DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Game of Thrones (S6E04) -- "Book of the Stranger" -- 5/15/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/634346-game-thrones-s6e04-book-stranger-5-15-16-a.html)

HN 05-18-16 02:27 PM

Re: Game of Thrones (S6E04) -- "Book of the Stranger" -- 5/15/16

Originally Posted by Aphex Twin (Post 12805206)
Do you guys think there will be a battle scene this year that will take up the entire episode or will we get one of those lame "here's the start of the battle"..."here's how it ends"?

Both.

Small battle (big, but start and ends without seeing the majority of it):
Tyrells / Lannister vs. Faith Militant (and i predict it will end with something involving the high sparrow and his knees; and that one faith chick that reads at people is gonna get hers, too).

Big battle:
Ramsay / karstarks / umbers (at first) vs. wildlings / vale / houses still loyal to the Starks (including a turn by the Umbers).

slop101 05-18-16 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by HN (Post 12805220)
Both.

Small battle (big, but start and ends without seeing the majority of it):
Tyrells / Lannister vs. Faith Militant (and i predict it will end with something involving the high sparrow and his knees; and that one faith chick that reads at people is gonna get hers, too).

Big battle:
Ramsay / karstarks / umbers (at first) vs. wildlings / vale / houses still loyal to the Starks (including a turn by the Umbers).

Either of those could get a surprise - Danny, her Dragons, the Unsullied, Dothraki and whoever else she commands could make a surprise appearance at Kings Landing when that goes down.

And the Whitewalkers could very well show up at the Bolton/Stark fight.

HN 05-18-16 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 12805286)
Either of those could get a surprise - Danny, her Dragons, the Unsullied, Dothraki and whoever else she commands could make a surprise appearance at Kings Landing when that goes down.

And the Whitewalkers could very well show up at the Bolton/Stark fight.

i can agree on the whitewalkers scenario.

But the Dany stuff -- i don't think anyone from that storyline is getting on a boat until the very end of the season. then it'll be one of those slow reveal shots where it pulls back to show the entirety of her combined army.

(all speculation, of course, in case anyone was thinking something was being spoiled.)

davidh777 05-18-16 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by HN (Post 12804937)
i've never read the books but what Hiro11 pointed out was spelled out in season 4 when Baelish and Sansa arrive at the Vale.

Hiro was trying to explain the Vale to me after I said I wasn't familiar with the "Knights of the Vale"--like, the knights as a fighting force to be feared. I'm not a moron who doesn't know what the Vale is.

Originally Posted by HN (Post 12805293)
i can agree on the whitewalkers scenario.

But the Dany stuff -- i don't think anyone from that storyline is getting on a boat until the very end of the season. then it'll be one of those slow reveal shots where it pulls back to show the entirety of her combined army.

(all speculation, of course, in case anyone was thinking something was being spoiled.)

The whitewalkers would make total sense. I wouldn't expect Dany to be involved in a Bolton-Snow battle, but then I didn't expect Stannis to appear at the wall either.

dhmac 05-18-16 10:55 PM

Rawrist review of episode 4 is up:

Ropes Pierre 05-19-16 07:49 PM

i have to admit the phrase kings moot sounds silly and takes me out of the show. i half expect Garrett from Community to pop out of the iron borne crowd and shout KIIIIINNNNGGGSSSSS MOOOOOTTTTTT

Hiro11 05-20-16 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by HN (Post 12804937)
i've never read the books but what Hiro11 pointed out was spelled out in season 4 when Baelish and Sansa arrive at the Vale.

Also throughout the first season, particularly in season 1 episode 1.

LurkerDan 05-20-16 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by dhmac (Post 12805674)
Rawrist review of episode 4 is up:

"Bastard Bowl" :lol:

dhmac 05-20-16 09:51 PM

A video someone created showing the book version of the Pink Letter which is a bit different than the TV version (so a book spoiler alert):