DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Fear the Walking Dead (S2E03) -- "Ouroboros" -- 4/24/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/634082-fear-walking-dead-s2e03-ouroboros-4-24-16-a.html)

DJariya 04-24-16 06:43 AM

Fear the Walking Dead (S2E03) -- "Ouroboros" -- 4/24/16

http://images.amcnetworks.com/amc.co...re-800x600.jpg

Madison confronts Strand about his mysterious destination. Nick, Alicia, and others inspect wreckage from a plane crash.

Episode 3 of 15

Now airing at the same time as Game of Thrones. I'm guessing most in this forum won't be rushing to watch this right away, let alone live. :D

Koby 04-24-16 03:56 PM

Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S2E03) -- "Ouroboros" -- 4/24/16

I don't think it's very smart to run anything in the same time slot as Game of Thrones.

VHS? 04-24-16 10:24 PM

I would totally wait for the hoard or walkers to come at me from WAAAAAAAYYYYY over there and then start shooting rather than getting everyone to the boat ...

Cellar Door 04-24-16 11:04 PM

Yeah, that whole beach scene was beyond stupid, from Chris wandering off on his own, to Nick slipping down into the ravine, to the group letting themselves get cornered, to Nick's face-to-face snarling contest with the walker.

jwb0323 04-24-16 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cellar Door (Post 12785623)
Yeah, that whole beach scene was beyond stupid, from Chris wandering off on his own, to Nick slipping down into the ravine, to the group letting themselves get cornered, to Nick's face-to-face snarling contest with the walker.

So now they figured out they can cover themselves in zombie goo and not get detected, I guess?

jwb0323 04-24-16 11:11 PM

At this point, they could just throw strand off the boat if they wanted to...he is outnumbered

gcribbs 04-24-16 11:19 PM

So far seems like they wasted that actress from the Flight.

windom 04-24-16 11:57 PM

Nick falling the pit gave me the biggest laugh I've had in awhile. Then again when the zombie fell into the pit on top of him.

Jackskeleton 04-25-16 02:31 AM

The moment he put on the sun dress style hat and then the captain's shirt, I was on board with them just ramping his stupid outfit choices up to 11. I was then let down that they didn't stick with them and he's probably going to go back to old man jacket because... this show.

So glad i didn't bother with that flight web series or I'd be annoyed right now that it was all for... well, whatever the fuck that was suppose to be. Ha

Josh-da-man 04-25-16 02:55 AM

God, this is boring. Total shitshow.

I don't know if I'll even bother finishing out the season.

The Manawa family is just so boring and stupid... it's like they built this series around the redshirt background characters that that get eaten on the regular series.

This thing is so bad it's going to dilute the brand and make the audience lose interest in the The Walking Dead proper. It also didn't do itself any favors with that godawful forced Negan cliffhanger.

Baron Of Hell 04-25-16 03:27 AM

I liked this episode for the most part. Going off alone on the beach was dumb though.

DeadLamb 04-25-16 05:12 AM

It's not very good but I'm still intrigued by the idea of zombies + boat and how you go about making an entire season out of that.

as for this ep.. The going ashore is always going to seemed forced but they just have to keep doing it or they will never really run into any zombies story line wise. I'm going to guess they ditch the boat in a few more eps and it's all about over land travel in Mexico.

DWilson 04-25-16 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by DeadLamb (Post 12785724)
It's not very good but I'm still intrigued by the idea of zombies + boat and how you go about making an entire season out of that.

I imagine it'll be a variation of a "on the road" plotline, where each week they stop in a setting, until they get to the mysterious location they're be lead to (which will be the mid-season -or maybe even season, -cliff-hanger.

gcribbs 04-25-16 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton (Post 12785695)
The moment he put on the sun dress style hat and then the captain's shirt, I was on board with them just ramping his stupid outfit choices up to 11. I was then let down that they didn't stick with them and he's probably going to go back to old man jacket because... this show.

So glad i didn't bother with that flight web series or I'd be annoyed right now that it was all for... well, whatever the fuck that was suppose to be. Ha

Yeah I regret watching the Flight webseries now.

