Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Star Wars: Rebels (Disney XD) -- Season 3 Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-16, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Re: Star Wars: Rebels (Disney XD) -- Season 3 Discussion Thread

Yea Ben is about to get a visitor it seems. Maul wants a little revenge lol. Could be sweet.
Old 10-02-16, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
So who is the "he lives"?

I gave up in season 2, not because I didn't like the show but because 20 are being recorded every week and it was too much to dig through and find the new one. I'm going to have to try and watch it on Saturday night after it airs or Sunday morning at the latest just so they don't get buried. It is such a good show for a Star Wars fan thought, just like Clone Wars was before it.
Its just as uneven as Clone Wars was, if not more so. The great eps of Rebels have been very few and far between. But so far this season is off to a pretty good start.
Old 10-03-16, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

I've been meaning to binge watch this show because it looks like it is fun.
Old 10-03-16, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
So who is the "he lives"?
Maul was looking for "hope" from the holocrons... which likely means visions of "a new hope" are leading him back to Tattooine
Old 10-03-16, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush
Its just as uneven as Clone Wars was, if not more so. The great eps of Rebels have been very few and far between. But so far this season is off to a pretty good start.
That is what I feared about Rebels and why I've dropped it in the past.
Old 10-04-16, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
That is what I feared about Rebels and why I've dropped it in the past.
I hated Season 2 because they were just trying to tie up Clone Wars loose ends. They're STILL doing that, but at least this latest episode with Darth Maul was a little more entertaining. I didn't like the two-part opener this year.

The show has basically turned most of its main characters - other than Ezra and Kanan - into guest stars/bit players.
Old 12-05-16, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 600 Likes on 433 Posts

Anyone still watching?

I just watched the "He Lives" ep and trying to get caught up while I have time.
Old 12-06-16, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Caught up on all the episodes over the weekend..."An Inside Man" was easily the best episode so far this season...but that's not saying much. Still, Season 3 is better than Season 2, which I really disliked (although I'm in the minority).

I'd wish I could convince Dave Filoni to never use Hondo in an episode again...I HATE that character (he's supposed to be funny...he's not - he's just annoying) and I think they've already used him in two episodes this season already.
Old 12-06-16, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Caught up on all the episodes over the weekend..."An Inside Man" was easily the best episode so far this season...but that's not saying much. Still, Season 3 is better than Season 2, which I really disliked (although I'm in the minority).

I'd wish I could convince Dave Filoni to never use Hondo in an episode again...I HATE that character (he's supposed to be funny...he's not - he's just annoying) and I think they've already used him in two episodes this season already.
We watched last weeks episode and I had to ask my son if we saw it already, the introduction of Hondo was almost identical to an earlier episode this season and their scheme as well.
Old 12-06-16, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Yup, I had to double take as well to make sure I wasn't watching a repeat.
Old 12-06-16, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt

Yeah. Hondo is Rebels' Jar-Jar. It's not just George Lucas shoving annoying characters down our throats.

I'm really liking Thrawn. I hope he survives Rebels so he can appear in some of the anthology films.

Rebels is a frustrating mixed bag. At times it's pretty good, and other times it just seems to be spinning its wheels and stalling time with boring capers for the next big "arc" episode. They could drop half of the episodes, and go with twelve hard-hitting, focused episodes and kick some ass.

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 12-06-16 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-06-16, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"seems to be spinning its wheels and stalling time with boring capers for the next big "arc" episode."

Yep this season is painfully boring and uninteresting. I guess that's what happens when you follow a Vader/Tano arc. I seriously at this point don't even know if I care to even bother to watch...I will but I don't really care at this point.
Old 12-06-16, 05:42 PM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts

You would think with Rogue One coming out they would want to capitalize and use Season 3 to introduce some of those characters or lead up to that film. Thrawn's cool and all, but why isn't this Ben Mendelsohn's character from Rogue One. Currently, the show is just meandering.
Old 12-07-16, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
You would think with Rogue One coming out they would want to capitalize and use Season 3 to introduce some of those characters or lead up to that film. Thrawn's cool and all, but why isn't this Ben Mendelsohn's character from Rogue One. Currently, the show is just meandering.
"Star Wars Rebels" may not be hyping Rogue One, but it could be the other way around.

