DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Suits (USA) -- Season 6 Thread -- Premieres 7/13/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/635194-suits-usa-season-6-thread-premieres-7-13-16-a.html)

DJariya 07-13-16 01:12 PM

Suits (USA) -- Season 6 Thread -- Premieres 7/13/16

http://data1.ibtimes.co.in/cache-img...s-season-6.jpg

WEDNESDAY, JULY 13

SUITS "To Trouble" - 9/8c *Season 6 Premiere*

Mike transitions to prison life while Harvey, Jessica, Louis, Donna and Rachel deal with the fallout of Mike's plea deal and try to prevent what's left of PSL from collapsing.

16 episode 6th season. Will most likely be split again as 8 in the summer and 8 in the winter.

When we last left off in the Spring, Mikey boy went to prison for his fraud.

Noonan 07-13-16 01:30 PM

Re: Suits (USA) -- Season 6 Thread -- Premieres 7/13/16

Suits is back!!!!!!!

I'm a little excited...

DJariya 07-13-16 01:37 PM

-pray- Please Suits writers, let Donna and Harvey finally bang and get it out of their system. No more games.

Navinabob 07-13-16 05:00 PM

Anyone got a summary of what happened in the last episode? I saw it, but it had so many twists I' can't remember which one it ended on.

DJariya 07-14-16 03:51 PM

Entertaining 1st episode. Poor Mike. Got screwed trusting the wrong in-mate. That was an interesting twist that Frank was actually put away by Harvey.

I liked Louis, Harvey and Jessica's late night pot and Chinese food binge at the office.

Paul Schulze, who played Frank, played Ryan Chappelle on 24 years ago. He looks so different now.

GCS 07-15-16 11:11 AM

I need 15 mins

especially after at staring at Rachel's a$$ in those jeans.

DJariya 08-03-16 01:26 PM

Renewed for a 16 episode 7th season: http://deadline.com/2016/08/suits-re...ca-1201797687/

Noonan 08-03-16 02:15 PM

Great news!!

DJariya 08-04-16 01:48 PM

So they actually presented a way for Mike to possibly get out of prison early. And it actually doesn't sound that far fetched.

Still even if he does come out, he can't ever practice law again.

:lol: and of course Louis would immediately have a thing for the hot architect

wirefan 08-04-16 10:26 PM

^The path out doesn't seem crazy; busting him out of prison for 6 hours however...

I still say he doesn't inform on his cellmate unless it turns out he did something really ugly. I'm betting on him coming up with a creative solution; maybe he does what they are asking but then leaves a way to unwind it after he gets out.

The Louis stuff, as well as the new tenants has at least given the show a bit more of the old feel it used to have.

Holydoc 08-27-16 10:57 PM

The new tenants are quite humorous. Also Luis talking about his wood.

DJariya 09-14-16 09:11 PM

http://deadline.com/2016/09/suits-su...rs-1201819882/

Tonight was the midseason finale.

It was also Gina Torres' last episode. The above interview with Suits show runner talks about her exit.

andicus 10-18-16 10:07 AM

Yeah, I definitely wasn't expecting her to leave.

I noticed that she appeared on the latest episode of Westworld, but in a very minor way.

DVD Josh 10-18-16 11:00 AM

This was a complete waste of a season. Reminds of Season 4 Pt. 1 of Battlestar. You can watch the first and last eps and have missed absolutely nothing. I hope they rebound next season with Mike out of jail as the show has lost quite a bit over the years.

dex14 01-25-17 07:05 AM

The second half of Season 6 starts up again tonight, 1/25/17.

Already renewed for a 7th.

DVD Josh 01-25-17 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 12996485)
The second half of Season 6 starts up again tonight, 1/25/17.

Already renewed for a 7th.

I will watch until the end but it's probably time to end it after S7.

birdseye 01-25-17 09:54 AM

Just started watching the first half of the season. It's really annoying how just about every scene ends up being a pissing match. I know it's always been that way, but it seems more grating and overly dramatic now. I end up fast forwarding through most scenes.

Defiant1 01-25-17 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by birdseye (Post 12996571)
Just started watching the first half of the season. It's really annoying how just about every scene ends up being a pissing match. I know it's always been that way, but it seems more grating and overly dramatic now. I end up fast forwarding through most scenes.

The Suits Drinking Game. Take a drink when:

- Someone says "goddamn"
- Two characters argue loudly in a glass office where they can be easily seen and heard by everyone else.
- One character refers to another character by their full name.
- They shoot outdoors in the daytime and the camera blurs the backround heavily to barely disguise Toronto as NYC.
- Harvey and Louis fight. Another drink when they make up.

andicus 01-26-17 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Defiant1 (Post 12997169)
The Suits Drinking Game. Take a drink when:

- Someone says "goddamn"
- Two characters argue loudly in a glass office where they can be easily seen and heard by everyone else.
- One character refers to another character by their full name.
- They shoot outdoors in the daytime and the camera blurs the backround heavily to barely disguise Toronto as NYC.
- Harvey and Louis fight. Another drink when they make up.

Hit the trifecta with these in one scene... :lol:

DJariya 02-22-17 10:21 PM

http://tvline.com/2017/02/22/suits-s...a-usa-network/

Suits spinoff starring Gina Torres (Jessica) in development

andicus 02-23-17 01:38 AM

I like her, but a spinoff with just Jessica doesn't interest me in the least.

I fully expected her to be back on Suits, at some point.

wirefan 02-23-17 04:15 AM

Mostly watching this out of inertia now. The show still has it's moments but the endless back and forth on Mike's storyline has really run it's course. It's just shifted from will someone find Mike out to whether will Mike become a lawyer through a bunch of shady dealings (despite being convicted of fraud and never going to law school)

I thought the Donna box was pretty damn hilarious and reminded me of the early seasons on the show, but I can't believe they have actually turned it into a rather significant story arc.

DJariya 02-23-17 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by andicus (Post 13017913)
I like her, but a spinoff with just Jessica doesn't interest me in the least.

I fully expected her to be back on Suits, at some point.

Well, Jessica's character is in Chicago now (supposedly) with her boyfriend.

If they do a spinoff, they would obviously have to cast supporting actors or another co-lead. It wouldn't be just about her.

The thing that's interesting is that Torres quit Suits because she wanted to find work closer to her home in LA because Suits shoots in Toronto.

andicus 02-23-17 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13018028)
Well, Jessica's character is in Chicago now (supposedly) with her boyfriend.

If they do a spinoff, they would obviously have to cast supporting actors or another co-lead. It wouldn't be just about her.

The thing that's interesting is that Torres quit Suits because she wanted to find work closer to her home in LA because Suits shoots in Toronto.

I get that. I just meant without any of the other Suits characters.

Personally, I only started watching this because of Mike's story (and as wirefan pointed out, that's even run its course). While I did get interested in all the other characters, another show about lawyers won't have the hook to get me to watch it.

Defiant1 02-23-17 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by wirefan (Post 13017929)
Mostly watching this out of inertia now. The show still has it's moments but the endless back and forth on Mike's storyline has really run it's course. It's just shifted from will someone find Mike out to whether will Mike become a lawyer through a bunch of shady dealings (despite being convicted of fraud and never going to law school)

I thought the Donna box was pretty damn hilarious and reminded me of the early seasons on the show, but I can't believe they have actually turned it into a rather significant story arc.

Same here. It's just on the TV now. So this season's storyline has Harvey somehow pulling the strings so that Mike can become a real lawyer (or something like that). Is that even possible?