TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S6E15) -- "East" -- 3/27/16

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-16, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S6E15) -- "East" -- 3/27/16

I don't know what good someone with an immunity would do, storywise. Eugene is the closest thing they have to a scientist. Without someone like the CDC guy from season 1, there's not a ton the characters could do with the information.
Old 03-30-16, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
That they are going to provide a second audio track at some point for Negan, similar ot how the BD of S4 provided Rick dropping the F bomb. I would think "fans" would find that interesting, as I certainly do. Nice productive post btw. You would think some posters just post things to start fights on here.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to troll, honestly. That was aimed at Gimple, not you. I just get sick of the production team's double-speak when trying to make themselves sound oh-so-clever. Just do a good job and you don't have to keep trying to sell the viewer on stuff.

Is a secondary track interesting? I'll admit I'm interested on home video (streaming, Blu Ray, etc.). However a creative solution (ala Battlestar Galactica or Abraham's creative sayings) which improves the character's mystique would be a thousand times more interesting than Gimple breaking his arm trying to pat himself on the back for using the F-bomb on some alternate audio track.

Originally Posted by windom
Hasn't it been established that it's not the actual bite that kills, but all of the bacteria that comes from the bite? So a baby in the womb wouldn't have the same kind of bacteria in their bite as a zombie that's been out roaming around for awhile. Would a bite from a freshly born zombie kill a person? They shouldn't really have the same bacteria in their bite. Theoretically, it would be the same as being bitten by any other person at that point. I'm not sure if we've had a clear case of that happening. Maybe Andrea, which I had an issue with at the time.
Established? No, just a theory we postulated around here. That is a good point about freshly turned zombies. I hadn't thought about that. I guess it depends on how long it takes a person to turn. Could the bacteria (or whatever) start forming before the person dies, like gangrene or something?
Old 03-30-16, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Audio for the final ten minutes of the season finale has leaked. Don't know if it's cool to post a link here to the zippyshare page, but if anyone is curious there are a couple of links on the "The Spoiling Dead Fans" facebook page. The main post has a link to a vocaroo page that's running really, really slow, and someone in the comments has saved the mp3 and put it on zippyshare.

And, yeah, it's *that* scene.

Also sounds like
Spoiler:
the death scene is from the point-of-view of the person getting killed; the audio muffles after the first blow and there's a ringing ears effect. I'd day we probably won't know who buys the farm until October.
Old 03-31-16, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Regarding immunity, I read a book series (Dead series by TW Brown) that introduces that concept, and it played out in some interesting ways over the course of the series, especially in the last few books that occur after a jump forward of 10 years. Communities of immunes considering themselves as human 2.0 and the rest as inferior. Wars between immune and non-immune. The virus used as biological warfare, etc., people becoming infected after sex with an immune. There's a lot of cool storylines that can be used using that concept.
Old 03-31-16, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
I haven't seen anyone mention it in this thread, but I just want to say how sick I am of Morgan at this point. His whole speech to Rick about giving people second chances was ridiculous. Morgan can say all he wants that the only reason Carl is alive is because he gave the Wolf a second chance and the Wolf saved the doctor lady, but we all know what isn't completely accurate.

The reason the doctor lady was in danger in the first place was because Morgan held the Wolf prisoner and he escaped and took her hostage. And the reason the Wolves were there in the first place was because Morgan didn't kill them and they used what they found in his bag to track down Alexandria.

So, long story short, had Morgan just killed the Wolves when he had the chance they probably wouldn't have invaded Alexandria which in turn wouldn't have lure the zombies to Alexandria away from the pit which in turn would've probably saved a lot of people's lives.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.
Yes, they have completely ruined Morgan as a characters. His BS is rubbing off on other characters like Carol and he will get more people killed. I am rooting for him to leave the show or get killed off. What a waste of a cool character. tyreese 2.
Old 03-31-16, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Audio for the final ten minutes of the season finale has leaked. Don't know if it's cool to post a link here to the zippyshare page, but if anyone is curious there are a couple of links on the "The Spoiling Dead Fans" facebook page. The main post has a link to a vocaroo page that's running really, really slow, and someone in the comments has saved the mp3 and put it on zippyshare.

And, yeah, it's *that* scene.

Also sounds like
Spoiler:
the death scene is from the point-of-view of the person getting killed; the audio muffles after the first blow and there's a ringing ears effect. I'd day we probably won't know who buys the farm until October.
i heard it and if thats the case, so fucking annoying
Old 03-31-16, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I haven't seen anyone mention it in this thread, but I just want to say how sick I am of Morgan at this point. His whole speech to Rick about giving people second chances was ridiculous. Morgan can say all he wants that the only reason Carl is alive is because he gave the Wolf a second chance and the Wolf saved the doctor lady, but we all know what isn't completely accurate.

