Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Kaôh Rōng (S32E13) - "With Me or Not With Me" - 5/11/16

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-16, 06:52 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
Survivor: Kaôh Rōng (S32E13) - "With Me or Not With Me" - 5/11/16

ONE CASTAWAY STRUGGLES TO OVERCOME FEELING BETRAYED BY THEIR STRONGEST ALLY, ON THE PENULTIMATE EPISODE OF "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, MAY 11

"With Me or Not With Me"- One castaway struggles to overcome feeling betrayed by their strongest ally. Also, an indulging reward might wreak havoc on one castaway, on the penultimate episode of SURVIVOR, Wednesday, May 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Merged Tribe:

Aubry Bracco

Joseph Del Campo

Cydney Gillon

Michele Fitzgerald

Tai Trang

The Brains Tribe

Peter Baggenstos (6th Eliminated)

Aubry Bracco

Joseph Del Campo

Neal Gottlieb (Medical Evacuation, 1st Jury Member)

Elisabeth Markham (3rd Eliminated)

Debbie Wanner (8th Eliminated, 3rd Jury Member)

The Brawn Tribe

Cydney Gillon

Darnell Hamilton (1st Eliminated)

Alecia Holden (4th Eliminated)

Kyle Jason (11th Eliminated, 6th Jury Member)

Jennifer Lanzetti (2nd Eliminated)

Scot Pollard (9th Eliminated, 4th Jury Member)

The Beauty Tribe

Michele Fitzgerald

Anna Khait (5th Eliminated)

Nick Maiorano (7th Eliminated, 2nd Jury Member)

Caleb Reynolds (Medical Evacuation)

Julia Sokolowski (10th Eliminated, 5th Jury Member)

Tai Trang

SURVIVOR is hosted by Emmy Award-winning host Jeff Probst and produced by SEG, Holdco, LLC. Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst are executive producers.
Old 05-11-16, 08:14 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts
Re: Survivor: Kaôh Rōng (S32E13) - "With Me or Not With Me" - 5/11/16

Beef. It's what's for dinner.
Old 05-11-16, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

You knew Joe was a goner when we're well into the second half of the episode, and the immunity challenge is nowhere in sight.
Old 05-12-16, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

So does Tai eat his idol now? He had to use it by the final five, didn't he?
Old 05-12-16, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 212 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
In the "Next Week On..." Probst specifically says Tai no longer has anything to protect him...
Old 05-12-16, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I was wondering the same thing. Seems like he can't use it this late.

Too bad for Aubry, but good for everyone else.
Old 05-12-16, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

Really hope Aubry wins it but my gut is saying Michelle will Fabio her way to a win
Old 05-12-16, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm almost positive that Michelle will win. Joe's beef cost Aubry the title.
Old 05-12-16, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DWilson
In the "Next Week On..."
Spoiler:
Probst specifically says Tai no longer has anything to protect him
Some people avoid watching those so we generally spoiler-tag that info.

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
And he said he doesn't eat meat! But I can see how it'd be tempting when you don't get much food.
Old 05-12-16, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
I hope so. Something about her makes my skin crawl.
Old 05-12-16, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Some people avoid watching those so we generally spoiler-tag that info.

That wasn't a spoiler. Tai specifically said in a conversation with Michelle that he couldn't use idol after the upcoming tribal council that never happened.
Old 05-12-16, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Also wasn't the usual next week on bit. It was the actual long Probst narrated setup for the finale.

That was the most expensive steak meal ever. Even if he only made it to the finals, which was all but a lock, he gets far more money than he got otherwise. Cydney (and my wife and I) definitely called it as we watched him chow down. We'll never understand why people do that to themselves on these challenges.

Given how badly Tai has blew it, any of the final 4 could potentially win it all. Michelle is a Klingon, but she may be a jury favorite.
Old 05-12-16, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm pretty over this season, already looking forward to the next one, hopefully a gimmick or all star-type season.
Old 05-12-16, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 212 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Quack
I'm pretty over this season, already looking forward to the next one, hopefully a gimmick or all star-type season.
It's not official, but supposedly casting put together a list of about 30 or so former players that they're looking at for one of the two seasons, a mix of people that have done several seasons already, and a few new returnees. Boston Rob wasn't on the list, but several winners were (including Sandra Diaz-Twine). This season's evacuees were also on the list. I, frankly, was bored and annoyed just reading the list. Mind you, though, it was all pretty vague and may be specious.
Old 05-12-16, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
That wasn't a spoiler. Tai specifically said in a conversation with Michelle that he couldn't use idol after the upcoming tribal council that never happened.
Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Also wasn't the usual next week on bit. It was the actual long Probst narrated setup for the finale.
That's cool, but the point still stands that some people like any future info spoiler-tagged.
Old 05-12-16, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DWilson
(including Sandra Diaz-Twine)
Oh please no. Same with Boston Rob. At least bring a new crop of returnees.
Old 05-12-16, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was surprised when I thought of all the idols this Season.

One went unused when Neal was pulled.
One went unused when Scott was blindsided.
One went unused when Joe was pulled.
Old 05-12-16, 01:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, it was Mistah Joe's fault, but still kind of ticked at the producers for making it possible.

