony Isabella who created the character "Black Lightning".

I'm in a Black Lightning group where many of the actors, crew members, and Tony are members.

Old 01-10-19, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Tony used to have a website of sorts I'd visit. I'm not sure it's still around.
Old 01-11-19, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Jesse L. Martin Returns to Filming The Flash After Medical Leave

The Flash has been missing an important team member this season since Detective Joe West ( Jesse L. Martin) hasn't been seen on-screen since the fourth episode, which aired in October. Luckily, we'll be seeing Papa Joe again soon!

TV Guide has exclusively learned that Martin has returned to filming for The Flash after taking medical leave from the show due to an injury sustained during the summer hiatus. News broke that Martin would be taking time off back in October after attempting to film the first few episodes with concessions to his injury; Joe was almost always leaning against a wall or sitting down in a chair in the early episodes this season. After taking the past few months off, Martin is back on set and filming again, so we should be seeing Joe reenter the world of The Flash soon!

"[Joe] is definitely coming back," showrunner Todd Helbing tells TV Guide. "We'll explain sort of why Joe West was gone for as long as he was, and we'll try not to put him into any more scenarios where he injures his back."

Discover your new favorite show: Watch This Now!

The popular theory for Joe's absence right now is baby-related, since his newborn daughter, Jenna West, has also been hanging out off-screen. Maybe they've just been taking some much needed daddy, daughter time?
Old 01-11-19, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know how he feels. I'm going to have my lower lumbar spine fused soon.

Thinking of you Joe...
Old 02-01-19, 12:18 PM

The DC universe will continue to expand on the CW, at least for now, according to network president Mark Pedowitz.

During a Q&A with reporters at TCA Thursday, Pedowitz said he doesn’t have a specific number of shows in mind, but “We haven’t hit that saturation point in my mind.”

The CW has renewed all five DC comic-inspired shows for next year and Pedowitz believes there’s still room for more, adding he’s hopeful the Ruby Rose-led Batwoman will get a series order in May.

“Things will age and we want to get the next generation of shows to keep The CW DC universe going for as long as possible,” he said.

Decisions about final seasons of any of The CW’s current lineup — including Arrow — are expected to come around the May upfronts.

Pedowitz also teased that the next Arrowverse crossover, “Crisis of Infinite Earths”, slated for fall 2019 “will be the “biggest and most complicated” yet.

The Flash, Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, and Black Lightning were among 10 shows the CW announced renewals for Thursday in the 2019-2020 season.
https://deadline.com/2019/02/cw-dc-u...Qk11qGl3m1ZTBE
Old 02-01-19, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Duck!!! More shit incoming!!!
Old 02-02-19, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think it's well past the saturation point. TheCW has already been coined the DC channel. They added a 6th day of broadcast because they have 5 DC shows with a 6th already planned; yet want to add more?
Viewers on this board at least seem to be dropping the shows due to feeling fatigue and tired of the political agenda's being pushed through the shows as-is.
I certainly don't have time to be adding more CW DC shows to my weekly watchlist. I'm still personally considering dropping Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, and Arrow; while I have zero intent to watch Batwoman if it does get a series order.
Old 02-02-19, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
I think it's well past the saturation point. TheCW has already been coined the DC channel. They added a 6th day of broadcast because they have 5 DC shows with a 6th already planned; yet want to add more?
Viewers on this board at least seem to be dropping the shows due to feeling fatigue and tired of the political agenda's being pushed through the shows as-is.
I certainly don't have time to be adding more CW DC shows to my weekly watchlist. I'm still personally considering dropping Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, and Arrow; while I have zero intent to watch Batwoman if it does get a series order.
The more shows they add, the lower the quality of each seems to be getting. Black Lightning and Legends are now my only "must watches" out of all of them now, and Legends is barely holding on. Titans on DC Univ was decent enough- I'm just hoping Doom Patrol is OK.

Gotham is still a hoot.

I know this isn't a DC property but I really have my eye on Amazon's upcoming animated Invincible series. Hoping it's in the vein of HBO's Spawn and Netflix's Castlevania. Definitely has to be adult oriented considering the original content. I wish some of the new CW shows were animated- but we know the studios think Americans don't like prime time animated shows, regardless of whether adult oriented or not. CW needs to do something different with the DC properties in the worst way.
Old 02-02-19, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The average quality of Berlanti's superhero shows have gone way down since they expanded beyond Arrow and Flash. They had a small core of savvy superhero producers which shepherded those two shows and the CW was mostly hands-off about content. But it's apparent the talent has been spread too thin and the CW's executives are meddling in the shows.

