TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The 100 (The CW) -- Season 3 Thread -- premieres 1/21/16

Old 03-12-16, 02:10 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Re: The 100 (S3E08) -- "Terms and Conditions" -- 3/10/16

Originally Posted by VHS?
Shits about to go down!
I could see this coming down to internal warfare soon as leadership changed hands.
The flip flopping is becoming a regular thing though but I guess it's to be expected.

Did I hear right ... it's been 3 months since last episode?
On the show or since they aired the last episode? There was an episode last week and each episode is pretty much just progressing daily.

Computer lady is losing her grip it seems. Hard to know what the AI's goal is and how it ties in with the grounders and the colonists.

Civil war seems likely now. I'm surprised they execute Battlestar Galactica guy right on the spot.
Old 03-13-16, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The 100 (S3E08) -- "Terms and Conditions" -- 3/10/16

Where was Abby during all of that?
Old 03-31-16, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,603 Posts
The 100 (S3E09) -- "Stealing Fire" -- 3/31/16

THURSDAY, MARCH 31

THE 100

"Stealing Fire" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

KANE AND ABBY SHARE A MOMENT - Clarke (Eliza Taylor) discovers a shocking truth, and Octavia (Marie Avgeropoulos) is forced to make a decision that could have devastating consequences. Meanwhile, Kane (Henry Ian Cusick) and Abby (Paige Turco) share a moment. Bob Morley, Christopher Larkin, Ricky Whittle and Richard Harmon also star. Uta Briesewitz directed the episode written by Heidi Cole McAdams (#309). Original airdate 3/31/2016.

Episode 9 of 16

The showrunner, Jason Rothenberg, released a statement last week addressing the shit storm he's gotten for killing off Lexa. Apparently he really pissed off the Lesbian-Gay viewers.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/24...nner-lexa-lgbt

“Since our episode ‘Thirteen’ aired three weeks ago, I’ve spent a great deal of time reading letters, blogs, tweets and articles from passionate women and men of all ages who were angered and saddened that the character Lexa was killed off immediately after a love scene with our hero Clarke. I’m still processing this. I’m still learning. But I have gained perspective and more than ever, I am profoundly grateful to you, our fans.

“No series, no episode of television, exists in a vacuum. As an audience, we bring with us our life experience, the events of the time, and the collective memory of all the stories we have been entertained by (or not). Every relationship. Every love scene or act of violence. Every revelation or cliché. Every original story and, yes, every trope. The worst shows retread the formula. The best transcend cliché, opening our eyes to new ways of thinking, and welcome new audiences in.

“For many fans of The 100, the relationship between Clarke and Lexa was a positive step of inclusion. I take enormous pride in that, as I do in the fact that our show is heading into its 4th season with a bisexual lead and a very diverse cast. The honesty, integrity and vulnerability Eliza Taylor and Alycia Debnam-Carey brought to their characters served as an inspiration for many of our fans. Their relationship held greater importance than even I realized. And that very important representation was taken away by one stray bullet.

“The thinking behind having the ultimate tragedy follow the ultimate joy was to heighten the drama and underscore the universal fragility of life. But the end result became something else entirely — the perpetuation of the disturbing ‘Bury Your Gays’ trope. Our aggressive promotion of the episode, and of this relationship, only fueled a feeling of betrayal.

“While I now understand why this criticism came our way, it leaves me heartbroken. I promise you burying, baiting or hurting anyone was never our intention. It’s not who I am.

“In the show-world, no one is safe, and anyone, even a beloved character, can die, at any time. My favorite shows in this genre embrace a similar sense of heightened urgency. There are several reasons why this particular episode played out the way it did: practical (an actress was leaving the show), creative (it’s a story about reincarnation) and thematic (it’s a show about survival). Despite my reasons, I still write and produce television for the real world where negative and hurtful tropes exist. And I am very sorry for not recognizing this as fully as I should have. Knowing everything I know now, Lexa’s death would have played out differently.

