DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Amazing Race (S28E10) -- "Monkey Dance!" -- 4/29/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/634137-amazing-race-s28e10-monkey-dance-4-29-16-a.html)

DJariya 04-29-16 10:35 PM

The Amazing Race (S28E10) -- "Monkey Dance!" -- 4/29/16

http://wwwimage.cbsstatic.com/base/f...3_grab_6_0.jpg

THE COMPETITION HEATS UP WHEN THE FINAL FIVE TEAMS FACE A DOUBLE U-TURN, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," FRIDAY, APRIL 29

"Monkey Dance!" (Lembongan Island, Indonesia)
- Racers embark on a gut wrenching, 40-foot plunge and teams make a difficult decision when faced with a double U-turn, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan)
is the host.

Remaining Teams in THE AMAZING RACE:

Tyler and Korey

Burnie and Ashley

Sheri and Cole

Dana and Matt

Brodie and Kurt

rbrown498 04-30-16 07:34 AM

Re: The Amazing Race (S28E10) -- "Monkey Dance!" -- 4/29/16

That was probably the best use of a double U-turn in the history of the show, in the context of achieving the desired effect. And just when I was beginning to warm to the frisbee guys.

Like him or not, Cole's remark after the cliff dive was the best line of the episode.

With Brodie and Kurt gone, it's anybody's game now...although I think that Tyler and Korey still have the best shot at winning it.

Josh-da-man 04-30-16 06:31 PM

I'm sort of surprised that it's within the rules to use the U-turn a team that's already used the U-turn.

I don't recall that move ever being done before, and it's a solid strategy.

Bill Needle 04-30-16 07:55 PM

Frisbee guys had no chance since after the U-turn it was a parade to the finish.

hdnmickey 05-01-16 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 12790390)
I'm sort of surprised that it's within the rules to use the U-turn a team that's already used the U-turn.

The intent is to allow teams to actually make a mistake by u-tuning a team that is actually ahead of them. But like so many other well indented rules, it also can backfire on the show as teams figure out the loophole the way they did.

More often than not the teams don't fully know the placing of those around them. I think this one partially got screwed up because nobody chose to do the seaweed. Oddly enough that seemed like it would have (on average) went faster and was less physically taxing.

My surprise is always the number of teams that don't use the u-turns It's a game folks. And it's a game where the team that u-turned can't vote you out.

SmithsGuy 05-01-16 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 12790390)

Same here. Once a team uses it, they should remove them from the U-turnable stack ...

mwbmis 05-01-16 03:05 PM

It's been done before. Still think it's unfair.

It was actually first done by the annoying twins who used convinced other teams to do it to get out the most competitive couple. They had fallen way behind b/c they got screwed at the airport. Ironically, the team that got saved b/c of it, the goat farmers, ended up winning the whole race.

Josh-da-man 05-01-16 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by mwbmis (Post 12790781)
It's been done before. Still think it's unfair.

It was actually first done by the annoying twins who used convinced other teams to do it to get out the most competitive couple. They had fallen way behind b/c they got screwed at the airport. Ironically, the team that got saved b/c of it, the goat farmers, ended up winning the whole race.

From what I recall in that case, the second U-turn was used on a team that the U-turners knew were already past the U-turn, not the team that used the first U-turn.

mwbmis 05-01-16 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 12790793)
From what I recall in that case, the second U-turn was used on a team that the U-turners knew were already past the U-turn, not the team that used the first U-turn.

No. And I had to look this up to get the names. James and Jaymes U-Turned Abbie and Ryan. Trey and Lexie then U-Turned James and Jaymes.

The goat farmers were saved by Abbie and Ryan's having to do both halves of the detour and then beat those two teams at the nearly impossible last task to win the AR.

DJariya 05-02-16 02:05 AM

Just got caught up after falling weeks behind. Binged the last 8 episodes over the last 2 days.

Anyways, not one of my favorite seasons, but it's grown on me. I've actually grown to like Sheri and Cole. They're huge underdogs right now, but I'm kind of rooting for them to take it.

Kevin M. Dean 05-02-16 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey (Post 12790682)
I think this one partially got screwed up because nobody chose to do the seaweed. Oddly enough that seemed like it would have (on average) went faster and was less physically taxing.

Wasn't the Seaweed the U-turn that only the frisbie guys had to do?

hdnmickey 05-02-16 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean (Post 12791779)
Wasn't the Seaweed the U-turn that only the frisbie guys had to do?

The frisbie guys were the only team to do it because they were u-turned. All others initially had the choice to do seaweed or chicken/coconuts and all chose the same side of the challenge. The point was had they split up, it's very possible they would not have known the order the teams were in throughout the day. But at that bridge is was completely obvious as they all passed by each other.