DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Kaôh Rōng (S32E11) -- "It's a 'Me' Game, Not a 'We' Game" -- 4/27/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/634116-survivor-ka%F4h-rng-s32e11-its-me-game-not-we-game-4-27-16-a.html)

DJariya 04-27-16 04:53 PM

Survivor: Kaôh Rōng (S32E11) -- "It's a 'Me' Game, Not a 'We' Game" -- 4/27/16

http://wwwimage.cbsstatic.com/base/f...11_sg_0003.jpg

ONE CASTAWAY HOLDS THE KEY TO INDIVIDUAL IMMUNITY AND GUARANTEES THEMSELVES A SHOT AT THE FINAL SIX, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27

"It's a 'Me' Game, Not a 'We' Game"- One castaway holds the key to individual immunity and guarantees themselves a shot at the final six. Also, after a shocking tribal council, a fractured alliance may not be able to be restored, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, April 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Merged Tribe:

Aubry Bracco

Joseph Del Campo

Cydney Gillon

Kyle Jason

Michele Fitzgerald

Julia Sokolowski

Tai Trang

The Brains Tribe

Peter Baggenstos (6th Eliminated)
Aubry Bracco

Joseph Del Campo

Neal Gottlieb (Medical Evacuation, 1st Jury Member)
Elisabeth Markham (3rd Eliminated)
Debbie Wanner (8th Eliminated, 3rd Jury Member)
The Brawn Tribe

Cydney Gillon

Darnell Hamilton (1st Eliminated)
Alecia Holden (4th Eliminated)
Kyle Jason

Jennifer Lanzetti (2nd Eliminated)
Scot Pollard (9th Eliminated, 4th Jury Member)
The Beauty Tribe

Michele Fitzgerald

Anna Khait (5th Eliminated)
Nick Maiorano (7th Eliminated, 2nd Jury Member)
Caleb Reynolds (Medical Evacuation)
Julia Sokolowski

Tai Trang

brainee 04-27-16 10:00 PM

Re: Survivor: Kaôh Rōng (S32E11) -- "It's a 'Me' Game, Not a 'We' Game" -- 4/27/16

I'm guessing this was one of those "shell game" episodes by the editors. They tried to shuttle things to give the illusion of suspense, but in the end everything goes exactly how the dominant alliance wanted from the start.

Not a particularly noteworthy episode for me. Challenges weren't very interesting. A lot of talking, but no real moves happened. At this point, I think I'm most emotionally vested with Mark the chicken. If Tai gets voted out, he's literally dead! :eek:

creekdipper 04-27-16 10:47 PM

Re: Survivor: Kaôh Rōng (S32E11) -- "It's a 'Me' Game, Not a 'We' Game" -- 4/27/16

The most interesting thing was that there are two members from each original tribe left.

Are there just two episodes left? Don't they usually whittle it down to five, and then have the finale (since they went to three finalists)?

Is next week the last chance to use an idol?

Will certain contestants be kept around not because they're deserving but because they'll be easy competition at Final Tribal?

Will the producers pick a challenge that will favor the strengths of "certain contestants" they'd like to stick around as long as possible?

Will Mark the Rooster be the Ultimate Survivor?

Will Scot and Kyle announce their engagement at the reunion show?

brainee 04-27-16 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by creekdipper (Post 12788297)
Will Mark the Rooster be the Ultimate Survivor?

I want to see Mark at the reunion show.

AaronHernandez 04-28-16 12:16 AM

I was hoping Tai would have been blindsided and that Julia would eat Mark the chicken next week.

wirefan 04-28-16 12:21 AM

I think they made a mistake not making a move on Tai tonight.

He's got to survive 3 more TC's (assuming a final 3); the immunity idol and extra vote should get him past the next two votes (he needs one ally at F5 to force a tie with the double vote, or he can use it at F6 if the alliance splits the vote to flush out his idol, and save the immunity for F5). Then he basically just needs to win what ever endurance challenge they tee up for him at the final 4.

They could have picked off Julia and Jason more easily the next 3 votes.

