Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fuller House (Netflix) - Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-19, 11:03 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Re: Fuller House (Netflix) - Series Thread

It looks like we’ll get to see that wedding — and find out the name of Stephanie and Jimmy’s baby — after all! Netflix is bringing Fuller House back for a fifth and final season, TVLine has learned. The farewell episodes (exact count TBD) will arrive this fall.

A spinoff of the classic family sitcom Full House — which ran from 1987 to 1995 on ABC — Fuller House follows grown-up D.J. (Candace Cameron Bure), Stephanie (Jodie Sweetin) and Kimmy (Andrea Barber) as they move back into the iconic San Francisco house to raise families of their own. Fuller’s roster of regulars includes Scott Weinger as D.J.’s high school sweetheart Steve, Juan Pablo Di Pace as Kimmy’s ex-husband Fernando, Adam Hagenbuch as Kimmy’s brother Jimmy, Soni Nicole Bringas as Kimmy and Fernando’s daughter Ramona, Michael Campion as D.J.’s oldest son Jackson, Elias Harger as D.J.’s middle son Max, and Dashiell and Fox Messitt pulling double duty as D.J.’s baby Tommy.

Almost every major character from Full House — John Stamos (Jesse), Bob Saget (Danny), Dave Coulier (Joey), Lori Loughlin (Becky), and Blake and Dylan Tuomy-Wilhoit (Nicky and Alex) — has returned for the spinoff, save for Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (Michelle). After numerous attempts to get the actresses back on set, former showrunner Jeff Franklin told TVLine, “Personally, I’ve given up asking them. The door is open, but I’m not going to be calling them anymore to invite them. They just don’t seem interested in coming. It’s been three years of invitations, so they know the door is open. It’s up to them to decide if they want to come play or not.” (Franklin was fired in Feb. 2018 over allegations of on-set misconduct.)

Fuller House‘s 13-episode fourth season, which dropped on Dec. 13, introduced some major life changes for the show’s multi-family ensemble. Not only did Kimmy, acting as a surrogate, give birth to Jimmy and Stephanie’s daughter, but Jimmy also proposed to Stephanie, making her an official Gibbler-to-be.
https://tvline.com/2019/01/31/fuller...MErFN46MM_1MsM
Old 11-22-19, 08:44 PM

Season 5 - Part 1 - Dec. 6th
Old 12-06-19, 06:56 AM

Season 5 Part 1 is up today.
Old 12-07-19, 08:55 PM

Received 805 Likes on 523 Posts

Thanks, I'll let my... um, kids... know.
Old 05-17-20, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Old 07-12-20, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

Finally finished the series. Good second half of season 5.

Nice finale with all the cameos, but I’m still bummed that Aunt Becky wasn’t at the wedding, for obvious reasons.

Watched some old Full House episodes the past couple days and it’s great to “grow up” with this cast. A majority of my childhood was in the 90s, so these cheesy 90s sitcoms will always mean a lot to me.

I’ve always wanted a Step by Step sequel series. That was my favorite 90s sitcom.