DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Vice Principals (HBO) -- S: McBride, Goggins -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 7/17/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/633528-vice-principals-hbo-s-mcbride-goggins-season-1-thread-premieres-7-17-16-a.html)

redrum 05-28-14 03:18 PM

Vice Principals (New McBride & Hill HBO show)

Sweetness

Stevie better be in this

Who mourns for Eastbound & Down? For those of you who do, HBO has some swell, Danny McBride-tastic news for you.

HBO has announced a new series from Eastbound & Down creators McBride and Jody Hill, called Vice Principals. McBride will return to star in the new comedy series, which has been given an 18-episode series order (with option for extension). In an interesting tactic, the decision on how many episodes per season will be decided later - so no, don't expect those 18 to air in one year, but rather broken up as McBride and HBO decide on the best approach.

According to HBO’s press release, McBride’s new comedy series will follow “the story of a high school and the people who almost run it, the vice principals.”

Eastbound & Down’s David Gordon Green (Pineapple Express) and Stephanie Laing (Banshee) will executive produce Vice Principals.

Vice Principals doesn’t yet have a premiere date.

DJariya 03-10-16 10:56 PM

Vice Principals (HBO) -- S: McBride, Goggins -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 7/17/16

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/images...bo20160310.jpg

Premieres this July on HBO. 18 episodes were ordered, which will air this summer and next year.

It's from the makers of Eastbound and Down.

Created by Danny McBride and Jody Hill, who also created HBO's EASTBOUND & DOWN, VICE PRINCIPALS is a dark comedy series that tells the story of a high school and the two people who almost run it, the vice principals. McBride and Goggins star as the rival administrators, who are in an epic power struggle, vying for the top spot: to be school principal. The half-hour show is slated for 18 episodes over two seasons. Premieres July 2016.

The premiere of VICE PRINCIPALS will also debut on HBO NOW and HBO GO. You can watch the full episode there and catch up on all your favorite HBO programming by subscribing to HBO NOW at HBONOW.com or by logging into HBO GO (for HBO's linear subscribers).

Original Desmond 03-11-16 04:13 AM

Re: Vice Principals (HBO) -- S: McBride, Goggins -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 7/20

I'll give anything Goggins is in a looksee and good to see him in a bit of a different role

scorpion 03-11-16 07:21 AM

Re: Vice Principals (HBO) -- S: McBride, Goggins -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 7/20

Looks funny to me. Looking forward to it!

Deftones 03-11-16 08:31 AM

Hell yes. All in on this. Love McBride and Goggins. :up:

starseed1981 03-11-16 11:13 AM

Kenny Powers fighting Boyd Crowder............too much awesome. Almost can't handle it.

Troy Stiffler 03-11-16 11:17 AM

Danny McBride and Jody Hill? Sold. I didn't catch Eastbound and Down until last year. That show was great. Best ending ever.

Raul3 03-11-16 05:19 PM

First YouTube comment:

Cancel game of thrones and make more of this please.

BDB 03-11-16 06:45 PM

Looks ace!

DJariya 04-27-16 12:49 PM

Officially premieres July 17th

VICE PRINCIPALS kicks off its nine-episode season SUNDAY, JULY 17 (10:30-11:00 p.m.). Created by Danny McBride and Jody Hill, who also created "Eastbound & Down," this dark comedy series tells the story of a high school and the two people who almost run it, the vice principals. McBride and Walton Goggins star as the two administrators, who are in an epic power struggle, vying for the top spot: to be school principal. Executive producers, Danny McBride, Jody Hill, David Gordon Green and Stephanie Lang.
Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...S63UiDdixYe.99

2nd teaser

cowtown 04-27-16 01:20 PM

Re: Vice Principals (HBO) -- S: McBride, Goggins -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 7/17

OMG...this looks like it could be the finest bit of entertainment created in human history. I can't wait for it to start.

dex14 07-08-16 01:18 PM

Re: Vice Principals (HBO) -- S: McBride, Goggins -- Season 1 Thread -- Premieres 7/17

Fans of “Eastbound & Down” will be happy to know that “Vice Principals,” the new HBO comedy starring Danny McBride, promises the same type of debauchery. “Vice Principals,” however, is settling into the television trend of “short and sweet,” in other words — few seasons.