Couldn't tell if he ate Cydney's portion since she wisely restrained herself or it there was just this huge all-you-can-eat buffet provided, but considering that they'd already had two evacuations (no pun), it seems a little irresponsible to tempt people with that much food...especially when they've been deprived for a while. Sure, they haven't starved like back in the one-cup of rice rationing seasons, but all of us have overdone it at times when we had plenty of access to food.

We've seen contestants get a little loopy from imbibing too much alcohol during reward challenges before but nothing that affected the game like this. Certainly, people have been affected by too little food, but too much? That is partially on the producers.

IMO, they should have offered a nice selection and the possibility for seconds (or even thirds) but controlled the quantities they could have of each item. If a contestant goes out on his own into the jungle and eats 40 mangoes, that's on him/her. But this was just literally sticking a danger in front of someone.

Probably not something they anticipated but hope they'll not repeat it. Although Joe should have known better, hard to say that we would have done better at age 71 after being deprived for 34 days. Joe's mental processes didn't seem as sharp the past few weeks as his stamina declined, too.

Say it ain't so, Joe.

That said, it will make for a more interesting finale. Joe was a lock for Final Three, and unless he had gone on a huge challenge run (not likely), he had almost no argument for winning unless his competition had irked too many jury members. All those remaining have a much better case, and now it's more up for grabs than ever.
Old 05-12-16, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash
I was surprised when I thought of all the idols this Season.

One went unused when Neal was pulled.
One went unused when Scott was blindsided.
One went unused when Joe was pulled.
Such a waste given I really liked this three way-super idol concept. Hopefully they keep it around for next season.

The extra vote had no impact as well. Only really good play this season was when Scot, Jason and Tai walked out of tribal (where they should have been the targets) not having to give up either of the two idols. Then they go and screw that up. So lame
Old 05-12-16, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Well, it was Mistah Joe's fault, but still kind of ticked at the producers for making it possible.

Couldn't tell if he ate Cydney's portion since she wisely restrained herself or it there was just this huge all-you-can-eat buffet provided, but considering that they'd already had two evacuations (no pun), it seems a little irresponsible to tempt people with that much food...especially when they've been deprived for a while. Sure, they haven't starved like back in the one-cup of rice rationing seasons, but all of us have overdone it at times when we had plenty of access to food.

We've seen contestants get a little loopy from imbibing too much alcohol during reward challenges before but nothing that affected the game like this. Certainly, people have been affected by too little food, but too much? That is partially on the producers.

IMO, they should have offered a nice selection and the possibility for seconds (or even thirds) but controlled the quantities they could have of each item. If a contestant goes out on his own into the jungle and eats 40 mangoes, that's on him/her. But this was just literally sticking a danger in front of someone.

Probably not something they anticipated but hope they'll not repeat it. Although Joe should have known better, hard to say that we would have done better at age 71 after being deprived for 34 days. Joe's mental processes didn't seem as sharp the past few weeks as his stamina declined, too.

Say it ain't so, Joe.

That said, it will make for a more interesting finale. Joe was a lock for Final Three, and unless he had gone on a huge challenge run (not likely), he had almost no argument for winning unless his competition had irked too many jury members. All those remaining have a much better case, and now it's more up for grabs than ever.
Yeah, I'm not blaming that one on the producers. We've seen many big feeds before, and people getting various degrees of ill afterward. That's part of the game to know what will help you and what your limits are. This was an unfortunate severe reaction, but I don't think it means that everything should be controlled.
Old 05-12-16, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm thinking Jason and/or Scot could have consumed the same meal and came away moving a little slower, but otherwise been just fine.
Old 05-12-16, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Such a waste given I really liked this three way-super idol concept. Hopefully they keep it around for next season.

The extra vote had no impact as well.
Since the season that aired before this actually took place after this, we know they didn't bring it the super idol back then.

But what did happen last season was a stronger advantage. Tai's was just an extra vote--and really had no impact. So the previous season, which took place after producers saw what happened with Tai, made the advantage an extra vote AND take away another person's vote--therefore doubling its power.
Old 05-12-16, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Since the season that aired before this actually took place after this, we know they didn't bring it the super idol back then.
I know. The point being? Not everything has to be the same each season.

But what did happen last season was a stronger advantage. Tai's was just an extra vote--and really had no impact. So the previous season, which took place after producers saw what happened with Tai, made the advantage an extra vote AND take away another person's vote--therefore doubling its power.
I liked that at as well. IMO they should use both the 3 idol/super idol and super vote twists for the next season. Especially if it's all returning players.
Old 05-12-16, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by GuessWho
It had no impact for that particular vote, but it could be pivotal in the right circumstances. I would prefer trying it again with the same power rather than keep ratcheting it up until it does work.
Old 05-12-16, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

Just finished watching and that was one bizarre Joe-centric episode.

First the challenge, where it became obvious that Joe was going to pull it out long before his last 2 tosses. Then the meal with Cydney observing that he's going to be in real trouble. And as it's been mentioned already, it seemed like a certainty that he wasn't going to make it, so we were subjected to a long drawn out description of his problem and everyone's reaction to it.

His absence does to seem to hurt Aubry more than anyone else. The only positive spin for her would be that she's getting Joe's jury vote. That's if she makes it that far, of course.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.