The formulaic approach has been less and less interesting each season, now that we have seven seasons of Arrow, five seasons of the Flash,four seasons of Supergirl and so on. It appears they decided to switch target demos for these shows once ratings dropped. They've gone hard after the CW's normal demo, women aged 16-24, once the hardcore comic book fan started tuning them out.
Old 02-23-19, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Rumor: Next season (2019-20) will be the final seasons for Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow: https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/arro...orrow-seasons/

Remember next season is also the big Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover and that could impact the landscape of all the Arrowverse shows.
Old 02-23-19, 05:28 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

no more LoT will hurt. Arrow... not so much.
Old 02-23-19, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Rumor: Next season (2019-20) will be the final seasons for Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow: https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/arro...orrow-seasons/

Remember next season is also the big Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover and that could impact the landscape of all the Arrowverse shows.
Didn't we hypothesize that Oliver bargained his life with the Monitor to save Kara and Barry? So Oliver will probably die next crossover and the rest of the season will deal with the repercussions and consist of a lot of flashbacks/forwards.
Old 02-23-19, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm down for them wrapping those up. Wouldn't mind it if Flash was wrapped up too though. Frees up the CW schedule for some non-DC shows, but I have a feeling they'll just write some more DC pilots to continue with.
Old 02-24-19, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

All signals for the past two years had intimated that Arrow was ending either this season or next year. Amell doesn't want to do the show anymore. The ensemble cast for Legends of Tomorrow is starting to get expensive.

Supergirl is also heavily rumored to be axed by other places. That is why they cast Lois Lane and brought Superman back - they wanted to see if that would start any buzz for a Superman series to replace it. Many, many hardcore Superman fans do not want the CW getting their hands on Superman after how Supergirl turned out.

Another DC team series is a possible replacement for these cancellations. Possibly a reimagined Justice League...
Old 02-25-19, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I thought the cancellation talk was all rumors from click bait sites that have been debunct?
Old 02-25-19, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
I thought the cancellation talk was all rumors from click bait sites that have been debunct?
I said specifically in my post that this is just a Rumor and not fact. No major trade is saying those shows are done after next season. That's just some small website claiming they have a "source"

Old 02-25-19, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
I said specifically in my post that this is just a Rumor and not fact. No major trade is saying those shows are done after next season. That's just some small website claiming they have a "source"
Fair enough . But posts following it seem to imply it's a done thing. That's what I asked.
Old 02-25-19, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Fair enough . But posts following it seem to imply it's a done thing. That's what I asked.
99% of the people here never bother reading the links or check out the context of the story.

I could probably type in that Brandon Routh announces he will return to play Superman in Man of Steel 2 and put some fake link and people here would believe it and lose their minds without even clicking the link.
Old 02-25-19, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't see anyone implying or believing it to be true... just people such as myself saying they'd be fine with it if it turned out to be the case.
Old 02-25-19, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Alright. Got it.
Old 02-25-19, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Arrow I can definitely see season 8 being the final season.

Legends of Tomorrow I would say it's 50/50. It's probably the most expensive of all the DC CW shows due to the special effects. That's why they never produce a full season.

and if The CW loses the Netflix deal for their shows, then that will definitely hurt the chances of some of these shows staying on the air.
Old 03-07-19, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

https://tvweb.com/arrow-season-final...stephen-amell/

Stephen Amell confirms Arrow will end with a 10 episode run in the fall.
Old 03-07-19, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by tanman View Post
https://tvweb.com/arrow-season-final...stephen-amell/

Stephen Amell confirms Arrow will end with a 10 episode run in the fall.
Called it (again)!

So it looks like the show will make it up to the crossover where Oliver will kick the bucket (as per his agreement with The Monitor for sparing Kara and Barry).
Old 03-07-19, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

HAH!!! Now all the DC pages and DC folks on Social Media who said the story was "Bullshit" and "Headlines from Clickbait sites so ignore it!!" are acting like they didn't say any of that.

Clickbait Sites 1
Doubters 0

Last edited by Giantrobo; 03-08-19 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-07-19, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Stephen Amell said yesterday that even though Arrow is ending, he could guest star occasionally on other Arrowverse shows.

However, since he's not a writer or producer on the shows, that will heavily depend on how things turn out on Crisis on Infinite Earths this Fall.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.