Cardsfan111 04-28-16 01:12 AM

Joe has all but disappeared in this game. Except for clips of him saying he's out of gas. :lol:

creekdipper 04-28-16 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 12788362)
Joe has all but disappeared in this game. Except for clips of him saying he's out of gas. :lol:

Yep, we commented the same thing to each other while watching. Probst doesn't even bother to address him any more at TC.

Joe was awfully impressive for somebody in his 70's, but the physical toll finally caught up to him a few weeks back and he "hit the wall." Now he's just coasting, and it seems that he's destined for a spot in the Final 3 if they want to take easy competition.

Joe hasn't made a lot of enemies, but his physical game has disappeared (he's usually among the first out at challenges), he hasn't made any big moves, and he just does what he's told (and makes it obvious by asking, "So who are we voting for?" each time). The comment about him being a puppy dog and staying put is telling; unless he's playing possum (not likely) or catches a second wind, he can't argue that he's done anything to deserve to win other than to be a non-factor & predictable vote.

Good thing for him that the game's coming to a close...I don't think he could last much longer. Old Rudy at age 72 was still going strong back in Season One, and they were living on a starvation diet back then.

creekdipper 04-28-16 01:33 AM

Loved Aubry's wide-eyed expression when Tai grabbed her head from behind & pulled it to the side to whisper in her ear at TC.

DWilson 04-28-16 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by brainee (Post 12788268)
I'm guessing this was one of those "shell game" episodes by the editors. They tried to shuttle things to give the illusion of suspense, but in the end everything goes exactly how the dominant alliance wanted from the start.

Not a particularly noteworthy episode for me. Challenges weren't very interesting. A lot of talking, but no real moves happened. At this point, I think I'm most emotionally vested with Mark the chicken. If Tai gets voted out, he's literally dead! :eek:

I found myself actually rooting for Mark The Chicken (possibly because his name is "Mark" and not "Clucky" or something regional, -its just so idiosyncratic). The editors have done a nice job of getting "reaction shots" from Mark.

Josh-da-man 04-28-16 07:17 AM

If Joe makes it to the final theee it will be because everyone forgot he's there.

Jeremy517 04-28-16 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by creekdipper (Post 12788366)
Loved Aubry's wide-eyed expression when Tai grabbed her head from behind & pulled it to the side to whisper in her ear at TC.

I can't believe she didn't take that opportunity to try to flush out Tai's idol.

hdnmickey 04-28-16 12:59 PM

Joe is definitely the Klingon this season.

Sorry to see Julia go, but the players saw what the fans saw. She was a bigger threat than Tai and Jason.

Cardsfan111 04-28-16 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremy517 (Post 12788642)
I can't believe she didn't take that opportunity to try to flush out Tai's idol.

If given time to think about it, I believe she might have done so. Tai's question seem to come out of nowhere. I know I was surprised by it. She probably was as well.

Strapped4Cash 04-28-16 01:55 PM

I would have liked to have seen Michelle aware enough of where the game was at to throw the immunity challenge to Julia. It would have been a risk, but her perspective and the edits made it seem that she was safe. If Julia had gotten the immunity, then that would have been a much better option for Michelle going forward, with Jason going home instead, and three beauty members remaining.

Finisher 04-28-16 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremy517 (Post 12788642)

Aubry probably wants Joe and and Tai in the final three with her. Tai isn't getting votes from Scott or Jason.

Tai is such a goof. As if Aubry was going to be honest if they were booting him.

hdnmickey 04-28-16 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Finisher (Post 12788866)
Tai is such a goof. As if Aubry was going to be honest if they were booting him.

Maybe not. After the initial surprise, it was possible for Tai to determine by her reaction that she was not part of a solid plan to vote him out. It was a risk, but it seemed to be worth it. Had she given him a quick snap answer either way, I suspect he would have played it.

Jeremy517 04-28-16 03:42 PM

Aubry probably wants Joe and and Tai in the final three with her. Tai isn't getting votes from Scott or Jason.

Tai is probably the only one that can beat her at this point. Taking him to the end would be bad even if she ended up getting more jury votes than him.

I don't think he was asking Aubry if she was going to betray him, but instead was asking whether she thought Michele and Cydney were going to betray him.

davidh777 04-30-16 01:12 AM

What, no jokes about Cydney wanting the fried chicken? ;)