“The 100 is a post-apocalyptic tragedy set 130 years in the future. It’s a constant life and death struggle. In our show, all relationships start with one question: ‘Can you help me survive today?’ It doesn’t matter what color you are, what gender identity you are, or whether you’re gay, bi or straight. The things that divide us as global citizens today don’t matter in this show. And that’s the beauty of science-fiction. We can make a point without preaching. We can say that race, sexuality, gender and disability should not divide us. We can elevate our thinking and take you on a helluva ride at the same time.

“But I’ve been powerfully reminded that the audience takes that ride in the real world — where LGBTQ teens face repeated discrimination, often suffer from depression and commit suicide at a rate far higher than their straight peers. Where people still face discrimination because of the color of their skin. Where, in too many places, women are not given the same opportunities as men, especially LGBTQ women who face even tougher odds. And where television characters are still not fully representative of the diverse lives of our audience. Not even close.

“Those of us lucky enough to have a platform to tell stories have an opportunity to expand the boundaries of inclusion, and we shouldn’t take that for granted.

“For those of you wondering about the series’ path ahead, The 100 is a show where people don’t get over things quickly. This goes for physical injuries as well as emotional ones. Clarke is experiencing the profound loss of someone she loved, and she’ll carry that loss with her forever. My sincerest hope is that any of our fans who saw a part of themselves in the relationship between Clarke and Lexa can take some small comfort in knowing that their love was beautiful and real.”
Old 04-01-16, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: The 100 (S3E09) -- "Stealing Fire" -- 3/31/16

Talk about killing off the best character. Damn. Didn't think they'd go through with this.
Spoiler:
RIP Lincoln
Old 04-01-16, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Koby
Talk about killing off the best character. Damn. Didn't think they'd go through with this.
Spoiler:
RIP Lincoln
He signed on to Bryan Fuller's new show on Starz a few months ago. So not surprised to see him go.
Old 04-01-16, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Koby
Spoiler:
RIP Lincoln
Based on the story so far I've felt that the writers didn't have a compelling character arc in mind, and that they might have thought that the death would be better story-wise then keeping that character around.

Although some of that could have been the actor leaving? But maybe they knew the story was headed this way and first encouraged him to seek out other opportunities?
Old 04-05-16, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash
Based on the story so far I've felt that the writers didn't have a compelling character arc in mind, and that they might have thought that the death would be better story-wise then keeping that character around.
The story has plenty of Grounder characters so Lincoln was extraneous. He made sense when he was the one link The 100 had to the unknown inhabitants. Now, half the show focuses on Grounder culture and politics.

Besides, I hope Octavia gets a chance to kill Pike.
Old 04-05-16, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The actor got in a fight with the showrunner so he was written off BEFORE he got cast in the new show. Before this season began Lincoln was supposed to play a big part in the story but after the fight, he was punished by being put in prison for most of the season before being killed off.
Old 04-07-16, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk God

The 100 (S3E10) -- "Fallen" -- 4/7/16

THURSDAY, APRIL 7

THE 100

"Fallen" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

THE TRUTH HURTS - Jaha (Isaiah Washington) employs a terrifying new method to convince Abby (Paige Turco) to join his cause, Kane (Henry Ian Cusick) is on a mission, and Bellamy (Bob Morley) is hit with a hard truth. Meanwhile, Monty (Christopher Larkin) finds himself in a precarious situation, and Jasper (Devon Bostick) rushes to save one of his own. Eliza Taylor, Marie Avgeropoulos, Lindsey Morgan and Richard Harmon also star. Matt Barber directed the episode written by Charmaine DeGrate & Javier Grillo-Marxuach (#310). Original airdate 4/7/2016.

