Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Game of Thrones (S6E04) -- "Book of the Stranger" -- 5/15/16

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-16, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S6E04) -- "Book of the Stranger" -- 5/15/16

I'm glad they had Sansa acknowledge that she always pretty much treated Jon like a non-entity (she was her mother's daughter in that regard). Still, it was a nice moment. It's good to get a win.

The Ramsay Bolton torture and kill hour is beyond tedious at this point. Though Osha's death I think should stop all speculation that the Small Jon has some sort of secret plan.

I guess they will make it Littlefinger's plan all along to turn Sansa over to a sociopath knowing all along that it was his opportunity to have to go save her (w/ House Arryn) and become Warden of the North.
Old 05-16-16, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
I'm forgetting: what happened to the Dothraki that were part of Drogo's group from like four seasons ago?
The ones that survived the massacre in Qarth continued on with her. We see them at the beginning of S3 when they're puking on Dany's ship. We don't see much of them after that. At any rate, there aren't many of them.

Loved tonight's ep. Jon & Sansa reuniting was epic, as was Dany taking out all the khals. She now has a huge army. Maybe she'll finally get to Westerors by the end of this season now.

I was surprised that Cersei's trial is only a few days away, which means we'll get to see the outcome shortly. Woohoo!
Old 05-16-16, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I was thinking there was an accelerant too, but the more she did it the more I thought there might have been oil in them that was spilling out as they were knocked over.
Even with an accelerant or oil (which would have reeked), there's no way a fire falling out of those candles could spread like that. So I'm wondering if Danny can sort of control fire?
Old 05-16-16, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

I don't know why the Sam/Gilly and Dorne storylines are getting so little time this season. That's the stuff I'm really interested in seeing more of.

Where's Bronn? I'm guessing we're not getting any of him this season or maybe ever.

How do the slave masters know that Varys is a eunuch? Did Tyrion introduce him as such? Can't he just be a fat bald guy with everything intact?
Old 05-16-16, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Even with an accelerant or oil (which would have reeked), there's no way a fire falling out of those candles could spread like that. So I'm wondering if Danny can sort of control fire?
She's like that character Pyro. Can't create it just manipulate it.
Old 05-16-16, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

I think Jonathan Pryce will get nominated for an Emmy. This is like his 2nd or 3rd time that he has spoken to a major character, alone, and kicked some knowledge. Each time after the people he speaks with look at him and listen to his words and understand his motives in all of it. Last week he spoke to the King and tonight's episode he spoke to Queen Margaret and how he used to make fine shoes and sell them for lots of money while becoming a degenerate.

Good stuff in that bit of dialogue.
Old 05-16-16, 12:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anomynous

She might say it was all her, but to me it really looked fake. Maybe it was because of all the special effects around her with the fire and all but her head did not match the body.

I doesn't matter at all in the slightest but i just thought it looked fake.

Amazing episode regardless!
Old 05-16-16, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonno2006
She might say it was all her, but to me it really looked fake. Maybe it was because of all the special effects around her with the fire and all but her head did not match the body.

I doesn't matter at all in the slightest but i just thought it looked fake.

Amazing episode regardless!
With the fire and all, a "digital double" of some sort had to have been used, and, yeah, those shots looked "fake". I imagine that the closer head and shoulders (and a bit lower) shots that they cut to in the scene were probably her.
Old 05-16-16, 01:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Solid episode by D&D. None of their dialogue this episode had me cringing so good on them. Impressive handling and progression of multiple plot threads, all of which seem to be coming to a head and fast. Nice bit of acting between Finn and Dormer. I like Pryce's Sparrow far more than the character as written in the book. Would've liked to have seen Sansa's reaction to Wun Wun. The speed in which the temple went up was very cheesy but oh well. Curious to see what Tyrion's endgame may be. Brienne coldly declaring that she killed Stannis was boss. Looks like we're getting the Kingsmoot next week. That was the part in the book where I started to like Asha (Yara on the show). We should get our first real introduction to Euron then.
Old 05-16-16, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
I don't know why the Sam/Gilly and Dorne storylines are getting so little time this season. That's the stuff I'm really interested in seeing more of.

Where's Bronn? I'm guessing we're not getting any of him this season or maybe ever.

How do the slave masters know that Varys is a eunuch? Did Tyrion introduce him as such? Can't he just be a fat bald guy with everything intact?
the Dorne storyline has been a mess so I am glad they are leaving it behind. Sam is going to Oldtown to be a Maester (how many years will that take?) to help Jon and take over for the old Maester at the Night Watch. But Jon is leaving the Watch so Sam's story is extraneous at the moment.

I like the season very much so far.
Old 05-16-16, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HN
Fck, haven't been hit by a reunion like that since rose/Bernard, Jin/sun in Lost.

