Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Celebrity Big Brother (CBS) -- discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-19, 07:10 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts
Celebrity Big Brother (CBS) -- discussion thread

<iframe width="663" height="373" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Nq3rhMDxb2w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CBS has announced the 12 Celebrity Houseguests who will star in the second celebrity edition of BIG BROTHER in the U.S. This season's cast includes Olympians, a former Heisman Trophy winner and NFL running back, a headline-making political strategist, a former teen heartthrob, a GRAMMY-nominated musician, a former WWE wrestler and an infamous Houseguest, among others. BIG BROTHER: CELEBRITY EDITION launches with a two-night premiere event Monday, Jan. 21 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) and Tuesday, Jan. 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Julie Chen Moonves returns as the host.

Expect to see:

- Jonathan Bennett
- Tamar Braxton
- Kandi Burruss
- Tom Green
- Lolo Jones
- Kato Kaelin
- Joey Lawrence
- Ryan Lochte
- Dina Lohan
- Natalie Eva Marie
- Anthony Scaramucci
- Ricky Williams

Following Tuesday's episode, CBS All Access subscribers will be able to tune in to the Celebrity Big Brother Live Feeds for an uncensored, real-time look inside the BB house. That means you can watch the Houseguests even if you're caught up on the latest episodes.

Then, all-new episodes of Celebrity Big Brother will air on the following dates and times:

- Wednesday, Jan. 23 at 8/7c
- Friday, Jan. 25 at 8/7c
- Sunday, Jan. 27 at 8/7c
- Monday, Jan. 28 at 8/7c
- Wednesday, Jan. 30 at 8/7c
- Saturday, Feb. 2 at 8/7c
- Monday, Feb. 4 at 9/8c
- Thursday, Feb. 7 at 9/8c
- Friday, Feb. 8 at 8/7c (Two-Hour Episode)
- Monday, Feb. 11 at 9/8c
- Wednesday, Feb. 13 at 8/7c (Season Finale)
I guess there wasn't a thread for the first season.
Old 01-28-19, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Re: Celebrity Big Brother (CBS) -- discussion thread

I realize nobody else is watching but that initial twist (well, the initial two twists) were the lamest ever.

Basically if you won that first comp, your ally goes on the block and you'd be forced to nominate/tick off like half the house, plus not be able to play in the next HOH comp.

Then to have someone just leave the house as a "twist" to set up a second veto competition. Ugh.
Old 01-28-19, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

The show hasn't been doing well this season; last night was the first ep that didn't lose viewers. There will be new eps Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday, I wonder if that's the original schedule, or they're re-arranging deck chairs on The Titanic.
Old 01-28-19, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

The original schedule is in the first post of this thread. The schedule has not changed.
Old 01-28-19, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by windom
The original schedule is in the first post of this thread. The schedule has not changed.
I overlooked the Saturday, which has now become sign that a show's being blown off. Nevermind.
Old 01-28-19, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
I realize nobody else is watching but that initial twist (well, the initial two twists) were the lamest ever.

Basically if you won that first comp, your ally goes on the block and you'd be forced to nominate/tick off like half the house, plus not be able to play in the next HOH comp.

Then to have someone just leave the house as a "twist" to set up a second veto competition. Ugh.
Haha, yeah there are only 11 other people in the house and Lochte had his challenge teammate plus something like 4 other people nominated at one point or another. It was no joke almost half the house.

I did hear there was some big brouhaha between some of the house-guests over the weekend. I only watch this with my daughter and she's away at school during the week so it might take me a while to see what was up and if anything came from it. Let's face it, that's the only reason to watch a show like this: to see celebriettes make asses of themselves for a few dollars and minutes of desperately craved attention.
Old 01-28-19, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Did the Mooch just punk out and quit, and production decided to pass it off as some kind of twist?

Tom Green is actually pretty boring IRL. I was hoping we’d get the old Tom Green in the BB House.
Old 01-28-19, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Did the Mooch just punk out and quit, and production decided to pass it off as some kind of twist?

