DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Murder in the First (TNT) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 6/26/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/635039-murder-first-tnt-season-3-thread-premieres-6-26-16-a.html)

DJariya 06-26-16 01:13 PM

Murder in the First (TNT) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 6/26/16

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...fe&oe=57C0D874

SEASON 3 PREMIERE: “Normandy Bitch” – Sunday, June 19, at 10 p.m. (ET/PT) – TV-MA-LV
Season three kicks off for Homicide Inspectors Terry English and Hildy Mulligan when an all-star quarterback is murdered in the middle of a crowded club in front of his pop star girlfriend. D.A. Mario Siletti and his wife are involved in a tragic car accident that could end his career and his marriage. And an untimely diagnosis threatens Hildy's future.

Directed by Jesse Bochco
Story by Steven Bochco & Jonathan Abrahams Teleplay by Jonathan Abrahams
Created by Steven Bochco & Eric Lodal

10 episode 3rd season

Now airing Sunday Nights

whotony 06-26-16 07:43 PM

Re: Murder in the First (TNT) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 6/26/16

I'm in.

Noonan 06-27-16 08:24 AM

Saw this taping last night. Really enjoyed both seasons so far. Definitely in for season 3.

DJariya 06-27-16 09:09 PM

Interesting start to the new season. Quite a few storylines going:

The QB's murder

Hildy having breast cancer

and the DA's manslaughter case.

Liked seeing Amanda Schull on this. Since cable seasons are so short, I guess it's feasible she can do multiple shows (12 Monkeys and now this) Her being the prosecutor against Siletti should be interesting and since they banged earlier.

Even if alcohol wasn't a factor, he was distracted while driving (arguing with this wife) and absolutely should face manslaughter charges.

I'm glad they didn't have Hildy keep the breast cancer thing a secret from Terry. Aren't police medical benefits pretty good? I don't know why she's freaking out.

whotony 06-27-16 09:24 PM

I'd be freaking out if I had breast cancer because death.

DJariya 06-27-16 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 12837011)
I'd be freaking out if I had breast cancer because death.

She was worried that she wouldn't have money for the treatment. Unless the SFPD's medical benefits suck, she should be able to get the treatment and surgery she needs. But, she was freaking out about what would happen to her daughter should something happen to her.

whotony 06-27-16 09:31 PM

Yeh that is a bit of a head scratcher

randian 08-25-16 10:37 AM

Siletti is getting more air time than the actual murder case. Highly annoying.

Red Dog 08-25-16 04:05 PM

I actually prefer his case at this point. :lol:

whotony 08-26-16 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by randian (Post 12882236)
Siletti is getting more air time than the actual murder case. Highly annoying.

Funny that you said that because after the last ep I couldnt rememebr what the main case was, is there still one?

mike7162 08-29-16 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 12882823)
Funny that you said that because after the last ep I couldnt rememebr what the main case was, is there still one?

Is Kathleen Robinson pregnant? She's sitting a lot and carrying the giant purse - I wonder if that affected the main plot, and shifted the focus to the Siletti story.

Noonan 08-29-16 07:48 AM

I think my fiance asked the same thing a couple of episodes back.

I'm still enjoying the show. Siletti trial is entertaining. I wish Koto was a bigger character; they kinda had him going there with the reporter.

DJariya 08-30-16 10:38 AM

I've been playing catch and I've also noticed that Siletti's case has become more prominent than the football player murder. I've enjoyed his case for the fact that he's such an obnoxious and arrogant douche bag. I'm hoping the end result blows up in his face. There's only 1 episode left this season.

Also, kind of weird how Terry and Hildy became intimate for a few episodes and now they have some tension in their relationship. Especially after he gave her daughter the IPad.

I haven't seen anything about Kathleen Robertson being pregnant. She is sitting a lot and wearing baggy clothes. But she is 42 pushing 43.

At this point, I'm not expecting TNT to bring this back for a 4th season. I last checked and this was the lowest rated season of the series.

DJariya 09-06-16 09:02 PM

Watched the finale last night.

Blah, Very unsatisfying end & disappointing season overall. I think it's time for TNT to send this to the cancellation grave yard. Easily the worst season of the 3. For a show that was designed to be a single season murder mystery, I felt like they went way off track with the Siletti trial. That ended up being more entertaining than the murder mystery about the football player.

Terry and Hildy's relationship was left sort of unresolved, but at this point, I really don't care anymore.

mike7162 09-07-16 12:08 AM

Perfunctory is the word I'd use to describe this season. The tone of the show seemed to change for me after Hildy's cancer diagnosis turned out to be false (which I thought was odd). At that point, there was a lot of sitting, and the season ran in Neutral the rest of the way. I'll be shocked if the show returns next summer.