Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Old 01-10-19, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

"Lightning" in her new costume with Tony Isabella who created the character "Black Lightning".

I'm in a Black Lightning group where many of the actors, crew members, and Tony are members.

Old 01-10-19, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Tony used to have a website of sorts I'd visit. I'm not sure it's still around.
Old 01-11-19, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Jesse L. Martin Returns to Filming The Flash After Medical Leave

The Flash has been missing an important team member this season since Detective Joe West ( Jesse L. Martin) hasn't been seen on-screen since the fourth episode, which aired in October. Luckily, we'll be seeing Papa Joe again soon!

TV Guide has exclusively learned that Martin has returned to filming for The Flash after taking medical leave from the show due to an injury sustained during the summer hiatus. News broke that Martin would be taking time off back in October after attempting to film the first few episodes with concessions to his injury; Joe was almost always leaning against a wall or sitting down in a chair in the early episodes this season. After taking the past few months off, Martin is back on set and filming again, so we should be seeing Joe reenter the world of The Flash soon!

"[Joe] is definitely coming back," showrunner Todd Helbing tells TV Guide. "We'll explain sort of why Joe West was gone for as long as he was, and we'll try not to put him into any more scenarios where he injures his back."

Discover your new favorite show: Watch This Now!

The popular theory for Joe's absence right now is baby-related, since his newborn daughter, Jenna West, has also been hanging out off-screen. Maybe they've just been taking some much needed daddy, daughter time?
Old 01-11-19, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know how he feels. I'm going to have my lower lumbar spine fused soon.

Thinking of you Joe...