Tom Green is actually pretty boring IRL. I was hoping we’d get the old Tom Green in the BB House.
We'll never know, I guess. He says he was given an end-date but no info on the twist; he was on the schedule for a meeting a few days later. Yeah, Tom Green is almost annoying in his blandness. Tamar can't get along with most anybody, -she's no one's "team player". She and Lolo Jones had a huge blow-up that apparently had the live feeds shut down for most of Saturday for some reason.
Old 01-28-19, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,889 Posts

If they shut down the feeds over a blow-up it must have been a doozy.

That, or they’re handling the celebrities with kid gloves and not letting them come off looking bad.
Old 01-28-19, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Haha, yeah there are only 11 other people in the house and Lochte had his challenge teammate plus something like 4 other people nominated at one point or another. It was no joke almost half the house.

I did hear there was some big brouhaha between some of the house-guests over the weekend. I only watch this with my daughter and she's away at school during the week so it might take me a while to see what was up and if anything came from it. Let's face it, that's the only reason to watch a show like this: to see celebriettes make asses of themselves for a few dollars and minutes of desperately craved attention.

Yeah, if you think about it, there are 10 people in the house besides him.
1 - his partner goes up. This partner is like dead in the water.
He has to nominate 2 people. If the first veto was used (which it wasn't) he'd have to nominate another one. If the Mooch was one of his picks, he had to nominate another one. If the second veto was used, he'd have to nominate another one. That's up to five people. And then none of his nominees goes home and he can't play for HoH.

If they're protecting the celebrities it must be pretty bad because both of those people come off as terrible on the show so far.

The only reason I didn't think the Mooch thing was a last minute thing was because they had him saying stupid clues throughout his time in the house, so it had to be setup. That was another thing working against Lochte, he basically had the Mooch's two closest friends in the house in that competition.

The other thing I thought was weird was everyone bagging on Dina for not following them, when there's no indication that they even talked to her and she seemed blindsided by the vote. Was she supposed to telepathically know that the whole house was voting for Jonathan? Or did I miss something?
Old 01-29-19, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

The rumor is that Mooch had a contract with the show that enabled him to walk out after one week, while still getting paid. Him leaving this early wasn't planned however and producers had to scramble fast.

Mooch is loaded, easily the richest person to enter Big Brother. So sticking around trapped inside a house with strangers on television was never really in the cards.

Old 01-29-19, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

It’s been a pretty lame season so far. I don‘t care about the few I knew about beforehand. But I’ll stick it out since it’s only like 3 weeks.
Old 01-30-19, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Did Ryan come across as slow to anyone else?

I like Lolo from The Challenge. She's competitive and I like that she stood up to Tamar, who is extremely annoying imo. Wrestler chick is also a hottie. Not much else in terms of rooting interest or strong game play beyond those two.

I know no legit celeb or even C lister will allow themselves to be locked in that house, but they have to do better than relatives of C listers (i.e. Tamar and Dina). Are ratings bad enough that this is the last hurrah for Celebrity version?
Old 01-30-19, 03:40 PM

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
Did Ryan come across as slow to anyone else?

I like Lolo from The Challenge. She's competitive and I like that she stood up to Tamar, who is extremely annoying imo. Wrestler chick is also a hottie. Not much else in terms of rooting interest or strong game play beyond those two.

I know no legit celeb or even C lister will allow themselves to be locked in that house, but they have to do better than relatives of C listers (i.e. Tamar and Dina). Are ratings bad enough that this is the last hurrah for Celebrity version?
It is commonly known that Ryan Lochte is very stupid.
I agree with you on Tamar, all she does is complain or argue. I hope she gets kicked out next.
Old 01-30-19, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by JackoOnHisBacko
It is commonly known that Ryan Lochte is very stupid.
Especially around Brazil. I was hoping maybe he was sand-bagging a little, but...nope.

Originally Posted by JackoOnHisBacko
I agree with you on Tamar, all she does is complain or argue. I hope she gets kicked out next.
Hey fellas, believe it or not she's available!
Old 02-14-19, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

And the most mediocre season I’ve seen is over.
Winner is:
Spoiler:
Tamar. It was absurd that Ricky got to eliminate 3 people when only 5 were left.