Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Pretty Little Liars (Freeform) -- Season 7 Discussion Thread -- premieres 6/21/16

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Pretty Little Liars (Freeform) -- Season 7 Discussion Thread -- premieres 6/21/16

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-16, 06:44 AM

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,102 Posts

HOW FAR WILL THE LIARS GO TO SAVE HANNA IN THE SEASON SEVEN SUMMER PREMIERE OF 'PRETTY LITTLE LIARS,' AIRING TUESDAY, JUNE 21 ON FREEFORM

Premiere Follows an All-Day 'Pretty Little Liars' Marathon from 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EDT

It's life or death for one of the PLLs in "Tick-Tock, Bitches," the season seven premiere of Freeform's hit original series "Pretty Little Liars," airing TUESDAY, JUNE 21 (8:00 - 9:00 p.m. EDT). Fans can catch up on where the Liars left off with an all-day marathon of season six starting at 11:00 a.m. EDT and running up to the one-hour summer premiere at 8:00 p.m. EDT.

After Hanna's shocking abduction by "Uber A," the PLLs and company desperately race against the clock to save one of their own. The only way to do this is by handing over evidence of Charlotte's real murderer to "Uber A." In order to do so, the girls must decide what blatant lines they are willing to cross that they have never breached before; and once they cross that line, there is no turning back.

"Pretty Little Liars" is produced by Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television and is executive-produced by I. Marlene King, Oliver Goldstick, Leslie Morgenstein, Charlie Craig and Joseph Dougherty. The series stars Troian Bellisario, Ashley Benson, Tyler Blackburn, Lucy Hale, Ian Harding, Shay Mitchell, Andrea Parker, Janel Parrish and Sasha Pieterse.
Old 06-23-16, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Pretty Little Liars (Freeform) -- Season 7 Discussion Thread -- premieres 6/21/16

I'm in on this show until the end. Can't say that I'm super excited to have it back though.
Old 06-23-16, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Re: Pretty Little Liars (Freeform) -- Season 7 Discussion Thread -- premieres 6/21/16

I'm really hoping that season 7 will be the final season. I think they're really running on fumes story-wise. I know this series has never really had a big audience in this forum and a few bailed out of frustration after all the red herrings, but this has always been a summer guilty pleasure for me. I'm in until the end no matter what, but I do hope they plan to wrap things up. It has IMO one of the most beautiful female casts on TV. Shay Mitchell especially.
Old 06-23-16, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

I'm sure that Freeform will attempt a spin-off of some kind once it's over.
Old 08-29-16, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk God

http://deadline.com/2016/08/pretty-l...-7-1201810285/

Confirmed today. This will be the final season. Summer finale airs tomorrow.

I'm a few weeks behind and have been playing catchup, so I haven't chimed in much this season.
Old 08-30-16, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm really hoping that season 7 will be the final season. I think they're really running on fumes story-wise. I know this series has never really had a big audience in this forum and a few bailed out of frustration after all the red herrings, but this has always been a summer guilty pleasure for me.
I thought it was campy, ridiculous fun for a long while, but my interest was waning pretty heavily by the time the first half of season six rolled around, and absolutely nothing post-time jump worked for me. Tedious, boring, uninvolving...I couldn't make it through. My wife wants to work through the backlog on the DVR but hasn't felt motivated. Doing a quick search on Facebook, none of my friends have posted anything about PLL in just over two years when it used to be a weekly thing.
Old 08-31-16, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I binged watched the last several episodes over the weekend to get ready for last night's finale. I didn't care much for the reveal and I still like the show, but I'm glad it's ending next year.
Old 04-18-17, 06:56 AM

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,102 Posts

THE LIARS PICK UP THE PIECES IN THE SEASON SEVEN SPRING PREMIERE AND KICK OFF OF THE FINAL TEN EPISODES OF 'PRETTY LITTLE LIARS,' AIRING TUESDAY, APRIL 18, ON FREEFORM

Premiere Follows an All-Day 'Pretty Little Liars' Marathon from 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EDT

After Noel Kahn's abrupt death, the Liars try putting their lives back together again in "Playtime," the first of the final ten episodes of Freeform's hit original series "Pretty Little Liars," airing TUESDAY, APRIL 18 (8:00 - 9:02 p.m. EDT). Fans can catch up on where the Liars left off with an all-day marathon of season seven starting at 11:00 a.m. EDT and running up to the one-hour spring premiere at 8:00 p.m. EDT.

Spencer focuses on learning more about her connection to Mary Drake, while Aria and Ezra figure out what their future may hold now that Nicole is back in the picture. Mona helps Hanna get her fashion career back on track, and Emily struggles to balance things between Ali and Paige now that the three of them are working at Rosewood High. Meanwhile, A.D. has a special delivery for the Liars, one that reveals the final endgame. The Liars realize this latest gift pushes things to a whole new level.

"Pretty Little Liars" is produced by Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television and is executive produced by I. Marlene King, Oliver Goldstick, Leslie Morgenstein, Charlie Craig and Joseph Dougherty.

The series stars Troian Bellisario, Ashley Benson, Tyler Blackburn, Lucy Hale, Ian Harding, Shay Mitchell, Andrea Parker, Janel Parrish and Sasha Pieterse.
Old 04-18-17, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Yay!! The home stretch. 10 more episodes left and it's over for good.

The 1st 10 episodes of this season were kind of a slog to get through. I got kind of lazy and let 7-8 episodes build up, but I powered through them after last summer ended.

I think what killed interest and ratings in the last few seasons was too many red herrings and how poor the whole A mystery was handled.

The A mystery dragged on way too long. Plus, it was so dumb how they made Toby and Ezra fake bad guys to fake out the viewers. And now Toby is a cop and Ezra and Aria are engaged.