Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Rivals III (MTV) -- Premieres 5/4/16

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-16, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts
The Challenge: Rivals III (MTV) -- Premieres 5/4/16

Here's the trailer for Rivals III. It will premiere on May 4th.

Sypnosis from mtv.com:

They’ve been pissed off. They’ve been wronged. They’ve been betrayed. And now they want vengeance! Rivals is back and the stakes couldn’t be higher! Twenty-six fan-favorites from The Challenge, The Real World, and Are You The One will head to exotic Mexico and be paired up with their biggest enemy! However...this time around the game has a shocking twist – players will be paired up with their rival – of the opposite sex! These guys and girls must figure out a way get over their bad blood as they compete in a series of heart-pounding challenges in order to earn a share of the massive $350,000 prize! Tempers will rise, passions will flare, and pride will be on the line in the most shocking season of The Challenge yet!

The teams for this season will be:
Ashley and Cory
Averey and Leroy
Briana and Brandon (Are You The One)
Camilia and Tony
Cheyenne and Devin (Are You The One)
Christina and Nate (Are You The One)
Jenna and Vince
Jessica and Johnny (Reilly)
KellyAnne and Jamie
Nany and Wes
Nicole and Dario
Sarah and Bananas
Simone and Thomas

Last edited by dex14; 05-03-16 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-04-16, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Battle of the Bloodlines (MTV) - premieres 12/2/15

So The Real World should still be airing when this premieres, right? Have they ever aired concurrently before?
Old 04-04-16, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by windom
So The Real World should still be airing when this premieres, right? Have they ever aired concurrently before?
I believe that they have before.
Old 05-03-16, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Heads Up new season starts tomorrow so set your DVRs. In cast news Tony got another girl pregnant. This time it's his ex Alyssa who showed up on his Real World Skeletons season.
Old 05-03-16, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Didn't realize this was starting again so soon. Should start a new thread on it
Old 05-03-16, 05:34 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Rivals III Premieres 5/4/16

There is also a warrant out for his arrest: http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/27/mtv-re...rrest-warrant/

The guy seems like a total douche.
Old 05-04-16, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm looking forward to watching this tonight. I'm glad to see Averey back.
Old 05-05-16, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why do they even bother making new seasons of The Real World if they're just gonna get new players from mainly Are You The One? I feel like there's a lot of crazy people from the past few seasons of TRW that they aren't taking advantage of.
Old 05-05-16, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Why do they even bother making new seasons of The Real World if they're just gonna get new players from mainly Are You The One? I feel like there's a lot of crazy people from the past few seasons of TRW that they aren't taking advantage of.
Maybe they're trying to get people to watch Are You The One?
Old 05-05-16, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I think a lot of the ones asked don't want to go or cant for whatever reason. They couldnt have the people on the current season as they were filming at or close to the same time. The last Real World that aired has had Tony the past 2 seasons. The rest all refused or couldn't go. The season before that has had 6 members on the Challenge. Not sure what more they can do.
Old 05-05-16, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I've never seen Ashley until this episode. Looks like Jamie went after the lowest hanging fruit possible.

I hope Bananas doesn't whine all season about the Sarah "screw job". I wonder if anyone is really on his side with that. If he's going to act like a baby the whole time this won't be a very fun season.
Old 05-05-16, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Seems like Bananas should get over it, especially since he probably has the strongest girl on the show and she easily makes them the most formidable team.
Old 05-05-16, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Seems like Bananas should get over it, especially since he probably has the strongest girl on the show and she easily makes them the most formidable team.
Just ask her.

I'm sure they'll find a way to work together. I wouldn't put much stock in him dropping Sarah after Vince had basically already won the challenge.

I'll give it John though. He manages to have drama with the right people so he can always get a good partner. I would bet that Sarah would not have been his first or even second choice among female contestants he's had drama with though.
Old 05-05-16, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel to try to justify the term "rival." Granted the prior seasons did the same thing but it seems this season is the worst of the three (in regards to being a "rival").

And lord...Jenna's ass. My god! I think I could deal with the stupid shit she says if I could wear that ass for a hat every day. Jeez!

So glad that MTV doesn't blur out t-backs anymore.
Old 05-05-16, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The cast of Are You The One? is huge 20 people (10 men and 10 women) every season as opposed to about 8 people on The Real World. A lot of the Challenge "regulars" and recent Real World Cast Members are getting married and having kids now and aren't available to be on the show. For Example: Jenny and Brian from Real World Explosion have a kid now. Madison from Real World Skeletons had a baby by Tony. Theresa, Jonna, and Jasmine all had babies too. I'm surprised they even got Sarah back since she got married. I don't have a problem with them bringing in Are You The One? people since the show needs new blood. I just wish they would bring back some of the really good looking women instead of Simone and Christina....

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
And lord...Jenna's ass. My god! I think I could deal with the stupid shit she says if I could wear that ass for a hat every day. Jeez!
I hope Jenna stays around for the whole season. I think she and Vince could be a powerful team. I'm interested to see if Vince does better than he did last year. He claimed that he was taking it easy last year....

Overall, I thought it was a good first episode. I enjoyed the shot of the Veterans watching and enjoying the Are You The One? Rookies argue.
Old 05-06-16, 02:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel to try to justify the term "rival." Granted the prior seasons did the same thing but it seems this season is the worst of the three (in regards to being a "rival").

