DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S3E17) -- "The Team" -- 4/19/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/634024-marvels-agents-s-h-i-e-l-d-s3e17-team-4-19-16-a.html)

DJariya 04-19-16 03:08 PM

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S3E17) -- "The Team" -- 4/19/16

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...52&oe=577A785C

SECRET WARRIORS ASSEMBLE, ON "MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D." ON ABC

"The Team" - Agent Daisy Johnson must call upon the Secret Warriors for an inaugural mission that will leave no member unscathed, and S.H.I.E.L.D. learns more about Hive's powers, forcing them to question everyone they trust, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," TUESDAY, APRIL 19 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Agent Lance Hunter, Adrianne Palicki as Agent Bobbi Morse, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso "Mack" MacKenzie and Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell.

Guest starring are Juan Pablo Raba as Joey Gutierrez, Powers Boothe as Gideon Malick, Natalie Cordova-Buckley as Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez, Mark Dacascos as Giyera, Gabriel Salvador as Lucio and Rob Silverman as Kevin.

"The Team" was written by DJ Boyle and directed by Elodie Keene.

Episode 17 of 22

Krayzie 04-19-16 10:06 PM

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S3E17) -- "The Team" -- 4/19/16

argh, the dvr cut off the end due to all the voting result updates...

whotony 04-19-16 10:51 PM

Yeh anything happen after the We'll return in a moment?

Goldberg74 04-19-16 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 12781549)
Yeh anything happen after the We'll return in a moment?

Hive/Ward and the Chairman chat for a bit and smile... and something about going shopping. ;)

Red Hood 04-19-16 11:06 PM

Where's Deathlok? I thought he could join the team as one of the Secret Warriors. I also wish that the Secret Warriors were a little bit more closer to their comic book counterparts.

Baron Of Hell 04-20-16 02:03 AM

I loved this episode. The inhumans were acting kind of dumb though but it was believable dumb.

Krayzie 04-20-16 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 (Post 12781559)
Hive/Ward and the Chairman chat for a bit and smile... and something about going shopping. ;)

They're gathering all the inhumans for the annual Iron Chef face off.

Lifepawn 04-21-16 02:19 PM

I feel like the entire plot of this episode has been done before on this same show.

mike7162 04-21-16 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lifepawn (Post 12783312)
I feel like the entire plot of this episode has been done before on this same show.

Hell, I think they've done this twice already!

Eric F 04-22-16 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Red Hood (Post 12781566)
Where's Deathlok? I thought he could join the team as one of the Secret Warriors. I also wish that the Secret Warriors were a little bit more closer to their comic book counterparts.

Deathlok is getting ready to join the Justice League.:lol:

PhantomStranger 04-22-16 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 12783841)
Deathlok is getting ready to join the Justice League.:lol:

He's replacing Cyborg in the Teen Titans.:D

Easy 04-22-16 10:48 PM

The Network and/or local affiliate fucked up this broadcast so profoundly it was unwatchable. I have never seen worse.

Jackskeleton 04-23-16 04:36 AM

Oh Agents of shield. how many times can we go over this same plot point over and over and over again.

I wish the secret warriors was a bit more like the comics. Foolish me in thinking that with the set up they had, they could do something good with it. Oh that pesky budget issue.

Goldberg74 04-24-16 10:02 AM

INHUMANS NO LONGER HAS A RELEASE DATE
POSTED BY VALERIE COMPLEX ON APRIL 22, 2016

Ch-ch-changes! After reports from Twitter that Marvel Phase 3 film, Inhumans—slated for 2019—was pushed with no release date in sight, we here at Nerdist can now confirm that to be true.

Though the news is not a total surprise, as on April 11, 2016, Kevin Feige spoke with Entertainment Weekly and explained that he expected the film to be pushed back. Today is the first confirmed indication from Marvel/Disney.

Why the change of heart? Well, since the announcement of the Marvel film slate in 2014, there have been a lot of changes. The release dates of Captain Marvel and Black Panther were shifted to make way for new projects such as Thor: Ragnarok, and Spider-Man: Homecoming in 2017. Recently, Marvel also announced a sequel to the 2015 Ant-Man film, Ant-Man and Wasp. In addition, Disney has a few films of their own releasing within this time frame, so in order to not create friction, the Inhumans movie was moved.

Feige confirmed with Collider that the Inhumans film will still happen, he is just not sure when:

“Since we made our initial phase three announcement, we added Spider-Man, which was a big joyous coup for us. We added Ant-Man and the Wasp, which was a big fun continuation of that story for us. Walt Disney Company has announced an Indiana Jones film for right around that same time. So I think it will shuffle off the current date that it’s on right now. How far down it shuffles, I’m not sure yet.”

If you watch Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., you already know they introduced the Inhumans by way of one of the main characters, Chloe Bennett. However, that only scratches the surface on the Inhumans. In fact, the Inhumans are a royal family of meta-humans lead by the king and queen of their species, Black Bolt and Medusa. Their powers originate from the Terrigen Mists, as younger members must travel into the mist to obtain their power.

Feige is a huge fan of the Inhumans series and has been pushing for a film since the very beginning, so we’re far from ready to give up hope just yet.

http://nerdist.com/inhumans-no-longe...-release-date/
I wonder if Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. had more to do with it than anything else. ;)

Eric F 04-24-16 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 (Post 12785274)
I wonder if Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. had more to do with it than anything else. ;)

Doubt it. With Ant-Man & Wasp and Spider-Man: Homecoming having set release dates, moving The Inhumans to Phase 4 seems appropriate.

The question remains how they're going to keep Inhumans storyline on S.H.I.E.L.D. going without access to the Inhuman royalty?

Goldberg74 04-24-16 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 12785285)
The question remains how they're going to keep Inhumans storyline on S.H.I.E.L.D. going without access to the Inhuman royalty?

... and with Daisy's "space vision" I wonder if that's where they're headed.