What a waste of my time. Plus they put the episodes out in the most annoying of ways.

Koby 04-25-16 12:41 PM

Surely that women and/or kid make a re-appearance; otherwise that was just dumb.

This whole episode felt like it lasted too long. 10 minutes worth of gimmicks that was paced to last an entire episode of what amounted to going on an island to dig through luggage for things they could utilize, all the while making dumb choices along the way.

I saw it right off that Nick was going to fall down... that entire little skirmish was laughable. Seems he's now learned that he can disguise himself in zombie guts though. So I suppose it wasn't all for naught, unless he just never brings it up with the group and totally forgets about it because of 'plot-convenience'. So is druggie going to become the groups medical advisor on what pills do what?

TGM 04-25-16 05:41 PM

everyone in this show with a pulse is dining on retard sandwiches.

Jackskeleton 04-25-16 06:16 PM

I just want to see the dumb ass always wear blood on his face, that stupid captain's bloodied shirt under his grandpa jacket and that spring hat. Let that be his uniform as he runs around magically finding pills where ever he goes.

Coral 04-25-16 06:21 PM

I'll agree with all the thoughts already posted.

The searchers were told to be very quick multiple times, but you just see them slowly picking their way through luggage, and examining things and reminiscing.... and very slowly walking like grandma on a Sunday walk. So much for urgency.

I guess Chris will eventually be fucked in the head because of the trauma he's experienced... ie. dead mother, killing someone, killing many walkers, etc.

The beach scenario was ridiculous. Creating really dumb decisions by characters to generate drama. Similar complaint to TWD.

The one thing this show has going for it is that it makes me appreciate TWD more - issues and all. FTWD so far is very boring and irritating. Even the action scenes aren't very exciting.

FTWD makes TWD look like Breaking Bad.

Breakfast with Girls 04-25-16 07:03 PM

Some predictions...

I still think Madison is being set up to eventually become the Rick of the group after Travis inevitably bites it. Then Chris will go really nuts and he will end up dead, too. They'll keep at least one younger woman on the series, so either that's Ofelia, Alicia, or Alex (this isn't the last we've seen of Alex). My guess is Alicia will stick around just long enough to make a series of really terrible decisions that eventually get herself and others killed.

Eventually, if this show makes it past a third season (I think it's probably guaranteed at least one more), my guess is that the cast will be whittled down to Madison, Nick, Salazar, Ofelia, Alex, maybe Alicia, and whomever new they introduce. I don't think Salazar will last long after Ofelia is gone.

Yes, I had to look up all their names.

Deftones 04-25-16 07:57 PM

This show is so bad but I can't stop watching. I wish Strand would kill everyone off and wander the earth like Caine from Kung Fu.

mcnabb 04-25-16 08:10 PM

I haven't watched a Talking Dead Episode, but what can they really analyze for an hour, or even 30 minutes?

TWD atleast has good character development so you can debate their motives and arc, but this show is so devoid of any character development.

Hardwick must be kissing ass all 60 minutes to keep it interesting.

Cellar Door 04-25-16 09:03 PM

I tried to watch Talking Dead after this show, but I got bored after about 10 minutes both times.

Abob Teff 04-25-16 09:21 PM

Prediction: (not based on the comic books) Airplane girl will come back as a bad guy.

Realization: Talking Dead was good for one thing ... I thought Airplane Girl was cute. TD corrected me, she is hot as hell!

mnementh 04-25-16 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Abob Teff (Post 12786499)
Realization: Talking Dead was good for one thing ... I thought Airplane Girl was cute. TD corrected me, she is hot as hell!

Yup, I now want to see her previous work. Too bad she doesn't have her accent on FTWD.

Paff 04-26-16 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by mnementh (Post 12786501)
Yup, I now want to see her previous work. Too bad she doesn't have her accent on FTWD.

I just realized she was the female lead in My Wedding and Other Secrets, a comedy I saw at a film festival around 5 years ago