Reload this Page >

Game of Thrones (S6E09) -- "Battle of the Bastards" -- 6/19/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Game of Thrones (S6E09) -- "Battle of the Bastards" -- 6/19/16

Old 06-22-16, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,242 Likes on 891 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S6E09) -- "Battle of the Bastards" -- 6/19/16

I wonder if the Stark Wolf will be back on Winterfell in the opening credits next Sunday...
Old 06-22-16, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
I wonder if the Stark Wolf will be back on Winterfell in the opening credits next Sunday...
I bet it will be!

As some reviewer said during the first season, the GoT opening credits sequence is better than most shows on the air.
Old 06-22-16, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Greedoshotfirst View Post
The writers are in a damned if you, damned if you don't situation honestly. They have written many great dialogue scenes this season, but some of you currently are just choosing to fixate on the ones they missed. There are a million theories out there, of course someone is going to guess what happens, people read it and theorize, then when it happens it becomes "predictable." Can you imagine the backlash if Ramsey lived? "All I wanted from this episode was for Ramsey to die a gruesome death and they couldn't give me that? Ugh, poor decision by the writers." I don't envy the writers at all. I mean, I've heard a few people complain about the way the two other dragons broke out of the dungeon in mereen. C'mon. The only thing that really bothered me was the arya storyline.
I still have faith in the show creators. From the inside episodes, it's obvious that they are just as big fans as anyone else and they are deeply invested in the characters and motivations. The Arya storyline may have a big payoff down the road. I find it all to believe that we spent all this time in Bravos for nothing.

The show continues to surprise and wow me like with the Hodor episode, Tommen betraying his mother and we lost a lot of characters this season like Blackfish. I have no idea how the trial is going to play out. If the writers wanted to take an easy predictable road then they would have had the Mountain fight at the trial and kill everyone.
Old 06-22-16, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 689 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
I bet it will be!

As some reviewer said during the first season, the GoT opening credits sequence is better than most shows on the air.
I agree, but it drives my wife crazy that they haven't pulled the statue off the top of the pyramid in the opening credits like they did a long time ago on the show.

I'm actually surprised they haven't done that.
Old 06-22-16, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the preview for the season finale,
Spoiler:
when Walder Frey is toasting and saying "tell them the Freys and Lannisters send their regards", I assume he's referring to the news that the Boltons are no more and the Starks are once again the leader in the North. I'm looking forward to them supporting Daenarys claim to the throne to spite the freys and Lannisters. I can see dragons destroying the Twins, just my hope and prediction.

This season has definitely been a treat and it was nice that the good guys finally won one.

Sorry everyone. Wasn't thinking!

Last edited by pelenor; 06-22-16 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-22-16, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 471 Likes on 391 Posts

^Technically, anything in the next week's preview should be in spoiler tags because some people avoid watching it. But that line/scene did intrigue me, and I'm interested in seeing what happens there.
Old 06-22-16, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,043 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by windom View Post
Sansa should have cut of Ramsey's dick and fed it to the dogs. Then after he recovered from that have him flayed.
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
But first she should have bent him over and raped him with Longclaw.
The guy would have probably enjoyed it too much.

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
I agree, but it drives my wife crazy that they haven't pulled the statue off the top of the pyramid in the opening credits like they did a long time ago on the show.

They haven't been changing up the openings that much, have they? They still featured Bravoos this past episode even though we spent no time there.

Originally Posted by pelenor View Post
This season has definitely been a treat and it was nice that the good guys finally won one.
Little Finger won one, not sure if he's really a good guy. Though both storylines had the main characters winning this week.

Davis finding the figurine and immediately connecting it to the witch seemed a bit far fetched to me... At first I thought maybe he'd mistakenly think the Boltons burned them upside down or something. I also thought Ramsey would raid their camp again since they stayed the exact same place Stannis did, though they were probably better defended.
Old 06-22-16, 02:22 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
^Technically, anything in the next week's preview should be in spoiler tags because some people avoid watching it. But that line/scene did intrigue me, and I'm interested in seeing what happens there.
Seriously. I am one of those people who stopped watching the previews way back in the first season and prefer to know nothing about the next episode until I see it, so I really didn't appreciate reading the line in question here. Spoiler tags are a common courtesy folks.
Old 06-22-16, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
The guy would have probably enjoyed it too much.

