DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Amazing Race (S28E07) -- "Welcome to Bloody Fingers 101" -- 4/8/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/633882-amazing-race-s28e07-welcome-bloody-fingers-101-4-8-16-a.html)

DJariya 04-08-16 02:06 PM

The Amazing Race (S28E07) -- "Welcome to Bloody Fingers 101" -- 4/8/16

http://wwwimage.cbsstatic.com/base/f...ast-header.jpg

TEAMS TRAVEL TO THE COUNTRY OF GEORGIA WHERE THEY LEARN HOW TO MAKE A TRADITIONAL CANDY AND GO DEEP INTO THE TRENCHES AT AN OLD WINERY, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," FRIDAY, APRIL 8

"Welcome to Bloody Fingers 101" (Tbilisi, Georgia)
- Teams travel to the country of Georgia where they learn how to make a traditional candy and go deep into the trenches at an old Georgian winery, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, April 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan)
is the host.

Remaining Teams in THE AMAZING RACE:

Tyler and Korey

Burnie and Ashley

Sheri and Cole

Zach and Rachel

Dana and Matt

Scott and Blair

Brodie and Kurt

mwbmis 04-10-16 02:21 PM

Re: The Amazing Race (S28E07) -- "Welcome to Bloody Fingers 101" -- 4/8/16

Some dubious racing decisions. Tyler and Korey deserved to go home for switching detours like they did. Scott and Blair deserved to go home just for having him do the dance.

Blair was attractive but annoying. The "race romance" forced into every episode was even more annoying. Won't miss them.

hdnmickey 04-10-16 03:06 PM

It seemed like Blair is extremely lazy and avoided anything that looked the least bit difficult or physically demanding. She deserved to get booted weeks ago.

And like every arbitrary judging challenge they were far easier on the last teams to finish. Goes for both the dancing and wine vat cleaning challenges. Those are really my pet peeve of every season.

Seemed like most of the teams had very bad technique when stringing those nuts. The teams that did it correctly had a far better completion time and less blood everywhere.

DRG 04-11-16 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by mwbmis (Post 12773571)
Scott and Blair deserved to go home just for having him do the dance.

It was especially bad because they knew what they were going into when they made the choice. I think Scott in this race just went along with whatever Blair wanted, which I think was a problem with the way they cast this season. She was the 'Youtube star' and he acted more like her 'plus one' than a competitor of his own. He didn't seem to have any drive here besides trying to make his daughter happy.

starseed1981 04-11-16 02:17 PM

Blair was one of the most annoying, and lazy, contestants in recent history. Good riddance.

LaxBandit 04-12-16 04:31 PM

LaxBandit: Blair's knee was bothering her - she hurt it in the previous leg.

Blair Fowler: Also, my knee had been hurt in a previous leg, and so, I think I was definitely pulling the team down a little bit.
Reality TV World: Was it a serious injury? Did you pull something?
Blair Fowler: No, I mean, I just think I needed to be able to kind of rest it and elevate it. But when you're in the Race, you don't really have time to do that.
So, it was, you know, fine in the end, but it was definitely pretty painful.

Reality TV World: I was going to ask why Scott ended up doing the dancing Roadblock task. Did Blair's knee have something to do with that?
Blair Fowler: Yeah!

Reality TV World: It just seemed like a little bit of a surprising choice - even though not all women necessarily have rhythm or are good dancers.
Scott Fowler: Yeah, Blair probably would've been able to do the thing better, even with her bad knee. But the problem was, her knee really was an issue.
It just hadn't gotten enough rest. So we actually debated about it. They didn't show it, but if we had thought Blair could've completed it without her knee giving out.
I'll tell you, it was a strenuous dance. I'm not sure her knee would've made it through the dance.

Blair Fowler: Well, what's funny is, as Korey and Dad were going back and forth doing the dance multiple times, Tyler and I were kind of learning it just sitting there.
And we thought it would be fun to kind of get up and do it with them. I probably got through about four steps before I just sat down.
I was like, "Oh my gosh, if I had done this, we would've had to take a penalty." I would not have been able to complete it.
And I can work through pain most of the time. This was, I mean, I was not going to be able to push my body to do it. It just wasn't going to allow it.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/e...1%29-19614.php