“The whole series is only 18 episodes and that’s it. We just wanted to make a really long movie. It’s one school year and a complete story,” McBride said at the show’s premiere. “This was an old screenplay that Jody [Hill] and I wrote back in 2006. But we needed it to be longer so we added and reworked it and broke it up into 18 segments.”

“HBO trusted us to make those episodes without anyone watching them, so they really, really trust us,” McBride said.

When asked if they would be interested in making more episodes if the first two seasons go well, executive producer and director Hill had a very simple answer.

“No,” he said. “We already shot the 18 episodes and that’s it.”

Although no strangers to success on HBO, their new show will be going up against critically acclaimed series like “Veep” and “Silicon Valley.” Executive producer and director David Gordon Green, who is also McBride and Hill’s longtime friend and collaborator, isn’t phased by the pressure since he says they’ve never been “critical darlings.”

“We march to our own beat,” Green said. “We try to tell the stories we want to tell, without compromising and we try not to follow market trends.”

“Vice Principals” premieres July 17 on HBO.
http://variety.com/2016/scene/vpage/...ns-1201810443/

DthRdrX 07-08-16 01:49 PM

I saw another preview on HBO a few weeks ago that showed
Spoiler:
Bill Murray
also showing up in this. Looks hilarious.

E Unit 07-08-16 02:04 PM

So...it's basically Eastbound and Down, but now with Walter Goggins added. More of the same is fine by me.

OldBoy 07-08-16 02:40 PM

I'm really looking forward to this and I never say that about new tv shows...

Deftones 07-08-16 04:07 PM

Can't wait for this. Love everyone involved.

RichC2 07-08-16 06:30 PM

According to Danny McBride this series will last 2 seasons and is a total of 18 episodes.

They're already done filming and are "completely done"

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...easons-on-hbo/

DJariya 07-08-16 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 12845461)
According to Danny McBride this series will last 2 seasons and is a total of 18 episodes.

They're already done filming and are "completely done"

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...easons-on-hbo/

See Post #12

RichC2 07-08-16 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12845548)
See Post #12

Naw. I'm good. *whistles, walks off*

DJariya 07-17-16 06:53 AM

Bump

Premieres tonight

When the principal of a high school retires, his two vice principals go to extremes to land the vacant job.

Written by Danny R. McBride & Jody Hill; directed by Jody Hill.

Remember it's an 18 episode series total. 9 will air this summer and 9 will air next year and that's it.

MrX 07-17-16 03:42 PM

Sepinwall mentioned when asked that he's seen the first two eps and it's much more of a McBride show than McBride and Goggins sharing the screen.

OldBoy 07-17-16 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by MrX (Post 12852412)
Sepinwall mentioned when asked that he's seen the first two eps and it's much more of a McBride show than McBride and Goggins sharing the screen.

That would be a shame because I quite like Goggins. Less like McBride...

slop101 07-17-16 08:19 PM

My most anticipated new show of the year.

mrhan 07-17-16 11:29 PM

Damn. It Should have been an hour long. There is a lot of McBride being the same asshole but I'm liking it so far.

DJariya 07-18-16 12:45 AM

Yeah it was like 80% focused on McBride and his antics. Gamby kind of reminded me of Kenny Powers.

Thought it was decent. Not a lot of LOL moments, but it was a fast 30 minutes. I liked seeing McBride and Goggins at each others throats. I'd give it a B or B-

:lol: at Goggins character. He's like a flaming gay Boyd Crowder.

After seeing how the show is structured, I can see why they decided to make this a limited run series. The premise doesn't have a lot of longevity.