Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Wolf Creek (2016) TV Mini-Series (6 episodes)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-13-16, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wolf Creek is a 2016 Australian drama horror thriller television series which screens on Stan. It is a spin-off of the movies Wolf Creek and Wolf Creek 2. The first season of Wolf Creek consists of six episodes, and was released on 12 May 2016. John Jarratt, who portrayed Mick Taylor in the films, reprises his role for the series.
Eve, a 19-year-old American tourist is targeted by crazed serial killer Mick Taylor. She survives his attack and embarks on a mission of revenge.

STAN is like Australias Netflix.
Anyway. Got through the first 3 episodes and it's pretty good. Few plot holes but overall it's very much like the movies. A lot of the cinematography is beautiful, showing the outback as if were a big budget film.
Old 05-13-16, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Wolf Creek (2016) TV Mini-Series (6 episodes)

I absolutely enjoyed Wolf Creek 2 as a horror film. It's probably one of my favorites of this decade. The actor playing Mick Taylor is great in the role. I will definitely find a way to watch this series.

http://doblu.com/2014/06/27/wolf-cre...lu-ray-review/
Old 05-13-16, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

curious if like Netflix picks this series up for the US as the 2nd movie is on there
Old 10-14-16, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Bump

U.S. premiere on Friday night (10/14) on the Pop TV network, formerly TV Guide channel.

Inspired by one of the most terrifying, cult movie franchises ever released in theaters, named one of "The 25 best horror movies since 2000" (AV Squad), one of "The 100 Best Horror films" (Time Out), and one of "The 25 Best Horror Movies Since The Shining" (Vulture), the six-part television event, WOLF CREEK, is a psychological thriller premiering exclusively on Pop on Friday, October 14 at 10:00 PM, ET/PT. In conjunction with Lionsgate Television and Zodiak Rights (a Banijay Group company), the WOLF CREEK television series on Pop stars John Jarratt, who reprises his movie role as the murdering psychopath Mick Taylor, wreaking havoc in the Australian Outback - except this time, things are different. The television series immediately turns the entire genre on its head when a 19-year-old American college student, played by rising star Lucy Fry, survives the massacre of her parents and little brother and sets out to hunt down the killer and avenge her family. Based on true events, the original WOLF CREEK movie was introduced in 2005 at the Sundance and Cannes Film Festivals before achieving global box office success and cult film status among horror fans around the world.

You can check the Pop TV website to see if you get this channel

http://poptv.com/
Old 10-14-16, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really enjoyed the movies, so I'll be checking this out.

I don't see any indication of its availability in Canada, so I'll have to acquire it myself.
Old 10-14-16, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool. Thanks for posting this. I want to see this but it looks like DirectTV only carries the Pop channel is standard definition. I don't know if I can stomach that.
Old 10-28-16, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you liked the movies, definitely watch this mini-series. Nothing has been lost in translation from the movies.
Old 10-28-16, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
If you liked the movies, definitely watch this mini-series. Nothing has been lost in translation from the movies.
But if you've seen the movies, is there really anything new to be had here to make it not just simply be more of the same thing with different actors and a made-for-TV budget?
Old 11-02-16, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
But if you've seen the movies, is there really anything new to be had here to make it not just simply be more of the same thing with different actors and a made-for-TV budget?
The series is not a remake or anything. It's the continuing adventures of Mick. The same actor playing Mick in the movies plays him on this show.