The reason the doctor lady was in danger in the first place was because Morgan held the Wolf prisoner and he escaped and took her hostage. And the reason the Wolves were there in the first place was because Morgan didn't kill them and they used what they found in his bag to track down Alexandria.

So, long story short, had Morgan just killed the Wolves when he had the chance they probably wouldn't have invaded Alexandria which in turn wouldn't have lure the zombies to Alexandria away from the pit which in turn would've probably saved a lot of people's lives.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.
Whether you agree with Morgan or not, the show always needs conflict and different ideologies on how to survive in the apocalypse. I always felt the show is at its best when there is someone in the group who steps up and opposes Rick or atleast can go toe to toe with him. Shane & Dale did that in the first 2 seasons, Herschel did that in Season 3 & 4, and now Morgan is doing it currently.
Old 03-31-16, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 238 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by coli
Whether you agree with Morgan or not, the show always needs conflict and different ideologies on how to survive in the apocalypse. I always felt the show is at its best when there is someone in the group who steps up and opposes Rick or atleast can go toe to toe with him. Shane & Dale did that in the first 2 seasons, Herschel did that in Season 3 & 4, and now Morgan is doing it currently.
I think Morgan adds an important counterpoint, as Rick and company are slowly turning into something like the Saviors. I think Carol's conflict comes from her and Maggie meeting their counterparts a few episodes back. In another life, both could have been assimilated into Rick's crew.

Speaking of, we need a name for the gang.
Old 03-31-16, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But Morgan takes it farther than any other character from the past would have. Even Dale and Herschel would likely kill somebody in self defense if absolutely necessary. Morgan refuses.
Old 03-31-16, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

My point wasn't even that Morgan is wrong, although I think he is. My point is that his argument to Rick that letting the Wolf live is what allowed Carl's life to be saved was disingenuous and misleading. The only reason the doctor was at risk was because Morgan let the Wolf live; the only reason the town got invaded was because Morgan let the Wolf live; the only reason Carl got shot (at that exact time at least) is because of the need to flee the town as a result of the walkers and Wolves converging at the same time.

So again...it's not even an argument that Morgan is right or wrong, it's just that him convincing Rick in that moment by using Carl was supremely misleading.
Yeah, that was complete BS.
Old 04-01-16, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
Communities of immunes considering themselves as human 2.0 and the rest as inferior. Wars between immune and non-immune.
That's going on in The Last Ship, but without zombies.
Old 04-02-16, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
It only took six seasons for The Walking Dead to finally have an appropriate song choice play over a scene.

That Cash song may have been the first song I remember liking on TWD.
I thought the use of The Mountain Goats "Up the Wolves" in episode 12 of season four was quite good.
Old 04-02-16, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy
If the game didn't already do such a fantastic job with that story, I would have liked to see that explored on WD (or one of the other Zombie shows).
Did anyone find similarities with the music and feel to Last of Us during he scene with Morgan/Rick and the horse? Something about the music made me feel like I was back in that game.
Old 04-02-16, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by sq240
I thought the use of The Mountain Goats "Up the Wolves" in episode 12 of season four was quite good.
And Tom Waits' "Hold On" from the end of season 2.
Old 04-02-16, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My point wasn't even that Morgan is wrong, although I think he is. My point is that his argument to Rick that letting the Wolf live is what allowed Carl's life to be saved was disingenuous and misleading. The only reason the doctor was at risk was because Morgan let the Wolf live; the only reason the town got invaded was because Morgan let the Wolf live; the only reason Carl got shot (at that exact time at least) is because of the need to flee the town as a result of the walkers and Wolves converging at the same time.

So again...it's not even an argument that Morgan is right or wrong, it's just that him convincing Rick in that moment by using Carl was supremely misleading.
I agree, though some people in real life do think this way, so I found it realistic.
Old 04-03-16, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by bralph
I hadn't considered it until this thread, but a zombie baby eating its way out of Maggie would be a pretty incredible way for Maggie to go. I still like her character, even with her having so little to do, but that would be something to see.
Originally Posted by Eric F

So there's no chance this will happen to Maggie is there?
I called it in a previous thread:

Originally Posted by mhg83
My theory on the season finale (I haven't read anything on what happens) :

Since Maggie was stabbed in the abdomen my guess is that her baby is dead. The baby dies and turns into a zombie in her womb causing accelerated growth. The zombie baby eats her from the inside and bursts out of her chest Alien style.

It'll never happen but would be cool to see.

Last edited by mhg83; 04-03-16 at 07:33 PM.