Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Ride with Norman Reedus (AMC) -- premieres 6/12/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-12-16, 06:32 AM

Received 4,555 Likes on 3,090 Posts

AMC's new original non-fiction series, "Ride with Norman Reedus" debuts Sunday, June 12th at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. The series follows "The Walking Dead" fan-favorite star and motorcycle enthusiast as he hits the open road to explore local biker culture and celebrate the best and brightest collectors, mechanics and craftsmen around the country.

On the premiere episode, California: Pacific Coast Highway, Norman and his friend Imogen Lehtonen take a ride up the California Pacific Coast Highway to check out some beach dune buggies, ride the bike of the future and drop in on a podcast.

Each one-hour installment of "Ride with Norman Reedus" will feature Reedus with a riding companion - notable guests include Peter Fonda, Robert Rodriguez and Balthazar Getty - as they journey to new destinations throughout the United States, including North Carolina, Florida, California, Nevada, Texas and Louisiana. Reedus and friends stop by various locales such as custom bike shops, tattoo parlors, collector's warehouses, or a roadside smokehouse. The series is produced by Left/Right Productions.
Old 06-13-16, 10:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Ride with Norman Reedus (AMC) -- premieres 6/12/16

Didn't Ewan McGregor do something similar to this as well?
Old 06-13-16, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgtsnake
Didn't Ewan McGregor do something similar to this as well?
Not really, Ewan did Long Way 'Round, and Long Way Down. His show chronicled his bike trips that went east to west (Scotland to New York via Russia) and North to South (from Scotland down through Africa). It was Ewan, his friend and a third rider/cameraman. The full film crew only met them at certain points during each ride. Really cool series.

Enjoyed this first show and will tune in for the rest. Doesn't hurt that I am an avid motorcyclist. I did the Pacific Coast last year from San Francisco up into Washington and back down to Santa Cruz, so it was neat to see some of the sights again.

Of course, I could do without the goofball riding antics of his guests (standing on the bike seat on the highway and that weird superman pose the girl kept doing). That's the kind of stuff that makes all bikers look like goofballs to the general public.

Last edited by SmackDaddy; 06-13-16 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-14-16, 01:58 PM
Banned

I bet your ride was gorgeous. I used to ride as well but never did the long trips like these.
Old 06-14-16, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgtsnake
I bet your ride was gorgeous. I used to ride as well but never did the long trips like these.
It was pretty fantastic. The coastal roads, the redwoods, mountains.
Old 06-16-16, 12:12 PM
Banned

Gorgeous bike. I rode a basic sportster 1200. Occasionally I'd grab my brothers Road King classic. That was a beast. I watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. Gives me the urge to grab another bike. lol

I think I'll DVR it and watch more episodes
Old 06-16-16, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

That trailer footage of Death Valley makes me want to ride out there.
Old 11-05-17, 05:58 AM

Received 4,555 Likes on 3,090 Posts

Season two of "RIDE with Norman Reedus" kicks off Sunday, November 5 at 11:00 p.m.ET/PT as part of a special two night event. In the season opener, "Spain with Jeffrey Dean Morgan," Norman and his Walking Dead cast mate ride through Spain starting in Barcelona and ending at the Falles festival in Valencia.

Then on Monday, November 6 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT, in the series' regular time slot, episode two airs featuring the legendary comedian Dave Chappelle in "Lowcountry with Dave Chappelle." In this episode, Norman and Chappelle ride from Charleston, SC to Savannah, GA, stopping along the way to experience the culture and history of Lowcountry.

"RIDE with Norman Reedus" follows "The Walking Dead" star and motorcycle enthusiast as he hits the open road to explore local biker culture and celebrate the best and brightest motorcycle collectors, mechanics and craftsmen around the country. Each episode will feature Reedus and a riding companion - a fellow actor, musician, friend or local chopper fanatic - as they journey to custom bike shops, tattoo parlors, collectors' warehouses, or a roadside smokehouse... with plenty of time for unplanned detours and tire changes.