Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Colony (USA) -- S: Holloway, Callies -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-16, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Colony (USA) -- S: Holloway, Callies -- Series Thread

Originally Posted by Deftones
I like how Katie becomes a super solider after an afternoon of gun training.

So, the aliens look humanoid. Are they humans from the future??? Seems like that could be a possibility.
Are you trying to say that it is unrealistic to learn how to be a trained killer by an evening in a bars basement? : )

Never thought of the future aspect of the invaders.
Old 03-11-16, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,368 Likes on 930 Posts

The one thing that got me thinking it could be future humans was that database of knowledge they were using to investigate.
Old 03-11-16, 08:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mnementh
I wanna know more about what's going on in The Factory. I thought entire families were sent there so where are the kids?
So is the factory in orbit or on the moon? The "gravity normalized" sign was interesting ...
Old 03-12-16, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 220 Likes on 194 Posts

I was surprised to see Thora Birch as one of the conspirators. I remember when she was a former kid star who was destined for "bigger things" after her role in "American Beauty". She got the lead in "Ghost World" (an "Indie" Comics adaptation no one much talks about any more) and her co-star was another former kid star, Scarlett Johansson. Of course, Thora is now in her 30's, and situations have really changed for both actresses.
Old 03-13-16, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DWilson
I was surprised to see Thora Birch as one of the conspirators. I remember when she was a former kid star who was destined for "bigger things" after her role in "American Beauty". She got the lead in "Ghost World" (an "Indie" Comics adaptation no one much talks about any more) and her co-star was another former kid star, Scarlett Johansson. Of course, Thora is now in her 30's, and situations have really changed for both actresses.

That was Thora Birch?! She looks....................... different.
Old 03-17-16, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Highly disappointing finale. Feels like Lost all over again. We got basically no big reveals. All that build up and nothing. Terrible
Old 03-18-16, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

All that setup for the astronomy field trip was all for nothing. Grrrr.
Old 03-18-16, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Yea when it said at end new episodes coming 2017 I was like WTF that was a finale , jesus.

Thora Birch...yes please.
Old 03-19-16, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Highly disappointing finale. Feels like Lost all over again. We got basically no big reveals. All that build up and nothing. Terrible
I'm disappointed that they took the easy way out. They've left things open so they're not boxed in at the beginning of next season. Unfortunately, it leaves me feeling nothing much at the end of this season.
Old 03-19-16, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 822 Likes on 694 Posts

I'm done with the show after this incredibly weak finale. I'm guessing the show blew its entire budget on the pilot and had virtually nothing left by the end.

I just don't understand these ten-episode cable seasons at all. They make for dreadful storytelling with abrupt, barely finished story arcs. It's quite telling they revealed virtually nothing in this first season, it's clear the showrunners have no future mapped out beyond getting renewed each season.

Colony would have worked much better if they had flipped the roles of Holloway and his wife. She should have been working with the future humans/aliens.

This show is apparently following the same path blazed by Falling Skies down the road of mediocrity.
Old 03-21-16, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 620 Likes on 499 Posts

Exactly what I was afraid of when I decided to watch this show knowing that the Lost people were behind it.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Old 03-21-16, 04:43 PM

I binge watched the first 7 episodes last night and then just pulled the plug. I regret wasting my time on those aimless, dreary, unfulfilling episodes. This show simply wasn't good, and even worse, it was poor while also not being fun. Into the Badlands wasn't a good show, but at least it was a fun show. This was just depressing and seemed ultimately pointless with the overwhelming power of the Aliens.
Old 03-28-16, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just caught the season ender. The season was uneven and at times frustrating. But I still enjoyed it for the most part. I see what they were going for. Trying to put the audience in the same position as the citizens. I.E. We don't know anything more than they do about the aliens, their plans or there motives. I also appreciate a nice downer ending. Which that certainly was. Katie's actions basically destroyed her family, parts of the city and who knows how many civilians. And for what?
Old 05-25-16, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I had let these pile up on my DVR while the regular season was on. I'm trying to catch up now, but have 2 episodes left and I have really lost interest. Is it worth slogging through the last 2 eps or should I just cut my losses now?

I heard it was renewed, which is surprising.
Old 05-25-16, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
So I had let these pile up on my DVR while the regular season was on. I'm trying to catch up now, but have 2 episodes left and I have really lost interest. Is it worth slogging through the last 2 eps or should I just cut my losses now?

If you intend to keep watching it, yes, but I doubt there's much to change your mind. I will say they ended the various plotlines in a way that was very open, -let's just say you'll see them heading in a direction, but not what's at the end of it, a character might be gone but not replaced -so basically they can be very flexible in writing and casting the next season.
Old 05-25-16, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Did Sarah Wayne Callies leave this show now that she's got a new gig at Fox?
Old 05-25-16, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,679 Likes on 2,646 Posts

Originally Posted by randian
Did Sarah Wayne Callies leave this show now that she's got a new gig at Fox?
No, she's doing both. Prison Break is shooting right now and is only 9 episodes. Colony doesn't air again until early 2017 and will probably shoot later this year.
Old 05-25-16, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Just finish the last two then gee, don't be a quitter haha.
Old 05-26-16, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You'll likely end up frustrated. This is one of those shows where the producers treated this "season" like the first half of a much longer season. That might work for the viewers watching on Netflix in 2019 but it's terrible season management for a show that won't return for a long time.
Old 01-12-17, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Colony (USA) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 1/12/17

Colony
gif hosting

COLONY "Eleven.Thirteen" - 10/9c *Season two premiere*

In the wake of a mysterious alien invasion, a family fights to stay together in a new world order. When USA Network's critically acclaimed series COLONY returns for Season 2, alien intelligence are still in control of a near-future Los Angeles. In an effort to get their son back, Will (Josh Holloway) has been cooperating with the Collaborators and now knows about his wife Katie's (Sarah Wayne Callies) alliance with the Resistance. With her secret out and finding themselves on opposite sides of the battle, have they jeopardized any hope of reuniting their family?

Almost forgot. Season 2 premieres tonight on USA.

Old 01-12-17, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Colony (USA) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 1/12/17

If you're not finished with Season 1 yet (like me) It's streaming on Netflix.

I have 4 more episodes from season 1 to finish.
Old 01-13-17, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Hopefully it pick up the pace. I want to see aliens and know what the hell they are doing here.
Old 01-13-17, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk God

15 mins in and this is already better than much of last year. Finally get some back story. This is how the show should have started last year.

Last edited by Deftones; 01-13-17 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-13-17, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 620 Likes on 499 Posts

15 mins in and this is already better than much of last year. Finally get some back story. This is how the show should have started last year.
My thoughts exactly. Producers/writers too cute. Just do it chronologically.
Old 01-14-17, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Filling in the backstory at this point over one episode tells me the writers have absolutely no idea where to go in the plot. This is called running the clock out so they don't have to reveal too much about the aliens this season.

This is one case where a strong cast is being let down by an incompetent writing staff. I get the impression most of the budget went to the cast and they have to be very judicious on expensive VFX.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.