DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Flash (S2E17) -- "Flash Back" -- 3/29/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/633748-flash-s2e17-flash-back-3-29-16-a.html)

DJariya 03-29-16 12:10 PM

The Flash (S2E17) -- "Flash Back" -- 3/29/16

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/sites/...y/flasfb11.jpg

TUESDAY, MARCH 29

THE FLASH

"Flash Back" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

A MOMENT IN TIME GETS BARRY ONE STEP CLOSER TO ZOOM; ANDY MIENTUS RETURNS AS HARTLEY RATHAWAY - After the shocking revelation that Zoom is Jay Garrick (Teddy Sears), Barry (Grant Gustin) is more determined than ever to get back to Earth-2 to stop Zoom forever. Desperate to find a way to increase his speed, Barry decides to travel back in time and masquerade as his earlier self in order to get his arch-nemesis, Dr. Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne (Tom Cavanagh), to teach him how to run faster. However, things don't go as planned and Barry is stunned to face familiar foe Hartley Rathaway (guest star Andy Mientus), as well as old friend Eddie Thawne (guest star Rick Cosnett). Iris (Candice Patton) makes peace with her past in order to embrace her future. Alice Troughton directed the episode penned by Aaron Helbing and Todd Helbing (#217). Original airdate 3/29/16.

Episode 17 of 23

Regarding the events of last night's crossover and if it will be addressed. Here's your answer:

DEADLINE: Even though this is a crossover that occurs mainly on the CBS, are we going to see any reference to it on The Flash?

KREISBERG: Yes, you’ll actually see the moment when Barry went on this experience and when he came back, for sure, in Tuesday’s episode on the CW — which is exciting. We had to flip because of when the shows are scheduled but otherwise the effect that it has on Flash I think is going to be minimal because that was what we were asked to do. We were just happy to have The Flash be on Supergirl.

Eric F 03-29-16 03:40 PM

Re: The Flash (S2E17) -- "Flash Back" -- 3/29/16

Well, I guess they found a way to bring Eddie back.

blairwitchfan 03-29-16 08:16 PM

Next episode April 19th? Boo.

dex14 03-29-16 08:32 PM

There's a new episode next week.

cultshock 03-29-16 08:36 PM

DEADLINE: Even though this is a crossover that occurs mainly on the CBS, are we going to see any reference to it on The Flash?

KREISBERG: Yes, you’ll actually see the moment when Barry went on this experience and when he came back, for sure, in Tuesday’s episode on the CW — which is exciting.
Did I miss the reference on tonight's episode? :confused:

blairwitchfan 03-29-16 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 12763853)
There's a new episode next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF6gtJPny1I

Flatlander 03-29-16 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by cultshock (Post 12763857)
Did I miss the reference on tonight's episode? :confused:

I don't think so. Mist be next episode as he just received the info to build that tachyon tech to run faster. I was waiting for the reference as well.

dex14 03-30-16 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by blairwitchfan (Post 12763864)

Interesting... the listings say that an episode is airing April 5th. And the EPs state that the Supergirl reference would be on April 5th.

PhantomStranger 03-30-16 01:51 PM

This was actually a very good episode but it had nothing to do with the Supergirl crossover. Seeing Flash fight himself was awesome.

I'm not sure how I feel about Barry changing history so much, this opens a huge can of worms whenever problems arise. It was great seeing Reverse-Flash again.

dex14 03-30-16 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12764441)
This was actually a very good episode but it had nothing to do with the Supergirl crossover. Seeing Flash fight himself was awesome.

I'm not sure how I feel about Barry changing history so much, this opens a huge can of worms whenever problems arise. It was great seeing Reverse-Flash again.

It had to do with him getting the device he wears on the suit in the Supergirl episode. The producers said that in the April 5th episode you would see him do the traveling. It seems that episode isn't airing until the 19th now, which is pretty lame.

DJariya 03-30-16 02:33 PM

The only connection this had to Supergirl was Barry making references to attempting to improve his speed. And as mentioned, he just received the info from Thawne for the tachyon tech that he was wearing in Supergirl.

Sucks that it's 3 weeks until the next episode.

hdnmickey 03-30-16 05:13 PM

Episode would have been far more enjoyable had we not been watching for the Supergirl episode connection. Time travel seemed to be done better in this than the past. Some great lines dealing with the realization that there was a second Barry.

Please go back and save Ronnie so we can get the original Firestorm back.

Michael Corvin 03-31-16 05:40 PM

Fantastic episode. I loved that quiet moment of Iris watching the video of Eddie. I loved it even more that Barry is such a sweet dude he would think of that.

Also, DAMN I miss Evil Wells. He is so much more interesting than Harry.

I haven't watched Supergirl yet, but I just assumed the reference was him getting faster. To go faster than he ever thought, like Wells said.

Superman07 03-31-16 09:25 PM

Yeah, pretty sure there was no connection to Supergirl. Guess he'll have to use tech to build the device, then travel over.

Barry is the worst at time and interdimensional travel (Supergirl excluded). He literally had a list of things not to do an he about broke every one of them. Would have been a bigger WTF if he gave the tape to Iris and then Eddie walked in and said, "Hey Barry!"

Michael Corvin 04-01-16 12:40 AM

Barry did the same thing on Earth 2. Had a list of shit not to do and then proceeded to do every one of them.

Needless to say, he has issues following orders.

Original Desmond 04-03-16 04:22 AM

Also disappointed so far no connection to Supergirl crossover

I don't like the time travel stuff

Koby 04-03-16 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Original Desmond (Post 12767377)
Also disappointed so far no connection to Supergirl crossover

I don't like the time travel stuff

They made it seem like this ep was the one that was going to have it, but turns out it was the April 5th episode, which is now being advertised to not be airing till April 19th, that will contain the connection to the Supergirl crossover.

stingo 04-03-16 09:00 PM

Good episode, but time travel makes it way too easy to resolve situations. Wrote yourself into a corner? Just have another time travel episode to fix it.

As a side note, I think Barry at one says that Thawne was the only one to ever figure out the speed equation. I can't believe that Zoom wouldn't have found out that way to increase speed as well, in addition to the V9.