Disney and Lucasfilm are proudly wearing its animated Star Wars TV shows on its big screen sleeve. First came news that Forest Whitaker is playing Saw Gerrera, a solider first introduced in Disney's Clone Wars animated series. Now, we have a fresh Rogue One TV spot that contains a very exciting Star Wars Rebels Easter egg.

Low and behold, why yes, that is the now iconic Ghost ship from Star Wars Rebels in one of the scenes contained within this latest sneak peek. Will we see other characters from the series show up? That, we're afraid, has not yet been revealed.

This exciting Easter egg clocks in at the seven-second mark of this 14-second teaser, which comes direct from the Disneyland Experience Youtube page. The Ghost is surrounded by a number of other Rebel ships as it take a Star Destroyer head on in true Rebel fashion. Here's what the Star Wars Wiki has to say about the ship.

"The Ghost is a modified VCX-100 light freighter owned by the Twi'lek Hera Syndulla that was used by a group of rebels during the Age of the Empire. The Ghost saw actions on numerous missions and skirmishes against the forces of the Galactic Empire. The Ghost also had an auxiliary vessel called the Phantom that could double as both a shuttle and a starfighter. And it is the primary ship in Star Wars Rebels. Made by the Corellian Engineering Corporation, it was named by Hera for her ability to evade Imperial sensors. Although an old vessel with a few dogfight battle scars from the Empire, she still performs reliably. The ship has a nose turret gunner station underneath the cockpit section, with a dedicated gunner seat, and a 360-degree dorsal laser cannon turret midships. The vessel had a crew section at the front half, with two of the four main cargo holds making up the forward corners of the ship."
This Rogue One: A Star Wars Story TV spot teases viewers that the first spin-off arrives in just Ten Days. And we get to see Jyn Erso hugging her precious Kyber crystal given to her by her mother as a young child. The movie will reveal that these crystals are the main power source for the planet decimating weapon known as The Death Star.

This new footage also offers a big old hint that Princess Leia is going to get a cameo in Rogue One. Also amongst the ships spotted alongside the Ghost is the Rebel Blockade Runner from the opening moments of A New Hope, which is carrying Princess Leia after intercepting the transmissions containing the stolen Death Star plans. Will a new actress be playing Leia? Or will we get to see Carrie Fisher rendered in Young mode courtesy of motion capture Ala Michael Douglas in Ant-Man and Robert Downey Jr. in Captain America: Civil War? Take a look at this exciting footage right now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bOYeNWVeSdY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://movieweb.com/rogue-one-star-w...ot-ghost-ship/
Old 12-07-16, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I'm sure many probably saw it as cliché, but I thought it was cool to have Kallus reveal himself as the new Fulcrum. No way Thrawn isn't on to him, though... I bet his day are numbered.
Old 12-11-16, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea pretty much the show isn't interesting at all to me unless it ties in with other star wars story lines I guess. Decent last episode. Two more to go and season is over.
Old 12-12-16, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by hdtv00
Two more to go and season is over.
I don't think so. Seasons are usually 20+ episodes.
Old 12-20-16, 09:33 AM

Forest Whitaker will reprise his role as the Rebel insurgent in animated form on Jan. 7 in a new episode of the DisneyXD series, one of the major crossovers between the TV show and the new film.
http://ew.com/movies/2016/12/20/rogu...r-wars-rebels/
Old 12-20-16, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Dammit, missed Chopper in "Rogue One":
http://ew.com/movies/rogue-one-rebel...ne-and-rebels/
Old 12-20-16, 02:16 PM

Old 01-04-17, 06:57 PM

<iframe width="656" height="369" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hnjz50nDwis" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-04-17, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ah, shit, that looks good.
Old 01-08-17, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

I think I was expecting more from a two part episode with Saw Gerrera. I was hoping he would have gotten some of his injuries we saw in Rogue One. Is he going to be in more episodes of Rebels?

"Stupid sand. It gets everywhere!"
Old 01-08-17, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah that was a throwaway plot to waste saw on. They set Saw up to be sort of the "bad" guy in that ep. But that bug wiped out his crew and had been trying to kill him for who knows how long.
Old 01-08-17, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Disappointing mid-season opener.

Feels like it was padded out too much and could have easily been a single half-hour episode.

And they totally ripped off a classic "Star Trek" episode.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.