So glad that MTV doesn't blur out t-backs anymore.
mexico is an island!

Old 05-06-16, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
I've never seen Ashley until this episode. Looks like Jamie went after the lowest hanging fruit possible.
She was actually kicked off her season of the real world. If you can, imagine what kind of colossal asshole you have to be to get kicked off of that show. Shes a pig with a horrible personality.
Old 05-06-16, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Definitely. I'm 100% certain they went with the Rivals III gimmick and the corresponding man/woman team solely to get Sarah and Bananas on the same team.

Originally Posted by Thrush
She was actually kicked off her season of the real world. If you can, imagine what kind of colossal asshole you have to be to get kicked off of that show. Shes a pig with a horrible personality.
She definitely seems awful. In the flashback scene to her RW season, did she really tell Corey that her family would "own" his? Was there something lost in translation there or was it really as horrendously racist as the flashback clip made it seem?
Old 05-06-16, 09:57 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Definitely. I'm 100% certain they went with the Rivals III gimmick and the corresponding man/woman team solely to get Sarah and Bananas on the same team.

She definitely seems awful. In the flashback scene to her RW season, did she really tell Corey that her family would "own" his? Was there something lost in translation there or was it really as horrendously racist as the flashback clip made it seem?
I think it had more to do with class than race. If I remember correctly, the conflict started with another girl and Corey was just trying to play peacemaker before she made the comment.
Old 05-06-16, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by phantom_azazel
mexico is an island!

I mentioned that to my wife and said that I could probably learn to live with her saying stupid shit like that just because of her ass. But then again, my wife's ass looked like that...um...25 years ago.

Maybe I have been putting up with the stupid shit she says because of that.

Originally Posted by Thrush
She is by far one of the most horrible people they have ever put on The Real World. And that is saying something. i watched that season and remember her well. I think my wife got sick of me mentioning what a horrible person she was when we watched it last night.

I hate to say it but you are likely spot on. And Bananas just needs to get over it. If he is going to be a whiny bitch all season (well...more than usual), it is going to get old quick. Actually, it got old in the first episode.

I watched the first season of Are You The One but missed the last two. Anyone here watch them? Were they any good? I enjoyed the chaos of the first one but I use this forum to remind me of shows coming on and no one mentioned the last two seasons which is why I missed them.
Old 05-06-16, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I watched the first season of Are You The One but missed the last two. Anyone here watch them? Were they any good? I enjoyed the chaos of the first one but I use this forum to remind me of shows coming on and no one mentioned the last two seasons which is why I missed them.
I've watched all the seasons and I enjoyed them. There are some really good looking girls on the show. The episodes are on mtv.com and the mtv app and you can stream them if you have a cable subscription to mtv.
Old 05-11-16, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I've watched all the seasons and I enjoyed them. There are some really good looking girls on the show. The episodes are on mtv.com and the mtv app and you can stream them if you have a cable subscription to mtv.
I binge watched the second season over the weekend and thought it was good. It reminds me of the Bachelor Pad shows but not as sleazy (if you can believe that).

I watched the prior challenge that had Dario and his brother on it and thought he was such a douche. I was surprised to see that in his season of AYTO that he was actually one of the most likeable guys on that season. I wonder if MTV asked him to increase the douche factor or if that came out due to his brother being on with him?

On to season 3 of AYTO. I love dating shows for some odd reason. I know it is a new generation but it just stuns me how people have sex on the first night and then think nothing of it. One chick in the middle of the second season just announces at the lock-in ceremony (or whatever you call it) that she gave head to a guy the prior night. And she wasn't even a match with the guy and had to go date some other guys.

If I was on that show, that would be my kryptonite. I just couldn't hook up or kiss some chick knowing she fucked or gave a blowjob to a different dude the night before. And it is a guy I am living with and seeing everyday. Just weird.

And the amount of chicks these young dudes were claiming to have sex with. Jeez. 25 year olds and younger claiming to have had 50 to 100 partners. Growing up in the AIDS generation did not have those kind of perks.
Old 05-11-16, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If I was on that show, that would be my kryptonite. I just couldn't hook up or kiss some chick knowing she fucked or gave a blowjob to a different dude the night before. And it is a guy I am living with and seeing everyday. Just weird.

And the amount of chicks these young dudes were claiming to have sex with. Jeez. 25 year olds and younger claiming to have had 50 to 100 partners. Growing up in the AIDS generation did not have those kind of perks.
I hope they std test the contestants on AYTO and the Challenge like the do on The Bachelor. The new AYTO season will start on Monday June 13th 10/9C. So we should have episodes of AYTO and the Challenge concurrently. Here's the trailer for it:

I'm looking forward to the episode tonight. Hopefully there will be a good fight in the elimination pit.
Old 05-12-16, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: The Challenge: Rivals III (MTV) -- Premieres 5/4/16

I'm going to miss seeing Averey.

The new twist of the winner sending in two teams for elimination is going to be bad for a lot of team's strategy since you have a chance of both the teams you sent in coming back and being mad at you.
Old 05-12-16, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: The Challenge: Rivals III (MTV) -- Premieres 5/4/16

Didn't Leroy get sent home early last season because his cousin was injured? Dude has terrible luck lately.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.