Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Slasher -- horror anthology series

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-16, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
re: Slasher -- horror anthology series

I enjoyed it. I think it will make for a fun little series like AHS by being self contained seasons.
Old 05-17-16, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

FYI - this hit Netflix today. Glad I waited so I can watch in HD.
Old 05-17-16, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie W
FYI - this hit Netflix today. Glad I waited so I can watch in HD.
Cool, thanks for the headsup, now I can delete the shitty SD records of the 5 episodes I haven't watched yet.
Old 10-10-17, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk God

FYI

This is now a Netflix original series. I got an e-mail from Netflix saying that season 2 will be available on Tuesday. The trailer is watchable on Netflix. Not on YouTube yet.

This totally fell off my radar. Surprised it came back as a Netflix show now.
Old 10-11-17, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
FYI

This is now a Netflix original series. I got an e-mail from Netflix saying that season 2 will be available on Tuesday. The trailer is watchable on Netflix. Not on YouTube yet.

This totally fell off my radar. Surprised it came back as a Netflix show now.
Thanks for the heads up. I also forgot about it. It will be a good show to binge right before Halloween.
Old 10-17-17, 06:52 AM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts

Slasher Season 2 - Guilty Party is now up on Netflix:

Set in the remote Canadian winter wilderness, the story revolves around a group of former summer camp counselors who are forced to return to the isolated campground to retrieve evidence of a crime they committed in their youth. Before long the group, and the camp’s latest inhabitants, members of a spiritual retreat with their own secrets to hide, find themselves targeted by someone – or something – out for horrific revenge.

Leslie Hope (24,NCIS, Suits) leads a large ensemble cast comprised of returning actors including Paula Brancati (Sadie’s Last Days on Earth, Degrassi: The Next Generation), Jim Watson (The Strain, Between), Christopher Jacot (Rogue, Eureka), Joanne Vannicola (Being Erica), Jefferson Brown (Rookie Blue, Degrassi: The Next Generation), and Dean McDermott (Ecstasy, CSI). New cast members this season include Lovell Adams-Gray (Lost & Found Music Studios, Dead of Summer), Kaitlyn Leeb (Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments, Heartland), Rebecca Liddiard (Houdini & Doyle, MsLabelled), Melinda Shankar (Degrassi: The Next Generation, How to Be Indie), Sebastian Pigott (Rogue, Revenge), Paulino Nunes (Designated Survivor, Brooklyn), Madison Cheeatow (Heartland, Sadie’s Last Days on Earth), Ty Olsson (The 100, Supernatural), and Simu Liu (Kim’s Convenience, Taken).
Old 04-24-19, 05:35 PM

Originally a Chiller production, the series “Slasher” has found a new home at Netflix, and they’ve announced with poster art this morning that “Slasher: Solstice” will premiere May 23!

Backcountry and Pyewacket‘s Adam MacDonald directed the entire third season of the horror anthology series for Canadian creator and original content producer, Shaftesbury.

We’re told that the 8-episode third season of “Slasher”…

“Follows a killer seeking revenge on witnesses to a murder in an apartment complex.”

The series was created and executive produced by Aaron Martin (“Degrassi: The Next Generation”) who also served as showrunner for the first two seasons. Martin is currently showrunning the upcoming Netflix Sci-Fi Drama “Another Life.” Ian Carpenter (“Frankie Drake Mysteries”) serves as executive producer/showrunner on the third season.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/355...g-netflix-may/
Old 05-23-19, 06:50 AM

<iframe width="676" height="380" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aiYa4XGQ31U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Season 3 is up today.
Old 05-23-19, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Anyone ever see season 2? I thought season one had its moments, even if it wasn't a slam-dunk success.
Old 05-23-19, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Yes, seen season 2.
Old 05-24-19, 06:08 PM

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Only a few episodes in, but, man, there are just some awful human beings in this season. It's almost as if the writers hate everyone and think people are just the absolute worst.
Old 06-03-19, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Finished the season. Pretty gory. I've enjoyed all three seasons. I do think they tried to make the shitty people overtly shitty. Yeah, we know Dan's a homophobic racist but do we have to go through his rants so often? That kinda bugged me. Other than that.... well, one murder didn't follow the MO of the others, I enjoyed it.
Old 11-12-20, 04:09 PM

Now moving to Shudder.

Shudder Orders New Installment Of Horror Anthology ‘Slasher’, David Cronenberg Joins Cast
https://deadline.com/2020/11/slasher...rg-1234613503/

Scanners and Videodrome director David Cronenberg is to star in a new series of horror anthology Slasher for AMC streaming service Shudder.

The streamer has ordered a new eight-episode installment of the series, which has run for three seasons on platforms including Chiller and Netflix.

Slasher: Flesh & Blood, produced by Canadian production company Shaftesbury, will air exclusively on Shudder in the U.S., Australia and New Zealand in 2021 with second window runs in the UK and Ireland and Canada, where it will first air on Hollywood Suite. Production is underway now in Ontario, Canada.

Slasher: Flesh & Blood follows a wealthy but dysfunctional family gathering for a reunion on a secluded island. Their old wounds and competitive rivalries flare up when the family realizes a masked killer is on the island, intent on cruelly picking them off one by one.

Cronenberg, who has acted in other projects including Jason X, will star alongside Paula Brancati, Jefferson Brown, Patrice Goodman, Sabrina Grdevich, and Christopher Jacot, who have starred in other seasons of the show as well as newcomers including Rachael Crawford (Heartland), Jeananne Goosen (The Walking Dead), Sydney Meyer (Departure), and Alex Ozerov (The Americans).

Slasher was created by Aaron Martin, who exec produces alongside Christina Jennings, Scott Garvie, David Ozer, Thomas P. Vitale, and Ian Carpenter, who also serves as showrunner. Adam MacDonald is director.

“Slasher is clever, bloody, scary and fun, and adding David Cronenberg to the mix will take this new installment of the series to the next level,” said Craig Engler, Shudder’s general manager. “We couldn’t be more excited to work with Aaron Martin and the team over at Shaftesbury to bring Slasher: Flesh and Blood to Shudder members.”

“We are so thrilled that Slasher will be brought back to life on Shudder,” added Shaftesbury Chairman and CEO Christina Jennings. “We know the fans of the show weren’t ready to say goodbye, so we are eager to bring them the goriest, scariest chapter of this anthology yet.”
The following users liked this post:
Wolf359 (11-12-20)
Old 11-12-20, 05:47 PM

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Re: Slasher -- horror anthology series

I saw the thread had been updated and figured Netflix just canceled it since it hit 3 seasons, so I'm glad to see it's sticking around, albeit on a different service.
Old 11-12-20, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Great news, we really enjoyed this show. Have to subscribe to Shudder now.
Old 03-11-21, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 349 Likes on 268 Posts

I started watching this on Netflix, mostly out of the need to find a new TV series to watch.

It's ok. Pretty good gory kills though. I'll stick with it for now.

The 2nd episode intro was stellar though. That was some good shock value.

Spoiler:
The kid that was bludgeoned with a bat woke up in the forest, while the couple was getting intimate.

Old 07-24-21, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk God

First trailer. Premieres in September

Old 04-06-23, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk God

The 5th season is now up. In case you missed it, it moved to Shudder in season 4. Eric McCormack is the star of the season. Looks like it's a Jack the Ripper theme.

You can access this on AMC+ if you subscribe as well as Shudder.