DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Wrecked (TBS) -- Series Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/634917-wrecked-tbs-series-thread.html)

dex14 06-14-16 06:56 AM

Wrecked (TBS) -- Series Thread

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...eb&oe=580343A2

TBS, a division of Turner, has set the premiere date for Wrecked, the network's new ensemble comedy about a group of strangers stranded on a deserted island following a plane crash. The latest in TBS's growing slate of daring new comedies, Wrecked is set to take off Tuesday, June 14, at 10 p.m. (ET/PT) with back-to-back episodes. Wrecked is a single-camera comedy that centers on a diverse group of survivors adjusting to being stranded on an uninhabited island, a dangerous new world where they must face many threats - mostly brought on by themselves. No longer plugged into the rest of the world, the group struggles to navigate their makeshift society while also learning to live without such modern comforts as indoor plumbing, Wi-Fi, social media and Chipotle.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
ˇ Ally Maki as Jess
ˇ Asif Ali as Pack
ˇ Brian Sacca as Danny
ˇ Brooke Dillman as Karen
ˇ George Basil as Chet
ˇ Ginger Gonzaga as Emma
ˇ James Scott as Liam
ˇ Jessica Lowe as Florence
ˇ Rhys Darby as Steve
ˇ Will Greenberg as Todd
ˇ Zach Cregger as Owen

CREW INFORMATION:
ˇ ??? as DIR (Pilot)
ˇ Jesse Hara as EP
ˇ Jordan Shipley as CRTR/EP
ˇ Justin Shipley as CRTR/EP
ˇ Moses Port as EP

starseed1981 06-15-16 11:43 AM

Re: Wrecked (TBS) -- Series Thread

This was surprisingly very entertaining.

fumanstan 06-15-16 11:56 AM

I forgot this started yesterday. I saw a preview of it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I'll need to remember to add it to the DVR.

PhantomStranger 06-15-16 12:34 PM

It started out decently. Funny and the characters aren't super annoying...yet. It's basically a spoof of Lost.

Jadzia 06-15-16 07:29 PM

I didn't find it as funny as I'd hoped.

MLBFan24 06-16-16 11:53 PM

I liked it. That British guy really looked like Jack (from LOST), which I'm guessing was the intention.

I didn't like those preview snippets that appeared before the commercial breaks. Thanks TBS for the spoilers. When those scenes eventually appeared in the episode, guess what, I didn't laugh because I was spoiled!

RichC2 06-17-16 08:42 AM

It's OK. Has potential but I didn't think the first two eps were all that good.

MLBFan24 06-23-16 11:22 PM

Episode 3 was hilarious. Jessica Lowe (the blonde) delivers those one-liners well. Loving this show.

Strapped4Cash 06-25-16 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by MLBFan24 (Post 12834432)
Episode 3 was hilarious. Jessica Lowe (the blonde) delivers those one-liners well. Loving this show.

Yeah, Episode 3 was awesome. I can go for years without laughing as much as I did during this one. Selma.

OldBoy 06-25-16 03:24 PM

i'm actually tuning into this and it has surprised me...

Tom Banjo 06-26-16 02:21 PM

I watched the first 3 last night. Loving it so far!

writer106 06-26-16 08:37 PM

I like this show so far. It's much better than that Clipped sitcom that TBS had on last summer.

DJariya 07-06-16 03:14 PM

Renewed for a second season: http://deadline.com/2016/07/animal-k...bs-1201783273/

writer106 07-06-16 06:30 PM

Good to hear the news.

Tom Banjo 07-06-16 07:18 PM

I'm developing quite the crush on the Asian actress, Ally Maki.

OldBoy 07-06-16 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo (Post 12843441)
I'm developing quite the crush on the Asian actress, Ally Maki.

She is damn cute and likes to show some skin. I also like the podiatrist girl. She looks familiar too...

windom 07-06-16 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 12843458)
I also like the podiatrist girl. She looks familiar too...

I think that's Ginger Gonzaga, right? I know her from Mixology and she was also recently on Togetherness.

RichC2 07-07-16 09:21 AM

Watched through episode 4, not a particularly good or funny show, but I agree the female side of the cast has a few standouts.

DWilson 07-07-16 11:03 AM

It's certainly an odd show, as it's built as a parody of one particular show. I'm enjoying it enough to follow it for now.

Count Dooku 07-07-16 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by windom (Post 12843561)
I think that's Ginger Gonzaga, right? I know her from Mixology and she was also recently on Togetherness.

Yes, and incredibly there are no pictures of her half-naked on the internet. :(

MLBFan24 07-13-16 11:15 PM

The July 12 episode was great. Took me half the episode to remember Rose's fiancé from Titanic (without looking it up on IMDb).

And the two ladies discussing rebound sex with the bamboo sticks was hilarious. Jessica Lowe (the blonde one) is filthy on Twitter haha

PhantomStranger 07-14-16 12:42 PM

It's been funnier than I expected. I love how the guy was elected leader as a joke and is now taking it seriously.

bunkaroo 07-14-16 12:52 PM

I have also enjoyed the show more than I thought I would. I'm usually pretty skeptical about any original comedies on networks like TBS or USA. I loved the whole slo-mo silent except for music part - just like Lost.

MLBFan24 07-28-16 10:44 PM

The latest episode (July 26) was top-notch hilarious. The "background actor" survivor lusting for Florence made me crack up. And Florence talking dirty to the guy guarding the supplies deserved a rewind on the DVR.

If it's not already obvious, my favorite character is Florence haha

OldBoy 07-28-16 11:22 PM

Really growing on me this show. Got better and better with each ep.