DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Banshee (S4E01) -- Season Premiere -- "Something Out of the Bible" -- 4/1/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/633785-banshee-s4e01-season-premiere-something-out-bible-4-1-16-a.html)

DJariya 04-01-16 11:31 AM

Banshee (S4E01) -- Season Premiere -- "Something Out of the Bible" -- 4/1/16

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcFXDyyUYAAQV5m.jpg

Lucas becomes immersed in a new Banshee crisis involving a vicious serial murderer.

Written by Jonathan Tropper; directed by Ole Christian Madsen.

8 episode final season

Creators decided to end the series, not Cinemax

Eliza Dushku will also part of the cast for the final season

starseed1981 04-01-16 01:17 PM

Re: Banshee (S4E01) -- Season Premiere -- "Something Out of the Bible" -- 4/1/16

Yes! Can. Not. Wait.

mrhan 04-01-16 01:22 PM

Re: Banshee (S4E01) -- Season Premiere -- "Something Out of the Bible" -- 4/1/16

Thanks for posting. Can't wait.

DJariya 04-01-16 01:29 PM

If you're not really a regular subscriber of Cinemax and just picked it up for Banshee, they have 2 new shows airing this summer.

Outcast (Robert Kirkman's new horror series) Premieres June 3rd

and Quarry from the Executive Producer/Showrunner of Banshee. It's supposed to premiere this summer as well

Deftones 04-01-16 02:00 PM

It's here! :banana:
It's ending! :sad:

Deftones 04-01-16 10:01 PM

Well that is a shitty start to the season early in the episode. :sad:

Josh-da-man 04-01-16 10:37 PM

So I guess we're not getting "super-sized" episodes like they said we would when season four was cut down to eight episodes. Tonight's was only one hour, as is next week's.

Odd start to the season. After ending season three on a cliffhanger, they dropped us into a "two years later" situation, killed off a main character off-screen, and opened up a whole new plotline. Seems like this is season five, with an absent fourth season.

So I'm wondering who the serial killer is. Just some random psycho, or someone we've met? Leftfield option like Job?

Was hoping we'd get some Eliza Dushku tonight. :(

Deftones 04-01-16 10:52 PM

Hood's hair is wack. You can tell they aren't filming this in NC anymore. Show looks totally different.

mwbmis 04-01-16 11:41 PM

Strange seeing Doakes as a therapist.

DJariya 04-01-16 11:58 PM

Dammit not Rebecca!!

I wonder if we'll see anymore of Lili Simmons in flashback form.

Very weird episode. It was almost like a recap of a season that we never saw and then the time jump to this new story arc. Procter being Mayor could be interesting.

:lol: I love that Kurt Bunker is banging his racist brother's wife. That was a cool reveal.

DJariya 04-01-16 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by mwbmis (Post 12766741)
Strange seeing Doakes as a therapist.

I was wondering if that was Erik King. He seemed so soft spoken compared to Doakes. :lol:

starseed1981 04-02-16 01:17 AM

Awesome and shocking start to this year. It felt like 24 season 5's opening for obvious reasons. I like the creepy shift in tone.

ruk 04-02-16 02:06 AM

The look and feel of the show was very different.

coli 04-02-16 05:21 AM

Mayor Proctor = President Trump :lol:

I guess if this weren't the last season they would have never killed Rebecca, so nobody is safe this year. I thought it was a good start to the season, only wish it were 10 episodes.

Eddie W 04-02-16 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by ruk (Post 12766781)
The look and feel of the show was very different.

At least they took out that damn yellow hashtag.

It is weird seeing Hood without the buzzcut.

dex14 04-02-16 02:21 PM

Well... that was a rather unfortunate opening episode.

mcnabb 04-02-16 05:43 PM

The opening sequence felt very 'True Detective-ish' in the setting and mood.

hanshotfirst1138 04-02-16 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12766285)
If you're not really a regular subscriber of Cinemax and just picked it up for Banshee, they have 2 new shows airing this summer.

Outcast (Robert Kirkman's new horror series) Premieres June 3rd

and Quarry from the Executive Producer/Showrunner of Banshee. It's supposed to premiere this summer as well

Maybe now Cinemax will FINALLY add Chromecast support. Come on, guys, really? Kirkman is cooking with gas, the comic series hasn't been out long, I bet that studios were chomping at the bit for a TV deal after the runaway success of TWD.

Sonny 04-02-16 11:31 PM

I liked the opener. Nice twists to the story.

Ropes Pierre 04-03-16 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12766749)
Dammit not Rebecca!!

I wonder if we'll see anymore of Lili Simmons in flashback form.

Very weird episode. It was almost like a recap of a season that we never saw and then the time jump to this new story arc. Procter being Mayor could be interesting.

:lol: I love that Kurt Bunker is banging his racist brother's wife. That was a cool reveal.

from what i understand she will be appearing in flashbacks and is pretty involved in the season as a character.

i was convinced by the opening scenes Brock was a goner. "do you want backup?" no i am just investigating a suspicious secluded cabin miles from nowhere, i should be fine = head chopped off.

i am very sad to see the show end and disappointed it wasn't a super sized epi. some token titty got me over the hump.

i need to go back and find out what they were going to do to Bunker, that extensive chest burns were getting off lightly.

Lifepawn 04-03-16 07:17 PM

Ugh! I hate episodes where the plot revolves around flashbacks so not looking forward to a whole season of it. Also, it seems since last season that they forgot how to film a fight scene. Just choppy editing I'd expect from other shows/movies, but not from Banshee. Particularly in a season opener. This went from the series I was most looking forward to returning to something I'm wondering if I'll be slogging through just because its the end.

Why So Blu? 09-28-16 09:27 PM

Just started this season. Wow, the actress that plays Rebecca - her upper teeth are capped or she had them done. She has rabbit teeth. I thought she quit the show and was replaced with a look-alike.