And that ending was amazing. Dany looking strong again
Yeah the Jon and Sansa reunion really hit me. These two been through so much shit it was really nice seeing Stark kids reunite after 64 episodes.
Old 05-16-16, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, looks like several armies will be meeting at the wall. The perfect timing to have a big battle with each other before it's interrupted by the I don't give no fucks White Walkers.
Old 05-16-16, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

A few thoughts on the episode:

-Howard Stern will be happy as he has been giving the actress who plays Khalessi shit the last few years because she said she was done with nude scenes.

-I'm rooting for Cersei now to get revenge. Wow this show plays with your emotions cause she is an evil person, but I have no sympathy for the High Sparrow.

-Ramsey Bolton could be more evil then King Joffrey. King Joffrey was just evil cause he sort of enjoyed playing that role, where Bolton is just pure evil.

-Does Jon Snow and Sansa meet Arya as 'No One' sometime down the road?

-Not loving the Tyrion scenes this year, as usually he is my favorite character.
Old 05-16-16, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

It was the first thing Howard brought up as soon as the show started an hour ago.
Old 05-16-16, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Enough w/ the wicked Ramsey of the North story. It was played out so long ago.

Cool to see Sansa finally reunited w/ a family member. Didn't realize they had never interacted w/ each other on the show before until they mentioned it after the credits.

Nice to see Dany do something for a change.
Old 05-16-16, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by anomynous
Old 05-16-16, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,204 Likes on 4,231 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I think Jonathan Pryce will get nominated for an Emmy. This is like his 2nd or 3rd time that he has spoken to a major character, alone, and kicked some knowledge. Each time after the people he speaks with look at him and listen to his words and understand his motives in all of it. Last week he spoke to the King and tonight's episode he spoke to Queen Margaret and how he used to make fine shoes and sell them for lots of money while becoming a degenerate.

Good stuff in that bit of dialogue.
He's good, but Best Supporting Actor, Drama is always a very tough category. Dinklege and "Saul's" Johnathan Banks are locks every year, this year you can add Mr Robot's Christian Slater. That only leaves two or three spots for everyone else.
Old 05-16-16, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Maz Kanata
Brienne coldly declaring that she killed Stannis was boss. .
Old 05-16-16, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mwbmis
The Ramsay Bolton torture and kill hour is beyond tedious at this point.
Boltons + Karstarks + Umbers vs. Wildings + Knights of the Vale + Ironborn? If so, Boltons are fucked. Although, Sansa's "5,000" estimate is likely a bit low at this point.

Other questions / comments / speculation I have (I'll spoiler tag some of this):
Spoiler:
- I'm speculating that any remaining Lannister / Dorne / Tyrell / Kings Landing / High Sparrow business is noise compared to the return of Dany and the return of winter to the Seven Kingdoms, which is where I assume we're going.. To me, this has always been the main theme of the show: people having meaningless, bloody squabbles while far greater threats amass on the periphery.

- I assume the dragons have abandoned Dany as she wasn't acting like a Targaryen. What will it take for them to return?
- Dragons + Unsullied + Dothraki + any remaining Slavers Bay loyalists is one hell of an army for Dani. How's she going to get back to Westros?
Old 05-16-16, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Danys head seem to large for the body... it just looked weird to be her body.

Loving this season so far... I hate and love having to wait till next sunday for the next episode. =)
Old 05-16-16, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Hiro11
- Dragons + Unsullied + Dothraki + any remaining Slavers Bay loyalists is one hell of an army for Dani. How's she going to get back to Westros?
Maybe Ironborn will lend her the ships because Yara is sick of the clowns in Westoros. Maybe Varys will set up an arrangement.
Old 05-16-16, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Lastblade
Maybe Ironborn will lend her the ships because Yara is sick of the clowns in Westoros. Maybe Varys will set up an arrangement.
one of the masters, when talking to tyrion, mentioned that he had previously offered her a ton of ships to go back to westeros.

I imagine she will eventually get them as part of tyrion's deal or take them by force.
Old 05-16-16, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by csant
Danys head seem to large for the body... it just looked weird to be her body.
Clarke's only 5'2" and is sporting some massive hair.
Old 05-16-16, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Boltons + Karstarks + Umbers vs. Wildings + Knights of the Vale + Ironborn? If so, Boltons are fucked. Although, Sansa's "5,000" estimate is likely a bit low at this point.

Sansa made a comment about other Northern houses. Jon's sword would probably be a good inroads to House Mormont. Maybe we'll get House Manderly as well.

I would guess that burning Dany's fleet one episode before they reintroduce the Westeros house with the giant fleet isn't a coincidence.
Old 05-16-16, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bluetoast
I'm forgetting: what happened to the Dothraki that were part of Drogo's group from like four seasons ago?
I think they left to join other khalasars or form their own. Dany had mostly those too young, old or feeble to fight.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.