Reload this Page >

SIX (History) -- Seal Team SIX -- S: Goggins -- Premieres 1/18/17

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 07-14-16, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Written by William Broyles (Castaway, Apollo 13, Jarhead) and David Broyles, a military special operations veteran, the eight episode first season of “SIX” follows Navy SEAL Team Six, the best of the best, whose 2014 mission to eliminate a Taliban leader in Afghanistan goes awry when they uncover a U.S. citizen working as a jihadist fighter with the terrorists. “SIX” stars Barry Sloane (“Revenge”), Kyle Schmid (“Copper”) Juan Pablo Raba (“Narcos”), Edwin Hodge (“Chicago Fire”), Brianne Davis (“Jarhead”), Nadine Velazquez (Ride Along 2), Dominic Adams (“Devious Maids”) and Walton Goggins (The Hateful Eight; “Justified”). “SIX” is executive produced by William Broyles, David Broyles, Harvey and Bob Weinstein, Alfredo Barrios, Jr. (Burn Notice) and George W. Perkins (Live from Baghdad). Bruce C. McKenna (Band of Brothers, The Pacific) will serve as executive producer, and join Barrios, William and David Broyles, and Karen Campbell (Dexter) in writing the episodes. Retired U.S. Navy SEAL Mitchell Hall (Zero Dark Thirty, Lone Survivor) will serve as the series’ technical advisor.
8 episode series

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
Barry Sloane as John "Bear" Graves
Brianne Davis as Lena Graves
Dominic Adams as Michael
Edwin Hodge as Robert Chase III
Juan Pablo Raba as Ricky "Buddha" Ortiz
Kyle Schmid as Alex Caulder
Nadine Velazquez as Jackie Ortiz
Walton Goggins as Rip Taggart

RECURRING/PREVIOUS CAST INFORMATION:
Joe Manganiello as Rip Taggart (Original Pilot + 1)

CREW INFORMATION:
Alfredo Barrios, Jr. as EP
Bob Weinstein as EP
Bruce C. McKenna as EC
David Broyles as CRTR/EP
George W. Perkins as EP
Harvey Weinstein as EP
Lesli Linka Glatter as DIR (Pilot)
William Broyles as CRTR/EP

GENRE(S):
drama

STUDIO INFORMATION:
A+E Studios
Weinstein Company, The
Has anyone heard about this series? It's supposed to air this Monday on History channel and stars Walton Goggins from Justified.

There's been no promotion or trailers for it and it airs supposedly in 4 days. A teaser was released last month (I didn't see it) and apparently it was pulled. I can't find it anywhere.

Directv doesn't even have a listing for it. It's supposed to air Monday at 10pm, but they are currently showing American Pickers airing in that timeslot.

William Broyles, who created this show, is the writer of several big name movies like Apollo 13, Castaway, Jarhead and Flags of our Fathers. The show has a good creative team behind it.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-25-16 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-14-16, 03:30 PM

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: SIX (History) -- Seal Team SIX Miniseries -- S: Goggins -- Premieres 7/18/16

Isn't this the thing that Joe Manganiello dropped out when filming had already begun?
Old 07-14-16, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: SIX (History) -- Seal Team SIX Miniseries -- S: Goggins -- Premieres 7/18/16

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
Isn't this the thing that Joe Manganiello dropped out when filming had already begun?
Yup, Goggins replaced him.

They filmed the Pilot with Manganiello, but he apparently got sick when production began and couldn't continue, so they brought it Goggins as his replacement.

The SIX website on History's page has nothing but a show description. I'm actually wondering if this will get delayed. I have a hard time believing this will air with zero promotion.
Old 07-14-16, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck getting people to tune in and watch this if you can't even be bothered to put out a trailer for it.
Old 07-14-16, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Got the official word from Directv. Postponed until the Fall.

dex14, you can update thread title to Fall 2016.

Explains why there was no promotion.
Old 10-25-16, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

http://deadline.com/2016/10/six-prem...ns-1201842309/

Pushed back to January 18, 2017

Can we get a thread update on the date?
Old 10-25-16, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

re: SIX (History) -- Seal Team SIX -- S: Goggins -- Premieres 1/18/17

Here's the 1st trailer with the old premiere date at the end:

Old 01-01-17, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

New Trailer:

Looks pretty awesome. Looking forward to it when it airs in a few weeks.
Old 01-01-17, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It is funny because I am far more interested with Goggins in the role that Manganiello.
Old 01-18-17, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Bump

Premieres tonight after Vikings

8 episode season

HISTORY'S NEW MILITARY DRAMA SERIES 'SIX' PREMIERES WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 18 AT 10PM ET/PT

SERIES TO STAR WALTON GOGGINS, BARRY SLOANE, JUAN PABLO RABA, KYLE SCHMID AND EDWIN HODGE

Series is from A+E Studios, Harvey Weinstein, Weinstein Television and Oscar(R) Nominee William Broyles

New York, New York - October 25, 2016 - HISTORY's new military combat drama series "SIX," makes its series debut on Wednesday, January 18 at 10PM ET/PT. The eight episode first season of "SIX" follows members of Navy SEAL Team Six, modern American warriors, whose covert mission to eliminate a Taliban leader in Afghanistan goes awry when they uncover a U.S. citizen working with terrorists. Inspired by real missions, the series authentically captures the inside world of America's elite Special Operations unit - what these SEALs do, their personal lives, combat and the life-and-death decisions they make to protect and serve their country.

