Reload this Page >

Fear the Walking Dead (S2E06) -- "Sicut Cervus" -- 5/15/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-15-16, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Conflict erupts in a final push towards Strand's destination. Chris makes a decision that shakes the family. Nick meets a new maternal figure.

Episode 6 of 15

Next week is the midseason finale
Old 05-15-16, 04:02 PM
Admin-MemeCat

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S2E06) -- "Sicut Cervus" -- 5/15/16

Very happy I'm not wasting my Sundays watching this. It's worthy of a DVR though. I just don't care about any of these characters, I guess that's the problem. It's just not the same as TWD.
Old 05-15-16, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really enjoyed this one. Chris is an ass always but the characters are being fleshed out a bit more. Seems like a Herschel farm plot going on.
Old 05-16-16, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah, this series is slowly improving, but it the thing with the infecteds in the cell felt way to much like the farm plot from season two of The Walking Dead proper.

Another thing that bugged me were all of the subtitles for the Spanish language bits. The letters were really small, they went by quickly, and were white on top of mostly light backgrounds, making them really difficult to read. It seemed like important information was being imparted, and I'm not really sure what the hell was going on down in Tom's place. And I can't even pause to read them because the DirecTV status bar covers them up when I pause.
Old 05-16-16, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^Regarding pausing, our TiVo system has a 'Clear' button that will remove the status bar when you're paused. Maybe yours has something similar?

My old PVR (A Pace RNG200N) had similar functionality. I believe it worked with the 'Exit' button.

Chris needs to get eaten, already. I think he's even more annoying than Carl used to be, although he doesn't have the stupid hat.
Old 05-16-16, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Blah.

Definitely has the feel of Herschel's farm.

It also has the inconsistencies of TWD. Daniel's talking to the boy through a door which doesn't seem to have any glass on the window - and they can easily hear each other... but Daniel doesn't hear the 15+ walkers until he takes 3 steps inside.
Old 05-16-16, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
seemed like important information was being imparted
Pretty much everything covered in the sub titles end up being acted out theme wise on the show anyways. First part was like give me your guns or get out. Then some stuff later with the mother saying if her son was not shot in the head he "will find his way back to us some how"...

later she bitched out the guy in the kitchen about "why should he fear death old man" and that the walkers he saw were all family and children. That's about it. All setting up that they don't really view the walkers as something you just put down right away.

that said, did they really have to redo a story line about keeping your dead in a barn/locked up as we already saw on The Walking Dead? Ran out of new ideas so you just recycle that story from your other zombie show??
I'm going guess they *gasp* get out some how!?!

at least when Z Nation did the same thing they had a zombie bear damn it
Old 05-16-16, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not only was it a rehash of what has already been done in TWD, but it happened in season 2 same as TWD.
Old 05-16-16, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Once again, boring as fuck. I think I'm just going to drop it at this point. Not sure how they managed to make a show about zombie's so boring, but congrats to them.
Old 05-16-16, 11:34 PM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea, how quick I was to praise the episode from last week... then this bullshit episode happens. Uuugh, what a bunch crap. First, what the hell? Timeline, aren't we only a few weeks out from the original outbreak? Two or three months tops. Why would mom on the ranch think it's better to kill everyone and have them turn so they can possibly save them later? Way too soon before we get official word that there is no hope.

AND, seriously, wasn't this sold to us as the Los Angeles version of TWD? That didn't last very long. So, to save on production costs it'll be the Mexican Walking Dead.

The producers really shit the bed with this series. Really smells like an easy cash grab for everyone involved especially AMC. Fear blows, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I didn't even bother watching the Talking Dead and just deleted it from my DVR. Nothing Chris Hardwick can say to help save this shitty series, or my opinion of it for that matter. Even Chris is gotta be just cashing a paycheck knowing this show is complete garbage. Knocking a few points off of my respect for Hardwick. But don't hate the playa, hate the game right?
Old 05-16-16, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Another winner. I'm liking how they family dynamics are creating more stress and wonder of what's going to happen.
Old 05-17-16, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by hal9000 View Post
So, to save on production costs it'll be the Mexican Walking Dead.
That zombie piñata scene was fun. Lack of makeup on all the freshly-turned zombies, however, makes the show look low budget.
Old 05-17-16, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by hal9000 View Post
I didn't even bother watching the Talking Dead and just deleted it from my DVR. Nothing Chris Hardwick can say to help save this shitty series, or my opinion of it for that matter. Even Chris is gotta be just cashing a paycheck knowing this show is complete garbage. Knocking a few points off of my respect for Hardwick. But don't hate the playa, hate the game right?
This week they had the actress who plays Ruben Blades daughter as the guest. You know, the character that has done absolutely nothing this season except be in the background. Compelling stuff!
Old 05-17-16, 11:52 AM

Wait, why did the mom kill all those folks? Because she wants them to be zombies? I missed that
Old 05-17-16, 12:32 PM

Yeah, she sees the walking dead as the next step in "life". Always seems like folks like that push it on everyone else but themselves.
Old 05-17-16, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Originally Posted by jwb0323 View Post
Wait, why did the mom kill all those folks? Because she wants them to be zombies? I missed that
they were going to mob justice in to her compound and kill the people she has in the cellar.

Guess that town took care of their walking dead problem, guess dia de los muertos gave them more of a chance in training than other nations in taking good care of their dead? i dunno.
Old 05-17-16, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Holy fuck. Please let Chris get eaten alive soon. What a useless character.
Old 05-17-16, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by zuffy View Post
Holy fuck. Please let Chris get eaten alive soon. What a useless character.
I know, right? He just stands there and says nothing, and the whole 'I didn't do that but if I did I'm gonna kill you!"' He is an idiot. Please get eaten
Old 05-17-16, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Dropped this show. Was trying to watch episode 2 on my DVR and just gave up. Extremely boring show. Deleting the remaining episodes.

I'm still in for the original Walking Dead, so I can't wait for that to come back. When they eventualyl do a crossover episode, I guess I'll be half lost haha
Old 05-19-16, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zuffy View Post
Holy fuck. Please let Chris get eaten alive soon.
Not before he kills Madison though.