Episode 10 of 16

Ricky Whittle, Lincoln, confirmed that he had a falling out with the showrunner so he asked to be written off.

http://tvline.com/2016/04/06/the-100...n-death-video/

He sounds pretty pissed with how he was treated.
Old 04-08-16, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: The 100 (S3E10) -- "Fallen" -- 4/7/16

Not interested in all this AI shit. Seems really disconnected from the rest of the story.
No wonder Whittle wanted out. Seems like the showrunner is scatter-brained. Instead of focusing on the characters that mattered, he is trying to sell a story nobody really cares about but him.

I don't know. You guys like the AI story?
Old 04-08-16, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by VHS?
You guys like the AI story?
I would've preferred a different story but now I wonder where it's going since Clarke has the other AI.
Old 04-10-16, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

I'm fine with the AI story if it keeps moving forward and/or doesn't last too long. So far, it seems to be progressing and not stagnating, so it's fine.
Old 04-10-16, 06:19 PM

I am intrigued by connecting the grounders to the AI but some of the plotting is odd - like the entire episode in the encampment about the treason etc. and Abby doesn't appear once? (Scheduling?)
Old 04-11-16, 10:33 AM
Banned

Maybe they're trying to save money by only having the main cast make limited appearances. Clarke was barely in this episode.

I'm not sure where they're going with the AI plot either. The grounders have been on Earth for a century, why didn't the AI try and take them over already?
Old 04-11-16, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F
I'm not sure where they're going with the AI plot either. The grounders have been on Earth for a century, why didn't the AI try and take them over already?
That AI is looking for the second AI and thought it was on the space station.
Old 04-11-16, 04:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mnementh
That AI is looking for the second AI and thought it was on the space station.
But I assume some of the possessed grounders already know of Polaris lander. You'd think they would after 100yrs.
Old 04-12-16, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 112 Likes on 75 Posts

I'm a little curious about the AI story, but I don't want it to turn out to be the main story... just leave it a side story. Not really, happy about that mind control shit.
Old 04-14-16, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk God

The 100 (S3E11) -- "Nevermore" -- 4/14/16

THURSDAY, APRIL 14

THE 100

"Nevermore" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

RAVEN'S DARK SIDE COMES OUT - Alie (guest star Erica Cerra) forces Raven's (Lindsey Morgan) dark side to come out, and Jasper's (Devon Bostick) anger continues to grow. Meanwhile, Octavia (Marie Avgeropoulos) wrestles with her place in the world, and Monty (Christopher Larkin) is forced to make a split second decision. Eliza Taylor, Paige Turco, Isaiah Washington and Bob Morley also star. Ed Fraiman directed the episode written by Kim Shumway (#311). Original airdate 4/14/2016.
Episode 11 of 16
Old 04-15-16, 08:52 PM

Re: The 100 (S3E11) -- "Nevermore" -- 4/14/16

Good episode but could have been solved in 5 mins by putting a bag over her head at any point ...
Old 04-15-16, 10:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SmithsGuy
Good episode but could have been solved in 5 mins by putting a bag over her head at any point ...
They don't have bags in the future.
Old 04-17-16, 05:34 AM

Why did the ark have land vehicles? Or did the rover come from Mt. Weather?
Old 04-17-16, 09:39 AM
Banned

And why did the batteries last for 100yrs?
Old 04-17-16, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since the ark was originally 12 separate space stations in the future then I could maybe see one or more of them having a land vehicle. Though they likely would have been broken down and repurposed decades ago. Maybe we're supposed to believe that they were reconstructed? Mt. Weather seems much more plausible though.
Old 04-17-16, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

I thought this was probably the most annoying episode of the series so far. At least they killed off that kids mom, who was just a terrible actress. The artificial tension drove me up the wall, from the aforementioned lack of bags/sacks in the future, to 6 people barely being able to hold down one injured girl. Also, nothing really happened. I didn't mind this AI story, but if they're going to drag it out for the remainder of the season, I'm gonna be pissed.
Old 04-18-16, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

I'm wondering why if Allie can mind control them to such an extent that they'll even kill themselves, what's the point of the City of Light fiction? Just use the people.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.