"SIX" is an authentic portrayal of what it means to be a member of SEAL Team Six, a true brotherhood, the best at what they do. The series begins with SEAL Team Six troop leader Richard 'Rip' Taggart (Walton Goggins/ "Vice Principals"; The Hateful Eight) making a questionable decision while on a mission in Afghanistan. Two years later, Rip is captured by Boko Haram and it's up to his former SEAL Team Six brothers - led by Joe Graves (Barry Sloane/ "Revenge"), Alex Caulder (Kyle Schmid/ "Copper") and Ricky "Buddha" Ortiz (Juan Pablo Raba/ "Narcos") - to put their differences aside to locate and rescue their former troop leader.

"SIX" also stars Edwin Hodge ("Chicago Fire"), Dominic Adams ("Devious Maids"), Brianne Davis (Jarhead), Nadine Velazquez (Flight), Jaylen Moore ("Homeland"), Donny Boaz (The Great Debaters) and Nondumiso Tembe ("True Blood").

The first two episodes of "SIX" are directed by Academy Award(R), Emmy(R) nominated and DGA Award winning Lesli Linka Glatter ("Homeland," "Ray Donovan").

"SIX" is created by Academy Award(R) nominee William Broyles (Cast Away; Apollo 13; Jarhead) and David Broyles, a military special operations veteran. William Broyles, Harvey and Bob Weinstein, David Glasser, Nicolas Chartier, Alfredo Barrios, Jr. ("Burn Notice"), George W. Perkins (Live from Baghdad), Bruce C. McKenna ("Band of Brothers," "The Pacific") and Glatter are executive producers. David Broyles is a co-executive producer. Karen Campbell ("Dexter") serves as the supervising producer and joins Barrios, McKenna, and William and David Broyles as writers on the series. Retired U.S. Navy SEAL Mitchell Hall (Zero Dark Thirty; Lone Survivor) serves as the series' technical advisor. CNN's national security analyst Peter Bergen serves as the series' terrorism consultant. Jana Bennett and Arturo Interian are the executives in charge of production for HISTORY. A+E Networks holds worldwide distribution rights for "SIX."

"SIX" is produced by A+E Studios in association with Weinstein Television.
Old 01-18-17, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
It is funny because I am far more interested with Goggins in the role that Manganiello.
On this, we agree.
Old 01-18-17, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks for the bump. forgot about this.
Old 01-18-17, 11:07 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

I'm trying to figure out if Ortiz is going to die because they made it seem obvious that he will.

I enjoyed it and will keep watching.
Old 01-19-17, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Not bad. Fun start. Had some good action.

Kind of reminds me a little of The Unit & Navy Seals. I'm glad that Joe Manganiello dropped out. I can't picture him playing Rip. Goggins has more of the gravitas to play him.

Was a little surprised to hear a few F bombs dropped during that opening mission. I think it's a no-brainer that one of the members of this team will die by the season finale.
Old 01-19-17, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This was very disjointed. All the team members seem to be assholes. There is no one to root for.
Old 01-19-17, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
This was very disjointed. All the team members seem to be assholes. There is no one to root for.
You can root against one guy though.
Old 01-25-17, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

2nd episode is tonight.

For those who missed the Pilot last week and don't have cable, you can watch it for free off History's website or via their app.

http://www.history.com/shows/six/season-1/episode-1
Old 01-26-17, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Episode 2 was a lot slower backing off on the action and focused more on the Seals personal lives.

and seriously? Sperm banks still use VCRs? That was a really awkward scene when Joe was trying to jerk off for his sample. Kind of bullshit that his wife is pushing him for a kid in the middle of an extended mission to rescue one of their own.

I did like that last scene when one of the hostages got his hand hacked off.

I guess History doesn't care about F bombs. They dropped another one tonight when Rip said...."I'm a Navy Mother Fucking Seal" to one of the terrorists.
Old 01-29-17, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm out after 2 episodes - Goggins is the only character I care about and that is only because I like HIM AS AN ACTOR. Nothing presented on screen makes me care about these characters and there isn't enough action to forgive that aspect. Way too melodramatic and extremely slow pace - too many better shows out there to bother watching the rest of this when it is this mediocre.
Old 01-29-17, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Same here, I couldn't make it to the half hour mark of the 2nd episode. Show is filled unlikeable people doing uninteresting things.
Old 01-29-17, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm watching SIX. It's not bad, basically what I expected. A gritty action drama about Seal members.
Old 02-04-17, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Just saw episode 3 today

It was an interesting episode, but fell a little flat at what they wanted to do. They attempted to show some back story to Rip (Goggins character) and why he left the Seals.

I didn't think they did a really good job with it. The flashbacks showed that his marriage apparently fell apart, but I didn't quite understand why.

Also, Rip actually killed someone on a mission that apparently violated the code of the team and it pissed off one of the members. Then he just flat out quit.

As for that climatic escape sequence, I did when he initially abandoned the teacher and school kids and then felt guilty and came back.
Old 02-05-17, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ive been watching, and its so so, would have liked more ops action and behind the scenes stuff like that.
Old 02-08-17, 11:16 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

When I watch a show about Navy SEALs I am most looking forward to an episode where the primary focus is one guy's marital problems caused by his balls being too warm.

Last edited by MrX; 02-08-17 at 11:31 PM.
Old 02-09-17, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick question

Is this show better, worse or comparable to an average episode of Strike Back ?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.