DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Amazing Race (S28E11) -- "That's Money, Honey" -- 5/6/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/634231-amazing-race-s28e11-thats-money-honey-5-6-16-a.html)

DJariya 05-06-16 09:02 PM

The Amazing Race (S28E11) -- "That's Money, Honey" -- 5/6/16

http://wwwimage.cbsstatic.com/base/f...8_grab_6_1.jpg

THE FINAL FOUR TEAMS RACE FOR A SPOT IN THE FINALE AND A HIGH-STAKES FOOT RACE TO THE MAT WILL MARK THE END OF ONE MORE TEAM'S JOURNEY, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," FRIDAY, MAY 6

"That's Money, Honey" (Shenzhen, China)
- The final four teams race for a spot in the finale and a high-stakes foot race to the mat will mark the end of one more team's journey, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, May 6 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan)
is the host.

Remaining Teams in THE AMAZING RACE:

Tyler and Korey

Burnie and Ashley

Sheri and Cole

Dana and Matt

Rooting for Sheri and Cole even though they're huge underdogs.

I kind of like Burnie and Ashley as well.

Next week is the season finale

windom 05-06-16 09:26 PM

Re: The Amazing Race (S28E11) -- "That's Money, Honey" -- 5/6/16

I figured they were just doing their normal trickery by making it look like Sheri and Cole actually had a chance there at the end, but somehow they actually weren't last. It looked like they were going pretty easy on them in unicycle part though. I wonder what the actual rules for that one were.

buckeyes8604 05-06-16 09:26 PM

Really thought Sheri & Cole were gone. What a huge mistake by Burnie & Ashley to switch detours.

Maybe it was cut for time, or to make it look like Burnie & Ashley were ahead for the shock at the end but I noticed the first time they were hanging the paintings the gap between them was smaller than it should have been, but the only time they showed them asked the judge, it was approved. Quite a bit of time had to pass that wasn't mentioned if Sheri & Cole pulled ahead.

SmithsGuy 05-07-16 03:26 PM

Also one wonders how far they were away from the pitstop when they left their taxi?

mwbmis 05-08-16 02:26 PM

Fuck. Don't really want to watch any of the three remaining teams celebrate the win so I'm probably out till next fall.

dfmaverick2 05-08-16 09:50 PM

Wow, can't believe Cole and Sheri made it to the final leg.

They started out as the most annoying thanks to Cole, but his mom has sort of won me over as the race has progressed.

Even though I have them in the dvdtalk game by default, I think I'd root for them over the other two teams at this point. With their fighting, Dana and Matt are unlikeable. Despite seeming fun from the get go, Tyler and Korey have been a bit smug for quite some time, so I'd like to see them get beat because of it.

mwbmis 05-08-16 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by dfmaverick2 (Post 12796550)
Wow, can't believe Cole and Sheri made it to the final leg.

They started out as the most annoying thanks to Cole, but his mom has sort of won me over as the race has progressed.

Even though I have them in the dvdtalk game by default, I think I'd root for them over the other two teams at this point.

Can you imagine the spastic fit Cole would have if they actually won?

hdnmickey 05-09-16 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by mwbmis (Post 12796301)
Fuck. Don't really want to watch any of the three remaining teams celebrate the win so I'm probably out till next fall.

Feel almost the same. But I'm taking the angle that I don't care who wins this time since I can't stand all 3 teams. In past seasons there has been one team that I cheered for real hard and felt shitty if they didn't win. Which was often.

lwhy? 05-09-16 01:27 PM

I really hope Sheri and Cole win. I would hate it if Tyler and Korey won (smug, smartasses) or Dana and Matt (horrible people) won a million dollars. I was watching this episode with my mom and she said she's going to quit watching Amazing Race if Tyler and Korey win.

Neitzl 05-09-16 02:04 PM

Sherry and Cole have grown on me a lot. Though I do like Tyler and Korey, I'll be happy if Sherry and Cole win as well. The dancers really aren't very fun to root for, since they are always fighting. I was a fan of Burnie and Ashley until this leg. Burnie seemed to me to be a hypocrite. So when I saw Sherry and Cole come in 3rd, I was actually clapping!
Great episode and unlike most of you, I am really enjoying this season!

TwineTime 05-09-16 02:25 PM

I'm liking Tyler and Korey a lot, which is funny since I came into the season pissed they were even on since I've never been a fan of Tyler.

I find it strange that so many are seeing the smug smartass thing. They seem like they're having a great time without losing their competitive edge.