Reload this Page >

The Flash (S2E22) -- "Invincible" -- 5/17/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Flash (S2E22) -- "Invincible" -- 5/17/16

Old 05-19-16, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 153 Posts
Re: The Flash (S2E22) -- "Invincible" -- 5/17/16

From what I remember, when Barry was in Earth 2 Barry's house, Mom and Dad was a quick dial setting. When he talked to his Mom she didn't mention Dad still being missing.
Old 05-19-16, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Glad BLACK SIREN didn't die.
Hopefully they will give Katie a couple of guest spots next season.

Neat seeing JWS and Amanda Pays together again.
Sad-Angry that they possibily killed off Henry.
Old 05-19-16, 08:46 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I was assuming the father would be killed. That way when its revealed he's in the mask then Barry can get all emotional because he's seeing his dad alive again (even if it is alternate dad). This shit practically writes itself.

Never watched Arrow so only know who Black Canary is from the cameo she had on Flash last season. This is why I hate crossovers. I had no idea who Black Siren was when all the characters talked like she was a show regular back from the dead.
Old 05-19-16, 09:12 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifepawn
I was assuming the father would be killed. That way when its revealed he's in the mask then Barry can get all emotional because he's seeing his dad alive again (even if it is alternate dad). This shit practically writes itself.

Never watched Arrow so only know who Black Canary is from the cameo she had on Flash last season. This is why I hate crossovers. I had no idea who Black Siren was when all the characters talked like she was a show regular back from the dead.
How can you not watch Arrow when you're watching The Flash? The same characters appear regularly on each show and are referenced on a regular basis. Did you at least see the two Arrow episodes 3 seasons ago where Barry appeared (before super-speed?)
Old 05-19-16, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
How can you not watch Arrow when you're watching The Flash? The same characters appear regularly on each show and are referenced on a regular basis. Did you at least see the two Arrow episodes 3 seasons ago where Barry appeared (before super-speed?)
I don't think he's missing much.
Old 05-19-16, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, Arrow has been pretty awful at times this year. I can't fault anyone for not watching it.
Old 05-19-16, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 211 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifepawn

The problem with Barry's father is that Joe serves the role of Barry's father, -in the story and as a story-telling device. This would give Shipp's role more of a purpose, -something to contribute to the story.
Old 05-19-16, 10:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Yeah, Arrow has been pretty awful at times this year. I can't fault anyone for not watching it.
I don't. It's just that the same characters appear so frequently in both shows if you want the whole picture you really need to watch both (actually LoT too). But I agree, Arrow and LoT (even more so) just aren't very good.
Old 05-20-16, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
I don't. It's just that the same characters appear so frequently in both shows if you want the whole picture you really need to watch both (actually LoT too). But I agree, Arrow and LoT (even more so) just aren't very good.
It really has got to the point where watching any cross-overs is the only reason to watch Arrow and LoT. Sucks to be out of the loop on some of the references to previous episodes on these cross-overs, but both of the other shows are so lacking that keeping up with them has become a chore.

Only bad part of this episode the explanation of how Siren noticed that they were not from Earth 2. Even the actress that played Laurel was enjoyable for once. Really looking forward to the finale.
Old 05-20-16, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Only bad part of this episode the explanation of how Siren noticed that they were not from Earth 2. Even the actress that played Laurel was enjoyable for once. Really looking forward to the finale.
I actually didn't mind Laurel this year on Arrow. While she was improved that was largely an indictment of what they did to some of the other characters.
Old 05-20-16, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I actually didn't mind Laurel this year on Arrow. While she was improved that was largely an indictment of what they did to some of the other characters.
Laurel was just as bad as seasons past. But it was the Black Canary crap that really made me want each of her scenes to end as fast as possible. So wish they would find a way to bring the real Canary back from LoT hell.
Old 05-20-16, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Laurel was much improved this season, agreed. I don't think they were ever going to make Cassidy into Black Canary until Sara proved so popular.

It was a pretty good swerve by the Arrow producers to hint at a possible Laurel-Oliver rekindling before offing her. I actually fell for it.
Old 05-20-16, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't even know that Laurel was killed off on Arrow - judging by the comments above.

I actually caught up on Arrow till last Fall. I already missed the beginning of the season and Hulu seems to limit amount of episodes - they started on episode 5 when I caught up 4 seasons.
Old 05-20-16, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by McHawkson
I didn't even know that Laurel was killed off on Arrow - judging by the comments above.
It was made pretty clear during this last Flash episode. Another example of how, even beyond the cross-overs, it would suck not to be caught up on these CW shows each week.
Old 05-20-16, 09:40 PM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I gotta say, I didn't much care for this episode. I didn't like they killed his dad, I figured it would happen, but how many times is zoom going to take someon right in front of them? Let's eat some dinner, no let's figure out once and for all how to defeat this guy! Ugh.

And someone mentioned it, but if it is his dad under the mask, when he talked to his earth 2 mom she mentioned nothing about him being kidnapped and from what I could tell, that guy has been there a long time.
Old 05-21-16, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Who said Barry's parents were still together on E2? She may not have even known he was missing.

On the flipside though, once E2 Barry got mixed up in this you would think he would have said something (again, assuming he even knew he was missing).
Old 05-21-16, 06:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
It was made pretty clear during this last Flash episode. Another example of how, even beyond the cross-overs, it would suck not to be caught up on these CW shows each week.
Laurel's death was also referenced big time on LoT. So if you're not caught up on all 3 shows you'd clearly be out of the loop.
Old 05-21-16, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

One reference to Laurel's death about sums it up. Not sure why you need to keep up with 60 hours of shows to be 'in the loop.'

The cross-overs hit the points they need to hit.
Old 05-24-16, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

For fuck's sake...I finally get my wish for Laurel to die on Arrow and she pops up on The Flash. She'll never go away.

Thought this was a fun episode for the most part. Good stuff with the metahumans at the beginning. Though I don't know DC well enough to know if any of them were "actual" characters.

They really need the vampire equivalent of "Zoom can't get in here" in some place in their lives. Otherwise whenever any of the characters goes to sleep he could just zip in there and kill them.

Sorry to see JWS go. It was super-cool of the creators to include him. Hopefully he'll still pop up from time to time.
Old 05-24-16, 01:51 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This was by far the best the actress playing Laurel has ever been. She was insufferable and useless on Arrow. I also didn't know she had died because Arrow took a massive nosedive this season and I couldn't take it anymore.