DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Fear the Walking Dead (S2E07) -- Mid-Season Finale -- "Shiva" -- 5/22/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/634669-fear-walking-dead-s2e07-mid-season-finale-shiva-5-22-16-a.html)

DJariya 05-22-16 02:21 AM

Fear the Walking Dead (S2E07) -- Mid-Season Finale -- "Shiva" -- 5/22/16

http://images.amcnetworks.com/amc.co...ickens-935.jpg

Our family faces their greatest test yet. Nick, Travis, Madison and others go to great lengths to keep each other close.

Episode 7 of 15

AMC has not officially scheduled a return date yet. Most likely it will return sometime this Fall. They will probably announce a vague return date after this episode.

Jackskeleton 05-22-16 05:26 AM

Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S2E07) -- Mid-Season Finale -- "Shiva" -- 5/22/16

I wonder when he ditches those old man clothing?

Josh-da-man 05-22-16 08:24 PM

One interesting thing I've noticed is...

(Spoiler involves events from the Walking Dead comics)

Spoiler:
Nick seems to be bloodying himself up a lot to move among the "infected." Could this be the origin of The Whisperers? Maybe Fear the Walking Dead and/or Nick will cross over into the main Walking Dead series after they've dealt with Negan.

Jackskeleton 05-23-16 01:08 AM

What the shit was that?!?!

JZ1276 05-23-16 01:51 AM

That was a really weak season finale.

DeadLamb 05-23-16 04:58 AM

Well that kind of sucked. Ya know I really thought it would be hard to get me to dislike the characters on this show anymore but yet they keep finding ways to do it. Do they really think people want a zombie show with a bunch of angst driving teens? I guess it's an easy way to build conflict on the show when everyone is family. The normal Walking Dead +1 new stranger move of "what do we really know about him!!?" as a story line is not going to work here.

I am happy that it looks like we will not be spending 10+ eps at the non union mexican equivalent of Hershel's farm. Get the crew back on the boat or at least moving around some how.

Kind of a weak mid season final but I'm not a fan of networks running a mid season final anyways.
I will keep hate watching!!

DJariya 05-23-16 09:55 AM

Returns August 21st. Little Less than 3 month hiatus. They probably want to finish the season before The Walking Dead returns in October.

jwb0323 05-23-16 02:29 PM

Ok bear with me, I'm still not 100% sure on names...
So Daniel, he went to burn the place, was that the same place Madison locked the crazy mother in? Why didn't we see her corpse?

Madison couldn't beat nick and dragged him to the car?

She didn't go and make sure Daniel was really dead?

Chris?!! Serious, kid needs to die already!

Coral 05-23-16 05:56 PM

This was the perfect episode... for me to bail.

The drama is just so forced and uninteresting. This show is more about that bullshit than it is about survival - which is what it's supposed to be about.

Nick: "I walk among them"
Big fucking deal. Anyone can cover themselves in zombie blood and "walk among them". Nick knows the blood is what makes it possible - yet he makes it sound like he's special. Is it because he's not scared? Once again, big deal.

I'd like to thank all the people associated with this show for making me appreciate The Walking Dead a lot more than it deserves. The taste of a turd will always make a ritz cracker taste that much better.

And with that - I'm out.

auto 05-23-16 06:30 PM

See ya after the mid-season break Coarl.

hdnmickey 05-24-16 08:17 AM

Definitely a terrible mid-season finale. Unlike some others I'm going to give it the rest of this season. But if the actual season finale is as bad, I'm out too.

mphtrilogy 05-24-16 08:29 AM

Bizzarro episode.. I casually watch in the first place, but man I have no idea what they are trying to do here... Blades was the best thing about the show.. what the hell...

hdnmickey 05-24-16 08:50 AM

I hoping that bizarro stuff with Blades (Daniel) ended in this episode. As Blades put in during Talking Dead, Daniel got closure.

Giantrobo 05-24-16 11:06 AM

That moment when you realize the great job they did on Sons of Anarchy making her look like sexy and bangable...

Giantrobo 05-24-16 11:15 AM

Why are they showing whacky Cults/Cult behavior already? That's end of Season 3 type shit. Just show us how a Cali family survives over the first few weeks of the Dead Rising.

Paff 05-24-16 01:35 PM

I won't be back when the season resumes. I gave this enough of a shot, and I'm out.

Navinabob 05-24-16 03:44 PM

I liked it. I watched this season in one long binge and thought it flowed pretty well. I liked it a lot better than the weak first season. I didn't mind the cult-farm because I actually think a lot of that sorta stuff would happen. With zombies walking around clearly it suggests that supernatural is now part of the equation, and with that there are going to be a lot of people clinging to crazy shit.

Breakfast with Girls 05-24-16 06:21 PM

Did I miss something? Did Salazar go crazy in the span of one episode, or were there signs before this?

BGPu 05-24-16 07:04 PM

I thought this show was slowly improving but this finale was terrible. It tried so hard to be incredibly serious but it's all just so tedious and none of these characters are likeable. I'll probably keep hate watching myself too but this was just... ugh.

hdnmickey 05-24-16 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls (Post 12810144)
Did I miss something? Did Salazar go crazy in the span of one episode, or were there signs before this?

There was at least one other scene where he was hearing the voice of his dead wife. He seeming off in some way ever since his wife died. More and more so in each episode.

Finisher 05-24-16 08:23 PM

Could barely make it through this finale, stopped midway through four or five times.

Daniel going crazy, Chris going psycho and Madison being homicidal all at the same time just felt ridiculous. This is such a half-assed cash grab of a show. Zombie apocalypse should be foolproof.

Writers should've gone with Celia poisoning them. Would've explained away the extreme behavior shifts, also would've justified Madison killing Celia.

Will keep hate watching though. The one positive about this show is they can pretty much wipe the slate clean at any point and purge most of the cast. Would like to see Strand and Nick survive, travel to different areas.

hdnmickey 05-24-16 09:01 PM

To be fair it wasn't the first time Madison had shown that she would petty much do anything including kill people, Of all the crazy things that they did in this episode, that felt true based on what they had shown of her so far.

Barth 05-24-16 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo (Post 12809797)
Why are they showing whacky Cults/Cult behavior already? That's end of Season 3 type shit. Just show us how a Cali family survives over the first few weeks of the Dead Rising.

Agreed. This was sold as a start of the outbreak. I would love to just see people reacting for a couple seasons when and how this all started and how they would react. Most people are garage door up-garage door down type people anyway, it would be fun to see a more suburban type meltdown then we saw? I would think most people would stay in their homes, bunker down, and try to ride it out. This show did that for about 3 episodes.

Paff 05-24-16 11:09 PM

The only thing that would keep me around is Michelle Ang's character. I'd like to see her become the major villain, and in this case, we'd see how someone went from being a nobody at the onset of the apocalypse to a villainous leader. Never got that with The Governor, Negan, the Wolves, or any of The Walking Dead baddies. But I don't think they'll do that, or if they do it'll be off-screen (like anything else interesting on Fear the Walking Dead).

Koby 05-24-16 11:23 PM

So the main cast manage to wipe out another community this season. Last season they destroyed a military base to rescue Nick. This season a mexican community for... what? Daniel to get peace, and momma-bear to kill a woman influencing her son? Momma-bear really needs to figure out that her two kids aren't kids anymore and if she keeps trying to suffocate them she'll only end up pushing them away.