DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Walking Dead Pool Poll (Season 6 Finale Edition) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/633741-walking-dead-pool-poll-season-6-finale-edition.html)

Abob Teff 03-28-16 11:10 PM

The Walking Dead Pool Poll (Season 6 Finale Edition)

Here we go again folks, step right up and place your bets!

Who is going to bite it in the mid-season finale?

Here are the rules:

1) There is a poll, but you must post your predictions to be an official entrant.
2) "Red shirt" Alexandrians/Hilltoppers do NOT count. You must be specific.
3) You will earn 1 point for every correctly predicted character death. You will lose 1 point for every prediction that does not come true.
4) The winner gets bragging rights, one of Carol's famous casserole recipes, and free healthcare at the Alexandria "I'm not a doctor, but I read a great book about ------>:fart:.
5) The death must be definitive and within this episode. Any cliffhangers to be resolved later will not be counted as a death.

candyrocket786 03-29-16 12:42 AM

Re: The Walking Dead Pool Poll (Season 6 Finale Edition)

I'm going with the "nobody dies cliffhanger".

fumanstan 03-29-16 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by candyrocket786 (Post 12762956)
I'm going with the "nobody dies cliffhanger".

Same here.

DthRdrX 03-29-16 01:27 AM

Maggie, Maggie and Glenn's baby and Daryl. Was a toss up for me between Daryl and Abraham though but I think he'll bite it early next season.

Talking Dead next week. Just speculation though.

Spoiler:
Norman Reedus, Robert Kirkman, and Scott Gimple

sven 03-29-16 04:03 AM

Morgan, Glenn, and Abraham.

A-aron 03-29-16 05:11 AM

Maggie, the baby, Daryl, Morgan, Sasha, Tara, Heath and Tobin ... it's gonna be a bloodbath to really drive Negan's madness and evil home

TheBigDave 03-29-16 08:28 AM

I guess no one thinks it'll be Michonne that meets Lucille? I figured her getting together with Rick raised a death flag.

It seems like there's only 7 possibilities. Rick, Carl, Maggie, Glenn, Daryl, Michonne and Carol. None of the other characters would have much emotional impact.

Of those 7, I think both Rick and Carl are safe. I doubt it's Maggie, she's got her own thing going on with the pregnancy. And I kinda doubt it's Daryl because the fans would riot.

Either Glenn or Carol seem the most likely. They both have a lot of death flags.

Josh-da-man 03-29-16 09:45 AM

Somebody will die, but we won't know who. We'll "see" Negan kill someone, but it will be from the victim's point-of-view, Hardcore Henry-style.

starseed1981 03-29-16 09:51 AM

Glenn and Abraham.

banthafett 03-29-16 10:01 AM

Morgan- will be so happy when this pussy dies
Abe- will be sad when this badass funny guy dies
Baby- dont need another worthless kid around
Tara- shit out kid for real, not coming back

I would also vote for the black guy who looks like a gay woman, but can't remember his/her name

DthRdrX 03-29-16 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by TheBigDave (Post 12763103)
I guess no one thinks it'll be Michonne that meets Lucille? I figured her getting together with Rick raised a death flag.

It seems like there's only 7 possibilities. Rick, Carl, Maggie, Glenn, Daryl, Michonne and Carol. None of the other characters would have much emotional impact.

Of those 7, I think both Rick and Carl are safe. I doubt it's Maggie, she's got her own thing going on with the pregnancy. And I kinda doubt it's Daryl because the fans would riot.

Either Glenn or Carol seem the most likely. They both have a lot of death flags.

Abraham, Rosita, Daryl, Carol, Morgan, Maggie and Glenn are all suspect and all have been given a fair amount of TV time during these 8 episodes. The narrative focus of the entire show would have to change if the offed Rick though IMO. I don't think the writers are good enough to make that adjustment.

I also agree that what is happening with Maggie is separate from the main struggle with Negan. Maggie was the one there when Judith was born and I can't see Kirkman not exploring the what-if the baby died in her womb angle this time.

Wouldn't it be something if Glenn and Maggie both die apart.

Neil M. 03-29-16 11:44 AM

I think it's going to be Carol. They're going to play with the viewers expectations. How many times has she gone on her own way only to come back and save the crew from a bad situation? Also Maggie's baby.

Bandoman 03-29-16 12:19 PM

Glen

Flatlander 03-29-16 01:01 PM

I said other only because I think it is Aaron that bites it but I don't think we will find out until next season. He fits the MO as someone we have gotten to know but is not part of our core survivors. Especially with Jesus being introduced he almost seems like he wont be needed for his scouting roll for new members.

sven 03-29-16 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by banthafett (Post 12763190)

I would also vote for the black guy who looks like a gay woman, but can't remember his/her name

Heath

Navinabob 03-29-16 01:40 PM

I think bunkaroo might be under the impression that it is a series finale and not a season finale.

Robertwoj 03-29-16 02:14 PM

Abraham, Glenn & Maggie's Baby and Father Gabriel

DJariya 03-29-16 02:30 PM

Nobody dies. Abob Teff is high like OldBoy

Honestly, the shock value of a death on this show has dropped so much now. The only character death that would shock me would be Rick, but we know that's never happening since AMC nixed that idea a few years ago when Mazzara was showrunner and he's apparently still the hero of the comic.

Abob Teff 03-29-16 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Flatlander (Post 12763367)
I said other only because I think it is Aaron that bites it but I don't think we will find out until next season. He fits the MO as someone we have gotten to know but is not part of our core survivors. Especially with Jesus being introduced he almost seems like he wont be needed for his scouting roll for new members.

Aaron is a poll option ...

Abob Teff 03-29-16 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12763478)

Honestly, the shock value of a death on this show has dropped so much now. The only character death that would shock me would be Rick, but we know that's never happening since AMC nixed that idea a few years ago when Mazzara was showrunner and he's apparently still the hero of the comic.

How am I high? *cough*cough*

I haven't posted my predictions, just the list of options.

Abob Teff 04-04-16 01:11 AM

And our winners are:

We're being trolled again ... Nobody dies.
Abob Teff, bunkaroo, candyrocket786, DJariya, fumanstan, Thos19, Tom Banjo

OldBoy 04-04-16 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12763478)

how now...i resemble that remark.

surprised Eugene didn't get more votes. i think he is done after giving up bullet recipe to Rick...