They haven't been changing up the openings that much, have they? They still featured Bravoos this past episode even though we spent no time there.

Little Finger won one, not sure if he's really a good guy. Though both storylines had the main characters winning this week.

Davis finding the figurine and immediately connecting it to the witch seemed a bit far fetched to me... At first I thought maybe he'd mistakenly think the Boltons burned them upside down or something. I also thought Ramsey would raid their camp again since they stayed the exact same place Stannis did, though they were probably better defended.
Remember this
from last season?

We really don't know what LF has planned but he has marched the Knights right into Winterfell.
Old 06-22-16, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Littlefinger is definitely not a good guy. The war of 5 kings is basically because of him and his scheming.
Old 06-22-16, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Whoa, weird scene link.
Old 06-22-16, 06:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Draven View Post

They've been inconsistent with the credits. Sometimes they make location changes to suit the episode, sometimes they don't. It's a nitpick but it still bothers me that they use the name Dorne and not Sunspear. Losing the Flayed Man sigil for the Finale would be cool but I still fully expect to see it.
Old 06-22-16, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I was generally fine with the Hound's reintroduction, but will reserve final judgment till we see what happens with him.
Old 06-22-16, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pelenor View Post
From the preview for the season finale, when Walder Frey is toasting and saying "tell them the Freys and Lannisters send their regards", I assume he's referring to the news that the Boltons are no more and the Starks are once again the leader in the North. I'm looking forward to them supporting Daenarys claim to the throne to spite the freys and Lannisters.
Not going to happen.
Old 06-22-16, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 403 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by Toonview View Post
Seriously. I am one of those people who stopped watching the previews way back in the first season and prefer to know nothing about the next episode until I see it, so I really didn't appreciate reading the line in question here. Spoiler tags are a common courtesy folks.
I agree, though I stopped reading it since it mentioned the preview right away.

People don't seem to give a shit, unfortunately.
Old 06-22-16, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I give people the benefit of the doubt, especially those who don't post here that often and maybe they don't necessarily know all the rules, like the situation here
Old 06-22-16, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,043 Likes on 810 Posts

Sorry should have made it more clear that I was sarcastically saying little finger wasn't a good guy. Of course he's not, he set this whole thing in motion!

I was still kind of hoping for something to come of the Riverrun force, but oh well.
Old 06-22-16, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
Whoa, weird scene link.
Yea, I'm not sure why it showed up like that. I tried to fix it before to no avail. Maybe because sharing was disabled. I dunno.
Old 06-22-16, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 547 Likes on 340 Posts

Old 06-22-16, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
I give people the benefit of the doubt, especially those who don't post here that often and maybe they don't necessarily know all the rules, like the situation here
Totally, and I was trying to be instructive. It'd be great if pelenor returned to the thread and learned the system.
Old 06-22-16, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 547 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
No, it's been long enough since she left Ramsey that if she were pregnant, she'd know she's pregnant by now.
Maybe she does?
Old 06-22-16, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 403 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Totally, and I was trying to be instructive. It'd be great if pelenor returned to the thread and learned the system.
Agreed. It does seem that it was an honest mistake. That's not usually the case.
Old 06-23-16, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 104 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32 View Post
I still have faith in the show creators. From the inside episodes, it's obvious that they are just as big fans as anyone else and they are deeply invested in the characters and motivations. The Arya storyline may have a big payoff down the road. I find it all to believe that we spent all this time in Bravos for nothing.
I believe the Ayra storyline will have a big payoff in the end. You can debate the execution of the storline but it achieved it purpose, transforming an innocent looking girl into the most lethal killing machine (except a dragon) in Westoros.. She can even evade and kill another assassin. This is why I think she'll kill the Mountain. Brute force won't do it. It'll take cunning that no other fighter in Westoros has the brains to figure out. Unless a dragon toasts him like a marshmallow.

As to complaints about the lack of shocking, surprise deaths. We're in the final act now. The last 30 mintes of ROTJ or ROTK. The bad guys begin to fall like dominos while the good guys triumph.
Old 06-23-16, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 130 Likes on 107 Posts

According to the director, Ghost was originally a big part of the battle, but they didn't really have the time and money for the CGI on both Ghost and Wun Wun so they chose Wun Wun.
Old 06-23-16, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by greedoshotfirst View Post
completely disagree.
+1

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.